IGNORED

It Will Take Time

redrebel

I went yesterday for my first home game this season, I live 150 miles away and don't get to many.And I was dissapointed.Having gone to Brentford last week, I was expecting a win.But let's be realistic here.The team we are watching is Tinnion's not Johnson's. He has only been at the Gate a week and it will take him time.This season is likely to be him sorting out the team and players he wants with a view to a real push next year.Anybody moaning about GJ now, and I can be as good moaner as any, wants their heads read.GIVEHIM TIME.

The only other major thing that struck me yesterday though was how old and slow Marcus Stewart looked.I sat in the Dolman for the first time for years and he looked knackered after 10 minutes to me.Is the man too old or am I wrong.I would be interested in any views on the subject.

I disagree with you totally, I wasn't dissapointed in the slightest.

Who deserved to win, despite there being 8 Hartlepool men behind the ball at every opportunity? Us!

They scored from their only real chance of the game.

Nothing to worry about - 6 points from 3 games is promotion form!

IF GJ had said on his appointment that he would secure 6 points from the next 3 games, hands up anyone who would have thought he was being a bit ambitious, especially given the shambles he took over and that one of those games was Brentford away?

The fact that we exceeded expectations at Brentford has only made Saturday's result more disappointing, but it sounds as though the team perfromance was again good, even though we lost. Surely there is greater confidence running through the team now, and with each good perfromance that confidence can only grow.

Unfortunately, results on Saturday mean that we are 16 points from the top 2, and no way can I see us turning that around. That means that our best hope is play offs this season.

IF GJ had said on his appointment that he would secure 6 points from the next 3 games, hands up anyone who would have thought he was being a bit ambitious, especially given the shambles he took over and that one of those games was Brentford away?

The fact that we exceeded expectations at Brentford has only made Saturday's result more disappointing, but it sounds as though the team perfromance was again good, even though we lost. Surely there is greater confidence running through the team now, and with each good perfromance that confidence can only grow.

Unfortunately, results on Saturday mean that we are 16 points from the top 2, and no way can I see us turning that around. That means that our best hope is play offs this season.

Yep, a poor start under Tinnion has cost us for the second season running, and although one of the top two will wobble at some point, they look to be going the way of Hull and Luton last season and opening up an unbreachable gap, if they keep that up then the auto places will be taken by xmas and barring a miracle I think auto promo is out of reach again.

:@

Now, I'd be happy to be top half of the table by xmas and making a serious assault on the top six in the new year. We need a decent unbeaten run, although even with losing yesterday under GJs tenure so far, we have hit the 2 point a game average that will hoist us up the table.

Yep, a poor start under Tinnion has cost us for the second season running, and although one of the top two will wobble at some point, they look to be going the way of Hull and Luton last season and opening up an unbreachable gap, if they keep that up then the auto places will be taken by xmas and barring a miracle I think auto promo is out of reach again.

:@

Now, I'd be happy to be top half of the table by xmas and making a serious assault on the top six in the new year. We need a decent unbeaten run, although even with losing yesterday under GJs tenure so far, we have hit the 2 point a game average that will hoist us up the table.

Excellent post that does not contain the mass panic, hysteria, serial slagging and lack of footballing knowledge that seems to accompany a defeat which for all the team's faults (and they are third division players after all), was a case of being mugged by a well drilled opposition who boast one of the best away records in the league.

Johnson, in my opinion, has got three months to instill some confidence, toughness and a recognised pattern of play into the team before even bothering to look at league tables. If we are in the top half of the table by that time then, with the opportunity to further strengthen and release dead wood in the next transfer window, we will have an exciting final few months of the season ahead of us and who knows what could happen.

Johnson has already improved the football on offer so in my book has done 50% of the job required within 270 minutes of football. The major fault within the team, as I saw it, yesterday was the fact that we panicked big time for 10 minutes after their goal and reverted to the type of hopeful long balls that were symptomatic of the previous clown's reign. This lack of confidence is the product of 15 or so months of having no managerial leadership/direction whatsoever, both off and on the pitch. I believe Johnson will put it right as he seems to have a bit of character about him. And when he does we are going to see a totally different football club.

I went yesterday for my first home game this season, I live 150 miles away and don't get to many.And I was dissapointed.Having gone to Brentford last week, I was expecting a win.But let's be realistic here.The team we are watching is Tinnion's not Johnson's. He has only been at the Gate a week and it will take him time.This season is likely to be him sorting out the team and players he wants with a view to a real push next year.Anybody moaning about GJ now, and I can be as good moaner as any, wants their heads read.GIVEHIM TIME.

The only other major thing that struck me yesterday though was how old and slow Marcus Stewart looked.I sat in the Dolman for the first time for years and he looked knackered after 10 minutes to me.Is the man too old or am I wrong.I would be interested in any views on the subject.

Ref stewart he was and i know he was in the essex around 30 after the barnsley game he is always getting smashed and was so bolloxed he couldnt even get a chrisp in is mouth

I disagree with you totally, I wasn't dissapointed in the slightest.

Who deserved to win, despite there being 8 Hartlepool men behind the ball at every opportunity? Us!

They scored from their only real chance of the game.

Nothing to worry about - 6 points from 3 games is promotion form!

Ron ,that what you said on saturday....you did make sens ethough anmd twenty pence is anob you should have told him that too

stewart has never had pace but with good service he will score as he is an intelligent footballer and johnsons appointment delighted me

:chant6ez:

Archived