IGNORED

Fed Up Of Pay Per View

sh1t_ref_again

Is it me or do player interviews etc are becoming increasingly only available by Bristol City World. Well as a season ticket holder for 20 years, it would be nice to be able to just read what the players have to say rather than having to pay a company because they operate the web site.

I understand that BCFC world offer some good content for people who are unable to get down the gate, but how long will it be you have to pay and subcribe just to get on the site.

Is it me or do player interviews etc are becoming increasingly only available by Bristol City World. Well as a season ticket holder for 20 years, it would be nice to be able to just read what the players have to say rather than having to pay a company because they operate the web site.

I understand that BCFC world offer some good content for people who are unable to get down the gate, but how long will it be you have to pay and subcribe just to get on the site.

Being that I work up in Jock Land quite a lot. World is a good purchase for me. I think if they were to just offer you live commentary on matches it would not be attractive to the buyer. I do however see it from your point of view, but lets be honest, I'd rather be in your position to be able to see every home game than to have to listen to most on world.

I rekon you should just buy it, you can afford a ST. You must be rich!!! :D

Most of the stuff in interviews on World gets written into a shorter article on the main site. The very important stuff gets made open to everyone a short time later.

They'll never make the main site a paid service because it would limit publicity.

I think the balance is about right, I just hope they get decent money from the company that runs it.

Nibor

I don't mind that players interviews are shown, but there was a interview with Lansdown that wasn't even shortened for the non world people.

The full interview with any director should be shown for all, keep the world stuff for the playing side.

MM

What really annoys me is that most of the content now being charged for was previously avaialable free, albeit without the video clips. This season the amount of content only available on world has increased massively. I too think that in a year or so the whole site will be ppv.

Premium TV who own all of the sites have lost SO much money that they have no choice.

GRRRRRRR

Everything seems to be going this way now. Remember the Big Match on ITV Sunday afternoons, in fact, all decent TV is now pay per view.

Footy, boxing, cricket etc etc

It was only time until the Web caught on to the money making scheme

I am a Atlanta Braves fan (Baseball) and at the start of the US Baseball season i was offerd a package to watch all the games live on the internet at the price of $50 for the season including all the play-off's.

:ProgrammePC: I feel Bristol City could also look at the this style on BCFC World privalage for people who live in USA, etc. Overseas people can register for this service only. :ProgrammePC:

I get world for free as for some reason I don't seem to have to pay so i can honestly say I think its a great service.

However if I had to pay for it, whioch after they read this probably wont be long, I honestly wouldnt bother although I have noticed increasingly a lot of content is moving over to it and the written versions on the website so maybe soon we would all have to get it.

Problem is they paid the league so much for these rights they've gotta try and make their money back before it all collapses around them.

The club do not make that much money on hits on the Internet site anymore. It therefore makes sense to try and reduce this service and get more people to switch to World where the margins are presumably bigger.

You don't get much for free, especially from football clubs....

Archived