IGNORED

New Players On Trial @ Ashton Gate

JudgeRed

Kevin James - NO - v.bad goals per game ratio

David Perpetuini - NO - move around too much, obviously didn't impress at Watford, Gillingham, Wycombe & Walsall so ended up at Stevenage - ummmm........ big time !!!

Aboubacar Fofana - maybe worth a longer look

:city:

A forward, defender and a midfielder. Don't knock them before they've even kicked a ball in anger.

At least GaryJ seems to have assessed the squad and using the limited options available to try and strengthen it.

I quite fancy chanting Aboubacar Fofana's name after a few drinks!

Can we sign any of these guys though?

I don't understand this transfer window thing at all, first we sign Sankofa on an "emergency loan" deal even though we have two other central defenders at the club, now we are looking at 3 players all under contract doesn't that mean we would be "transferring" them in? If so how is that allowed?

Kevin James Profile

I've spoken to my Forest supporting friend who says Kevin James is a fast and tricky right winger who can offer something slightly different, but has never been given a chance by Gary Megson. He was brought to Forest by Joe Kinnear on a tribunal from Gillingham where he was supposedly highly thought of.

Sounds like he's got a bit of talent but his career has reached a crossroads. Fingers crossed he isnt John Burns MK2.

Can we sign any of these guys though?

I don't understand this transfer window thing at all, first we sign Sankofa on an "emergency loan" deal even though we have two other central defenders at the club, now we are looking at 3 players all under contract doesn't that mean we would be "transferring" them in? If so how is that allowed?

I would expect the player an their current club would come to an agreement over a contract termination and therefore make them free to sign for us as an unattached player which is allowed even in the traqnsfer window

I would expect the player an their current club would come to an agreement over a contract termination and therefore make them free to sign for us as an unattached player which is allowed even in the traqnsfer window

Thanks. Still don't understand what constitutes and "emergency" loan though. :yawn:

I don't know why we just don't cut down on our staff costs by getting rid of all our scouts and replace them with someone who can just scroll through soccerbase stats and find potential new talent.

Correct-a-mundo!

I've seen him a few times for the reserves and he's lightening quick. I still can't believe Megson hasn't given him a chance and that Forest would just let him go. He needs regular first team football and to curb his attitude but I reckon he'll do well wherever he ends up.

Fofana is a class left-winger! Sign him up! Remember seeing him a few times for millwall...pace to burn and a sweet left peg!

(was also quality on CM 03/04! :me?: )

if he is great but what would happen with scott brown play instead of wilkshire in central midfield

Archived