IGNORED

That Shirt , That Badge

Tinmansleftboot

The suggested new badge (by richard gould) was a poor design took from our middle bit of our current badge,

which was no.1 in the picture below. it sparked off a debate that if we were to change the badge then

why not bring the robin back, some wanted to keep the current badge and no.3 in the picture was

one of many designs suggested as an alternative, rather than the ship and castle badge

which has and still is used by many sporting clubs in the west country (including the gas in the past).

I would like our own id as a badge rather than some badge that represents the whole of bristol,

and if you represent the whole of bristol then that includes the gas? :doh:

IPB Image

nooooo same badge both clubs??? :disapointed2se:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bring back the robin :pray:

IPB Image

Guest Stafford

If we put half the effort into the playing side of things that we put into shirts and badges, catering and all this other faeces, then we would be in the top half of the Championship. Personally, I couldn't care if we played in blue and white quarters in our best daps with bovril being the half-time drink if City were where they probably will be in 6 months time.

The suggested new badge (by richard gould) was a poor design took from our middle bit of our current badge,

which was no.1 the picture, it sparked off a debate that if we were to change the badge then

why not bring the robin back, some wanted to keep the current badge and no.3 in the picture was

one of many designs suggested as an alternative, rather than the ship and castle badge

which has and still is used by many sporting clubs in the west country (including the gas in the past).

I would like our own id as a badge rather than some badge that represents the whole of bristol,

and if you represent the whole of bristol then that includes the gas? :doh:

IPB Image

nooooo same badge both clubs??? :disapointed2se:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bring back the robin :pray:

IPB Image

I'm sorry but whats that everyone shouts about never going back??

Badge 2 and 3 were not that wanted, mainly only by the subbers few.

We have had that badge before, like players, been there done that. Why bring back 70s designs, is there anything wrong with new badges (excluding RichardG)

What we have is fine by me, and long may it continue.

I'm sorry but whats that everyone shouts about never going back??

Badge 2 and 3 were not that wanted, mainly only by the subbers few.

We have had that badge before, like players, been there done that. Why bring back 70s designs, is there anything wrong with new badges (excluding RichardG)

What we have is fine by me, and long may it continue.

2 and 3 not wanted hmmmmmmm :rofl2br:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32229

BADGE 1 official new design [ 10 ] [6.02%]

BADGE 2 classic robin [ 74 ] [44.58%]

BADGE 3 unofficial [ 42 ] [25.30%]

BADGE 4 current [ 40 ] [24.10%]

bit more than just a few subbers fella :rofl2br:

badge 3 was never in the running and i said One of many

UNOFFICIAL badges that people put foward, also the club

never put the robin in the shirt vote, which left bade 1 and

4 to fight it out, where over 3,000 people emailed the club

in a vote to stop badge 1, and again bit more than just a few subbers fella

i don't know subbers this, subbers that,

this was a question about the badge for gods sake.

and when the kit was launched with new bade...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34963

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35086

Guest taipan

Luckily, taipan was able to traverse forwards through time to realise that the badge wasn't to be changed for this season.

In an unrelated incident, taipan informed His milklady of this news, "What is the time of milk taipan!" alerted his translator! What a card! Sometimes people don't realise the powers of taipan.

2 and 3 not wanted hmmmmmmm :rofl2br:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32229

BADGE 1 official new design [ 10 ] [6.02%]

BADGE 2 classic robin [ 74 ] [44.58%]

BADGE 3 unofficial [ 42 ] [25.30%]

BADGE 4 current [ 40 ] [24.10%]

bit more than just a few subbers fella :rofl2br:

badge 3 was never in the running and i said One of many

UNOFFICIAL badges that people put foward, also the club

never put the robin in the shirt vote, which left bade 1 and

4 to fight it out, where over 3,000 people emailed the club

in a vote to stop badge 1, and again bit more than just a few subbers fella

i don't know subbers this, subbers that,

this was a question about the badge for gods sake.

and when the kit was launched with new bade...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34963

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35086

Hang one. Where was this supposed poll launched?? on the forum? hmmm, yea because that makes up all the City fans.

I wonder why they didnt put the robin forward fella? because its been hashed out before. Goin back over old memories. Pointless

Hang one. Where was this supposed poll launched?? on the forum? hmmm, yea because that makes up all the City fans.

I wonder why they didnt put the robin forward fella? because its been hashed out before. Goin back over old memories. Pointless

the shirt poll was an email poll 3,000 voted with only 2 badges included.

polls on the forum reflect the mood of people on here, at the time it was not good.

the club not wanting the robin badge is up to a few board members not the fans

and they never had the bottle to put it in the vote because they knew it would

win, thus undermining their original plan for a new badge, and by keeping the current badge

they still get the ship and castle in the middle.

Goin back over old memories. Pointless????? rubbish, that belittles every memory

a fan has of this club, good or bad, and the players that have ever played for this club.

Now, I know this is so last year but what was all the fuss regarding the 'rejected' shirt. Oh, and while i'm on the subject what was the big hooo haaa about the badge.

I was away for most of the summer and honestly have no idea. Somebody fill me in..Please.

The shirt and badge nobody wanted is currently being auctioned on QXL and seems to be making a tidy sum for something so unpopular:

That shirt

The shirt and badge nobody wanted is currently being auctioned on QXL and seems to be making a tidy sum for something so unpopular:

That shirt

But isn't that purely down to the rareity=collectability value of the shirt. There can't have been that many made, so in years to come=£££'s? It's an investment by the bidder maybe, not because he or she loves the shirt?

But isn't that purely down to the rareity=collectability value of the shirt. There can't have been that many made, so in years to come=£££'s? It's an investment by the bidder maybe, not because he or she loves the shirt?

Yes, I'm sure that's why. Still massively overpriced though and will never be worth that much even in years to come.

Archived