IGNORED

Just Back From The Gate

Maesknoll Red

Yeh I had a free afternoon too so wanted to check out how GJ might feel about our underacheivers and of course the trialists.

The first half didn't see to many chances. Murray got well involved and did all but get in crosses. The reason Fofana didn't get too involved was because the play was mostly down the right. He hugged the touchline though and when he did get the ball he invariably took his man on with pace. He too failed to get many crosses in but linked up well with left-back fortune. Fofana is worth another look by all means, bit of a goodridge/Gavin/ben type. City are desperate for a left-winger so he has a chance doesn't he.

Harley and G. Smith started in centre mid and both were sloppy early on, and most of the play was on the flanks so they drifted a lot. I find it hard to judge Smith - he has a good touch and can pass, and is fairly tall, but he doesn't have pace or athleticism, bit of a tinnion without the glorious, measured long-balls. He played the Wilkshire role and got forward, got in the box on occasion, hence his two goals. The first just before HT from a lovely move and a nice glancing header to score. His second came from good wing-play, ball came in and he was unmarked to firmly side-foot home. Good brace but he needs to dominate midfield more. Harley was hot and cold throughout but his goal was a lovely 30 yard floated side footer.

As is said above, Carey and Keogh (apart from very early error in his own box, nearly put striker through on goal) were good at centre back and Basso was very vocal, did the job well, but a couple of very shakey kicks second half.

Kevin James couldn't be judged on today, came on when the game was wide-open, did the simple things well, made a couple of minor errors. All in all very good.

Also Bridges was very good. He does look like the typical lazy stroller when City are defending, but every attack he got involved. His touch is pure class and he provided others with some very good through-balls and set-ups. If he, and G Smith were more athletic I'd have more faith in them.

• Admin

Before y'all get carried away... I've just observed the line-ups and surely the fact Swindon were playing only 3 players with decent experience and 2 of them aren't even fully fit has to come into this performance?

Not carried away in the slightest, just trying to give an appraisal of a decent game and I acknowledged that it was a young Swindon side.

Of course you were going to win.

I wouldn't have been confident two or three weeks ago and I was wondering if GJ had time to start working with reserves / youth players yet.

Not to worry Rich, you'll be able to have a local derby and banter with Bristolians next season, you'll find their grassy knoll and shed in Whorefield and their forum HERE

Before y'all get carried away... I've just observed the line-ups and surely the fact Swindon were playing only 3 players with decent experience and 2 of them aren't even fully fit has to come into this performance?

Of course you were going to win.

Silence Squibling!!!! :shutup:

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Went down myself was a good performance good football played at pace once again,I thought Murray looked great and the midfield of harley and smith got stronger as the game went on,Smith scored two goals from midfield and looked better in a central role and harley I think could still be the pick of all the youngsters he surely should now be in the squad his passing and shooting is fantastic and I know wilkshire and skuse have been playing great they have lacked goals in smiith and harley I think they have more goals in them.

One word about christian looked some what slow marshalled by carey and that day when he was chair lifted off seems jonks ago now.

One word about christian looked some what slow marshalled by carey and that day when he was chair lifted off seems jonks ago now.

Anyone else notice that his ass has grown somewhat more, and he had a big ass before he left us!!

When the hell you guna get married? You've been TGSC for ages. Isnt it time for TFianceSC now!!

:laugh::laugh:

:rofl2br:

Well... We've only been together 20 odd months ... Hmmm... Plus we're both at Uni ... Hmmm....

I WOULD say when Swindon have become a stable football club but I've got to give the women her 'big' day!

:laugh:

Well... We've only been together 20 odd months ... Hmmm... Plus we're both at Uni ... Hmmm....

I WOULD say when Swindon have become a stable football club but I've got to give the women her 'big' day!

your pretty stable at the moment. I can't see you moving all season!!! :razz:

rich TFSC

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

that bloke was funny as **** i noticed when city scored he was looking the other way n shouting "come on u reds" get the ball" and somthing else which i cant remember

Well donkeys live in a stable. Isn't that close enough?

Archived