IGNORED

Targeting New Fans

robins72

I read in the Evening Post last night that Bristol Rovers were sending people out to the local Universities offering them discounted tickets for home games and just generating general interest to the mem.

Why arent we doing this?? Surely we could make some money from this by A) Bringing in new fans and B) Getting bums on seats therefore reducing costs etc.

Surely this is an area we need to be looking at.

Your thought.....

We tried to entice members of Bristol's gay community to support city without any luck as they're all gasheads!

I know a number of gay City fans actually. :shifty:

The reason Rovers are doing this, is because they know they are the least attractive of the two clubs. If you were a university student having just moved to Bristol and wanted to get a bit of footy in, where would you rather go? To watch third division football infront of 10,000 fans in a good ground or fourth division football infront of 5000 fans in a rubbish ground?

I know a number of gay City fans actually. :shifty:

The reason Rovers are doing this, is because they know they are the least attractive of the two clubs. If you were a university student having just moved to Bristol and wanted to get a bit of footy in, where would you rather go? To watch third division football infront of 10,000 fans in a good ground or fourth division football infront of 5000 fans in a rubbish ground?

But surely with the University being situated near the centre of BRistol it would make sense for us to get these students to come to Ashton GAte???

I read in the Evening Post last night that Bristol Rovers were sending people out to the local Universities offering them discounted tickets for home games and just generating general interest to the mem.

Why arent we doing this?? Surely we could make some money from this by A) Bringing in new fans and B) Getting bums on seats therefore reducing costs etc.

Surely this is an area we need to be looking at.

Your thought.....

This is a good topic for the Supporters Trust. More canvasing needs to be done - BCFC is like any other business - it needs customers!

This is a good topic for the Supporters Trust. More canvasing needs to be done - BCFC is like any other business - it needs customers!

I agree and it has been discussed in a previous meeting. It's a good opportunity. The Brist Trust (the rugby club's Supporters Trust) already do this and I'd link to think that when we're up and running we'll have a strategy for getting students involved too.

Archived