IGNORED

Adam Locke

scrumpybcfc1897

anyone remember his absolutely fantastic last minute "goal" at Burnley at Easter in our promotion year. Had it been allowed to stand we might have been champions and not Watford. I watched the goal in slo mo the next day and there was nothing wrong with it - no-one was offside

I was just thinking that same thing! I was there going mental and then to have it wiped away grrrrrrrrrrr still makes my blood boil. He was a good player. (No I'm not saying bring him back)

John Ward got him on a free transfer and he was the regular right back in the promotion season. With the likes of Goater, Shaun Taylor, Goodridge, Tinnion, Bell, Cramb and a young Tommy Doc getting most of the plaudits he was a bit of an unsung hero.

With the defensive problems we had I seem to remember that he didn't keep his place, with Wardy even trying Scott Murray at right back. When Benny arrived he eventually played him as a regular central midfield player alongside Ivan Tistimetanu, who along with Mickey Bell had his season finished by injury at the infamous game at West Brom. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Adam Locke score the winning goal away at Portsmouth when we had a mini-revival?

Yeah, Adam Locke scored a decisive late header at Fratton Park in our totally-underserved 1-0 victory there. He was a very good right back in the last promotion year and part of a very good team which obviously helped raise his game. Always reminded me of Vegard Hansen, who I also thought was rather good when he was here.

BS4

Yeh - I remember that 'gaol' at Burnley. I was interviewed outside Turf Moor by Radio Bristol that day and asked to name my player of the season. I said either Louis Carey or Shaun Taylor. They were awesome that season!

I went mental when Locke's 'goal' was disallowed - especially as we had been goaded by a small band of pikey stone island ugly lancastrian youths to our left and an equalizer would have been a sweet moment!

Absolutely nothing wrong with the goal - a beauty which should have stood - the linesman was a disgrace with that decision!

Quite fruity in the streets around the ground after the game as well - but saying 'boo' to the ugly northerners saw them off on their toes!

:dance:

anyone remember his absolutely fantastic last minute "goal" at Burnley at Easter in our promotion year. Had it been allowed to stand we might have been champions and not Watford. I watched the goal in slo mo the next day and there was nothing wrong with it - no-one was offside

i could be wrong but did he not also have a goal ruled offside at bolton aswell when we played them at the reebok on a tuesday night, from where i was it also looked ok!! Maybe he just had bad luck where linesman were concerned!!

Guest redphilc

i could be wrong but did he not also have a goal ruled offside at bolton aswell when we played them at the reebok on a tuesday night, from where i was it also looked ok!! Maybe he just had bad luck where linesman were concerned!!

I remember that one. Quite p1s######d off about that at the time as we were desperate for points. Was at the Burnley game too.

I remember the Burnley game, took my my two young boys.. telling them to enjoy the "experience" of a promotion season cos they don't come that often.

I believe we heard that promotion was sealed before the match so the atmosphere was out of this world.

Anyone remember Chris Waddle before the game waving to the city fans after getting lots of serious abuse whilst walking past our end of the ground?

P.S. Cracking shot edge of the box... top corner.. get in there!!!!

Nothing wrong with that chief!

Ward also got a standing ovation from the Burnley fans before kick off too.

Archived