IGNORED

Anyone Seen Tinnion?

Ruffus T Firefly

Guest harveythompson

I was just wondering, as anybody heard anything of Brian Tinnion?

Is he still in Bristol, or England come to that? :blink:

See him nearly every day in tescos cafe in Nailsea

Guest harveythompson

Please tell him from me I think he is a legend :city:

Already told him everyone still thinks he is a legend. He seemed suprised! don't know why, the man's services for the club are second to none

Already told him everyone still thinks he is a legend. He seemed suprised! don't know why, the man's services for the club are second to none

I can think of at least eight people who may rank slightly higher in terms of the personal sacrifice they (and their families) made for the good of the club.

Fine then, his services to the club are eighth to some other people.

Happy now? :@

At least ninth I'll think you'll find but I'm sure I could find plenty of others if I looked hard enough. For crying out loud the bloke was well paid by our football club for 13 years. Good luck to him in wherever his future career takes him but all this sentimental claptrap about being a "great servant" - how many servants do you know on £5k or whatever per week? - and finest player to play for the club is a load of bullcrap in my opinion. Onwards and upwards as a current employee was heard to say a couple of weeks ago.

Now I've got that off my chest I am very happy.

At least ninth I'll think you'll find but I'm sure I could find plenty of others if I looked hard enough. For crying out loud the bloke was well paid by our football club for 13 years. Good luck to him in wherever his future career takes him but all this sentimental claptrap about being a "great servant" - how many servants do you know on £5k or whatever per week? - and finest player to play for the club is a load of bullcrap in my opinion. Onwards and upwards as a current employee was heard to say a couple of weeks ago.

Now I've got that off my chest I am very happy.

Absolutely agree

A good 3rd division footballer, but thats about it.

i know Tins was a legend as a player but its time to get on with life without him. Gary johnson is the man in charge now .

you lot pee me off keeping on about tins .

Totally agree. The man took us from play off finalists to the relegation zone in one and a bit season's. And has left Gary Johnson with a mountain to climb to get this club back on track.Southend top of the league says something about the quality and emphasises just how poor a job Tinnion did.He's gone and as for suggestions about getting him back in some capacity, people must be joking.For too long we have been a retirement home both for players and ex players.Any spare money must go to Gary Johnson to improve the squad.

I was just wondering, as anybody heard anything of Brian Tinnion?

Is he still in Bristol, or England come to that? :blink:

and i am being serious...i was driving by arnos vale cemetery and i swear as i gave way 2 the oncoming car i seen the tinman....i don't think he was that impressed because i got a gas pendant hangin from the mirror so he copped an eyefull of that....that was last week some time.....

:crying:

I know we have now got Magic , But what is so wrong with people asking after tinnion

it's just curiosity.

I believe that people have a right to say they think he was a legend etc ,.

What i don't understand is why they get slagged off for it.

For example if a long standing colleague or aquaintance lost there job through error or own judgement

should they then be totally wiped away.

No , SOME people still have feelings , memories of tins that they want to treasure , whats so wrong

with that..

" One mans meat is another mans poison "

Roll On Saturday.....

Guest BCTIDBolts

I know we have now got Magic , But what is so wrong with people asking after tinnion

it's just curiosity.

I believe that people have a right to say they think he was a legend etc ,.

What i don't understand is why they get slagged off for it.

For example if a long standing colleague or aquaintance lost there job through error or own judgement

should they then be totally wiped away.

No , SOME people still have feelings , memories of tins that they want to treasure , whats so wrong

with that..

" One mans meat is another mans poison "

Roll On Saturday.....

Completely agree, TINMANS A LEGEND. He will always be remembered as he did so much for us, successful player unsuccessful manager so what nobodys perfect, as far as football goes...LEGEND

Oooh ahh tinnion........

BCTID

Some disgraceful comments here. Just remember all the great moments he gave us watching City. If it wasn't for him putting the ball on Scott Murray's toe and time again, he wouldn't have been half the player he was. This was one of the many great things he did. He could have left the club to play in the division above if he really wanted to but stayed loyal to City and gave everything. I will always remember he coming over to take corners by the Ateyo and getting the crowd going. Legend for me, not for others and that's fair comment. Going on the last 10/15 years he is the closest thing we have to a legend for City. We are moving on but we don't have to suddenly stop remembering him. At the end of the day he was dropped in at the deep end to a club who had just lost a playoff final. He wasn't the man for the job and the board got it wrong.

Archived