IGNORED

Peter Crouch

turbo

i think crouch is overated, he loses the ball 80% of the time. Half his passes don't reach his man

he fouls the keeper to much. His 1st touch is not great

PLUS HE LOOKS LIKE TIMMY OFF SOUTHPARK

sven should of played Defoe 1st if he didnt make an impact on the game then let Crouch play out the last 25 mins or so

am i the only person who thinks Crouch is overated (all my mates think the same) :dunno::dunno::D

His first touch is not great? Did you see him against Chelsea? 1st touch over the head of Ferreira, second touch control onto the ground, third touch shot. Quality.

Guest Cadburyheath Red

i think crouch is overated, he loses the ball 80% of the time. Half his passes don't reach his man

sven should of played Defoe 1st if he didnt make an impact on the game then let Crouch play out the last 25 mins or so

am i the only person who thinks Crouch is overated (all my mates think the same) :dunno::dunno::D

If all youre mates think the same then youre not the only one! I agree with you though, he is overrated, my boss is a Southampton fan & thinks he's amazing, I think he's a lanky streak pf pi$$! For someone so tall he's got no aerial ability.

Enough educated & informed sources rate him which should be sufficient to counter the originators question.Regading goal scoring,he actually out-performed Defoe last season when measured by their Premiership strike ratio.

Although he may not be aesthetically pleasing his undoubted attractiveness to team play is that he is a unique proposition to both play with and against.I would argue that his touch is good and that he is surprisingly good on the ground for someone so un-athletic looking.In the air he is again an odd mixture,he certainly is'nt a Cheesley type agressive and fully punching his weight but he does seem adept at reading the game and useful with touches & flick-ons for others.

Regarding value for money it will be interesting to see in the longer term how he compares with his predecessor at Southampon who now performs across the park from him....James Beattie.Just a year back Beattie was the likely squad addition,difficult to see Crouch being overtaken before the fun begins in Germany.

I'll back him to be top scorer in the World Cup

:englandsmile4wf: How much would you back him for? the man can't score at club level so how could he score let alone play against world class players! he is so far behind the pace of the game its a joke to pick him just to get opposition confused

80%, your guessing. You are deffiently wrong. The only reason Owrn ever got the ball was because Crouch had flicked or passed it to him. Fouls the keeper too much? I think he fouled him once.

As said before, for Livberpool against Chelsea, he was the reason why Liverpool had so much possesion.

I think the main reason don't rate him is because he isnt fashionable. You look at Owen, Rooney and Beckham and they came up through the ranks the 'proper' way. Crouch crawled up from small club to big club by earning recognition through performances.

I even think he should be starting tomorrow night. Rooney would love to play off of him.

Dafoe has failed to make an impact at international level. Wright-Philips is another, wastes too many good opportunities with a poor final ball.

I am trying to think back to a time we were so thin on great strikers.

Crouch will be a good player. Gives England/Liverpool an outlet, and also the centre half something to think about all game, just ask Cavalho.

Eriksson has made England into a team that does enough in games without going overboard in style and passion. He consistanly makes us play within ourselves. I think he has the mentality over no need to win 3 nil when 1 nil will do. This type of approach doesnt always work when we need to play backs to the wall football.

Still think he is the man for the job though.

Regards

Steve

:englandsmile4wf: How much would you back him for? the man can't score at club level so how could he score let alone play against world class players! he is so far behind the pace of the game its a joke to pick him just to get opposition confused

He can't score at club level because Rafa Benitez is not a good manager.

YOU DO NOT PLAY PETER CROUCH IN A 4-5-1! YOU DO NOT PLAY DJIMI TRAORE!

So he won the Champions League, we have been rubbish this season in the league and rubbish last season overall.

So he won the Champions League, we have been rubbish this season in the league and rubbish last season overall.

He doesnt play 4-5-1. Just because sky tv show Crouch up there on his own doesnt mean they are right.

Pongolle and Garcia play off of Crouch even though sky tv show they are wide players - they are wrong. Gerrard is also used to get the ball to crouch.

I think Benitez is the best manager we have had in 15 years.

Agreed that Traore shouldnt play, if garcia is the supportive left forward for crouch then Riise should be left back because of his attacking play.

They support Crouch? No! Where did all his flick-ons go to on Saturday week? Nowhere!

He needs to play like we did against Betis in the CL, not against Chelsea in the Prem. They were definately different formations.

you do not play crouch in the prem he is not a prem player! he should not play for England he is overrated. Benitez must be poor to spend 7m on someone who would be better off changing lightbulbs! Take it you must support two teams? "oh and England". Sorry perhaps its just me but he' CRAP!!

It is a very long story. I have adopted City in the last 3 years, as I didn't really know anything about local football before then. But now it's changed that I only really "follow" Liverpool, whilst supporting City. My love affair with the Merseyside is over :(

Archived