IGNORED

Elliot Benyon

madmax

Could he feature in the first team this season I wonder? Dave Cotterill has done and two hat-tricks in five days for the young lad is an amazing achievement.

Must be worth £1m by now surely ??? :D

Well done to him and the reserves.

MM :city:

Have you seen Jennison Williams. He looks quality too. At least we still have decent players coming through or at least promising ones.

• Admin

Could he feature in the first team this season I wonder? Dave Cotterill has done and two hat-tricks in five days for the young lad is an amazing achievement.

The lad has tended to match Cotts for goals through their time in the Academy.

This season he has started 7 games and come as sub in 1 for the reserves/u18s scoring 9 goals in the process.

Definitely appears to be one to watch.

I was at the game today and Benyon looked very good, I wouldn't be suprised if he was on the bench Saturday outplayed Madjo who was not affective at all. Ryan Harley's goal was good he went on a solo run before cooly slotting past Collis in the Yeovil goal. Benyon's goals were good finishes for his third he was there and he scored he reminded me of Mark Robins in the right place at the right time a goal hunting predator today and caused Yeovil's mostly experienced backline of Cullingford, Melono,Rose and Lockwood problems all afternoon. First half we were a bit shaky at times but second half we turned it round.

Have you seen Jennison Williams. He looks quality too. At least we still have decent players coming through or at least promising ones.

Jennison Williams is a close to relation to Andy Cole and is very much in the mould of the top forward. Give it a year and we'll have another Leroy on our hands.. whether its Jennison, Benyon or somebody else, this club continually churns out quality youngsters.

Jennison Williams is a close to relation to Andy Cole and is very much in the mould of the top forward. Give it a year and we'll have another Leroy on our hands.. whether its Jennison, Benyon or somebody else, this club continually churns out quality youngsters.

Well if this is the future make sure you and the bored stick these players on good contracts instead of being a selling club or letting them slip away again for peanuts. yeah 1m player now worth 3m in lita.

Well if this is the future make sure you and the bored stick these players on good contracts instead of being a selling club or letting them slip away again for peanuts. yeah 1m player now worth 3m in lita.

Lita isn't worth 3 million yet. Wait until he has scored 20-25 and then people might start talking about those sorts of figures. At the time of the deal 1 million was a good price and we are not in a position to turn down the offer unless you want to supply the funds!

Lita isn't worth 3 million yet. Wait until he has scored 20-25 and then people might start talking about those sorts of figures. At the time of the deal 1 million was a good price and we are not in a position to turn down the offer unless you want to supply the funds!

No we have no funds mainly down to bad management, buying amd selling players at a loss ie.. matty hill 100k worth four times that amount the club have only themselves blame! if you sell players when you did not need to for what you say good price, i don't agree. If i could supply the funds i would as long as i had my say.

Guest redphilc

Ask Gary Johnson. He is the boss and will make that decision when the time is right. Reserve team football is a little different to 1st team football so although the lad has done well, judging him purely on the last couple of results would be wrong..... good prospect though.

No we have no funds mainly down to bad management, buying amd selling players at a loss ie.. matty hill 100k worth four times that amount the club have only themselves blame! if you sell players when you did not need to for what you say good price, i don't agree. If i could supply the funds i would as long as i had my say.

Matt Hill was a defender and they never usually command high fees. He certainly wasn't worth 4 times the fee you suggest. Perhaps 200k would have been fairer. We have had some bad management decisions over the years but at the time we had to see Lita. £1million is a big amount by league 1 standards and he was only a one season wonder at the time. Still looking like good business to me, especially if he wanted to leave to go on to higher things.

Matt Hill was a defender and they never usually command high fees. He certainly wasn't worth 4 times the fee you suggest. Perhaps 200k would have been fairer. We have had some bad management decisions over the years but at the time we had to see Lita. £1million is a big amount by league 1 standards and he was only a one season wonder at the time. Still looking like good business to me, especially if he wanted to leave to go on to higher things.

Well i'm glad your not running the club Alex, what about coles, tommy ,brown all worth a lot more lita left because of his agent!

Well i'm glad your not running the club Alex, what about coles, tommy ,brown all worth a lot more lita left because of his agent!

Lita did leave partly because of his agent but in the end it was Leroy's choice. He didn't have to go but wanted to make the step up. I'd rather have 1 million in the bank than a player who wishes he'd made that big move. Again, 1 million is a cracking fee for a player who had ONE good season. A gamble by Reading that may well pay off. 'What about Coles, Brown, Docs?' Which Brown are you on about. It can't be Aaron Brown because he was barely worth anything anyway. How can you make money from an injured player that was out of contract! This is also a player that failed to break into the first team at QPR and was shipped out on loan to Cheltenham. In cash terms we basically swapped Coles for Patridge. Looking like a good swap to me now Coles's career may be over and Prtridge is playing well. Docs was a tough one. We could have got more a few seasons ago but then you would have moaned about selling him. As it is he is doing OK in the Championship, and if he can last more than 38 minutes a game he will be good for QPR. I'm glad you're not running the club because without that Lita money the directors may have decided that they wouldn't provide the million and just buggered off. Who on earth wants to come and be on the board? Spending thousands a year just to keep us from going under.

Sadly the clubs value of a player and the fans is never what we actually get for them, expecially as were a lil league 1 club. thats football.

Coles, Doc, Hill, Lita, Brown, Rosinior - all quality, but there were good reason 'at the time' why they may in some peoples eyes gone too cheap.

1m for Lita plus a 40% sell on is good business imo, Coles left the club with no choice and so did the Doc.

Hill went to cheap, but what could we do he had less than a year i think on his contract.

Its easy to critisize the club for letting good players go, but the good ones will never stay if they are offered more money and better quality football elsewhere.

Would be a totally differant story if we were in the Championship but were not.....yet. :chant6ez:

Sadly the clubs value of a player and the fans is never what we actually get for them, expecially as were a lil league 1 club. thats football.

Coles, Doc, Hill, Lita, Brown, Rosinior - all quality, but there were good reason 'at the time' why they may in some peoples eyes gone too cheap.

1m for Lita plus a 40% sell on is good business imo, Coles left the club with no choice and so did the Doc.

Hill went to cheap, but what could we do he had less than a year i think on his contract.

Its easy to critisize the club for letting good players go, but the good ones will never stay if they are offered more money and better quality football elsewhere.

Would be a totally differant story if we were in the Championship but were not.....yet. :chant6ez:

Rosenior was an admin error which was frustrating but Coles and Hill weren't that bad. I think 150k for Hill would have been fairer but unfortunately it was in his contract and he obviously wanted to move on. I can't see why anyone would pay money for A.Brown. Scott Brown maybe but not Aaron. Lita didn't go cheaply!

:grr: No were not and that is the clubs and mr wilsons fault. as for players contracts they should be looked into well in advance!! akinfenwa (if the spellings right) rosenior and has wilkshire been offered a new contract

akinfenwa (if the spellings right) rosenior and has wilkshire been offered a new contract

This doesn't really make any sense?!? What about Akinfenwa and Rosenior? Wilkshire hasn't been offered a new deal yet officially but he isn't going to stay unless we go up. We aren't good at offering deals but toher clubs like Swindon got caught out too, so we are the only ones. A lot of our players think they are better than they are. For example, A.Brown and Carey have hardly set the Championship alight. Hill has done well and so has Lita so far. Coles is now injured so we may never know about him.

This doesn't really make any sense?!? What about Akinfenwa and Rosenior? Wilkshire hasn't been offered a new deal yet officially but he isn't going to stay unless we go up. We aren't good at offering deals but toher clubs like Swindon got caught out too, so we are the only ones. A lot of our players think they are better than they are. For example, A.Brown and Carey have hardly set the Championship alight. Hill has done well and so has Lita so far. Coles is now injured so we may never know about him.

Akinfenwa and rosenior good players club lost out by not offering contracts they left ,Make sense now Bad management

Akinfenwa and rosenior good players club lost out by not offering contracts they left ,Make sense now Bad management

Yep just about, though punctuation would make it easier. Agreed that poor management lost Rosenior. Not sure what you're going on about regarding Akinfenwa? We nearly singed him in the summer but pulled out because Torquay wanted a big fee. Do you mean Anyinsah? If so then yes, they made a mistake there too. The sale of Leroy was not a mistake IMO. Disapointing but invetiable.

Yep just about, though punctuation would make it easier. Agreed that poor management lost Rosenior. Not sure what you're going on about regarding Akinfenwa? We nearly singed him in the summer but pulled out because Torquay wanted a big fee. Do you mean Anyinsah? If so then yes, they made a mistake there too. The sale of Leroy was not a mistake IMO. Disapointing but invetiable.

sorry didn't go to school ! anyinsah yeah that was him, began with A

i do think selling docs for 100k was bad he is worth min of 500k fit or not, coles again we were offered 500k in his first season so 100k aint too bad but worth more. however they needed to go at the time as they were big players not pulling there weight.

leroy is 1m player 1 season wonder and has not scored alot of goals for reading recently so is the right price remember he can be a lazy sod at times.

anyansahh had two good games so unproven 100k good price.

aaron brown well surname sums him up but in the s word four letters glad he went.

hill should have gone for more but clause in his contract stopped us getting more.

rosenior well we have all heard the stories again a good half season as a defender with fulham but unproven, potenial but lets see.

as far as i am concerned all good business at times when it was needed most.

Archived