IGNORED

Dave Cotterill Watch! Thats Our Dave Alright

brady bunch

I know, I know hes one for the future, BUT he will only have a future when he learns to look up and pass occasionally. I still think Murray should start with dave C on in the last 15 minutes against tired legs.

75 - Dave's first touch as he receives the ball inside the opposition half, but he quickly loses possession.

79 - Dave latches on to the ball following Danny Gabbidon's run. He continues down the right wing, taking the ball to the bye-line before seeing his cross cleared.

81 - Dave picks up the ball on the left this time, beats one man before running out of room.

86 - The City youngster moves closer to striker John Hartson, but soon concedes a free kick.

88 - His final touch of the game. Receiving the ball ten yards from the Azeri penalty area, Dave runs at the defence, beats one man before being dispossessed by a sliding challenge.

Just to add that the commentators were saying some positive things about him too, eg 'nice touch from coterill' etc.

They couldn't believe that he was making his full Wales cap as a 17 year old 'who has only played about 25 games for his club, Bristol City'.

To me he was natrually trying really hard but most of the wales team had settled for their 2-0 win by then and slowed the game right down and weren't pressing forward. He didn't get much service so wasn't seen at his best, not his fault.

Just to add that the commentators were saying some positive things about him too, eg 'nice touch from coterill' etc.

They couldn't believe that he was making his full Wales cap as a 17 year old 'who has only played about 25 games for his club, Bristol City'.

To me he was natrually trying really hard but most of the wales team had settled for their 2-0 win by then and slowed the game right down and weren't pressing forward. He didn't get much service so wasn't seen at his best, not his fault.

You're right RedM. I was at the game last night and Dave was constantly running around looking to receive the ball but generally not getting it as Wales had settled for the 2-0 win. When he did get it he tried to inject some pace and urgency by running at the defenders. The state of the game made it difficult for him to make an impression.

Highlight for me was when he was warming up alongside Earnshaw and Toshack had decided he was going to make a substitution. Toshack shouted over to Cotterill to come back to the dugout and Dave assumed he meant Earnshaw. Earnshaw didn't look too happy that it was Cotterill who got the nod to come on. :laugh:

Guest hairyshamrock

I know, I know hes one for the future, BUT he will only have a future when he learns to look up and pass occasionally. I still think Murray should start with dave C on in the last 15 minutes against tired legs.

How will he learn to attack full strength defenses if he comes on in the last 15 mins?

I think the lad should be congratulated, no matter how he played. He's got more international caps than you or i so lets just be pleased he's getting recognition for being such a raw talent. He's now working with 2 good managers who will teach him how to give away possession less.

He is 17 for God's sake. Did you never make any mistakes as a 17 year old doing whatever you do?

He can't be that bad a player if he has represented his country as a full international at that age.

Rather than focus on the negatives we should concentrate on the positive aspects of his game as well as the fact that as a City player he is also a valuable asset.

He is probably on Cloud 9 at the moment. Not only getting on as sub but also going into the record books in the process. It was a nice that he replaced the player whose name he has also replaced as being the youngest ever Welsh international.

Archived