IGNORED

Players Why Do They Drink In City Centre

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Why do city players go for the city centre for a drink,its bound to cause trouble with rovers fans and a like,why not go to another town for a drink where there not known that way even if they do have to many which they should not do,there not seen by anyone.

Why do city players go for the city centre for a drink,its bound to cause trouble with rovers fans and a like,why not go to another town for a drink where there not known that way evev if they do have to many which they sould not do,there not seen by anyone.

Because they are gormless morons who revel in the notoriety of being a big fish in a small pond?

Just guessing like.

Guest Cadburyheath Red

Why do city players go for the city centre for a drink,its bound to cause trouble with rovers fans and a like,why not go to another town for a drink where there not known that way even if they do have to many which they should not do,there not seen by anyone.

Why should they drink elsewhere? If they were sensible & kept out of of trouble it wouldnt be a problem would it?

If you're in the public eye you have to be sensible, and if you're a sportsman even more so. If I played footy at that level (and presumably had ambition to play at a higher level) I would be well aware of where I should and shouldn't go. I'm not in the public eye and I know that in certain clubs there's always the chance of a fight or other trouble. No City players should go to clubs like that. If a City player goes to a safer club then he should still be careful about how much he drinks because getting wasted could get you into trouble whether you want to or not. If they really feel that they need to get drunk then the safest bet is to chill in a pub, preferably one that they know well.

My point is that they should strive for a sensible balance - a small sacrafice considering the benefits of their enviable positions.

If you're in the public eye you have to be sensible, and if you're a sportsman even more so. If I played footy at that level (and presumably had ambition to play at a higher level) I would be well aware of where I should and shouldn't go. I'm not in the public eye and I know that in certain clubs there's always the chance of a fight or other trouble. No City players should go to clubs like that. If a City player goes to a safer club then he should still be careful about how much he drinks because getting wasted could get you into trouble whether you want to or not. If they really feel that they need to get drunk then the safest bet is to chill in a pub, preferably one that they know well.

My point is that they should strive for a sensible balance - a small sacrafice considering the benefits of their enviable positions.

some take the talent for granted. if was in there shoes i would be so proud i wouldnt want to ruin it

Why are they out drinking on a weekday night anyway, pro footballers on the money there on should only at most have a few pints now and again during a football season, when they should be at there fittest. They should be resting for training the next day

Guest Cadburyheath Red

Why are they out drinking on a weekday night anyway, pro footballers on the money there on should only at most have a few pints now and again during a football season, when they should be at there fittest. They should be resting for training the next day

I would imagine theyre out drinking on a week night because they work on a saturday. I agree that they should do it in moderation though & not get nicked in the process.

Guest scrumpy dare

I would imagine theyre out drinking on a week night because they work on a saturday. I agree that they should do it in moderation though & not get nicked in the process.

bit hard thow i guess if there is drunk gasheads about and angry city fans.

GJ may decide to go down the route which Fergie took and have a network of informants around town who will let him know when "players" are in places they shouldn't be.

Then either the following day, they get fined / dropped whatever, or on that night said premises may get a visit from an angry BCFC manager.

If he wants to get rid of any drinking culture, its going to have to be by doing something like that.

Archived