IGNORED

Orr, Partridge, Brown

NickJ

Actually, I don't.

But, now that I have your attention, can I just say, that is the point - because, correct me if I am wrong, but nor does anyone else on here.

I've read through a lot of the stuff thats been said, and to be frank most of it - IMHO - is bs.

How can 18-25 year old lads be expected NOT to go out to nightclubs?

They have a life to lead just like everyone else. They may be overpaid - but that is a separate issue.

The only facts, so far as I can see on here so far, is that the three of them were in a night club on Wednesday night. Wednesday. Not Thursday. Not Friday. We don't even KNOW if they were drinking, let alone excessively.

In my view the fact they were out on a Wednesday actually demonstrates a degree of resonsibility. What happened once they were out may or may not be a different story, the truth no doubt will emerge eventually.

Let's be blunt about it, what do lads of their age want to do? I'd venture a guess that pulling women - sorry, ladies - comes pretty high up on the list of priorities. Where are they to find pretty gals? We've all been there, so to speak. A club in the center of Bristol is as good a place as any to start - in fact most would agree that for a certain type of lad hoping to attract a certain type of lass - again, sorry ladies - it is the place to start.

So, all the sanctimonious types on here who have said they shouldnt even be out in the first place, what do you think? Would you deny them the right to behave like other lads of their age?

I will make it clear, I am NOT condoning loutish behaviour and/or excessive drinking, particularly among professional footballers who owe us, the fans as their sponsors, their very best efforts. I just think that too many have jumped to conclusions and/or fail to understand that footballers have a right to enjoy the same things as their peers - and yes, that does include behaving a bit irresponsibly at times, it's all part of growing up.

Most have agreed that these 3 lads have given their all for the club these past few games, that to me is more important than off-pitch transgressions.

Right, I'll get my flak jacket and helmet.......

Agreed with you.

Though 2 points!

1st - What where they doing in Romeo Browns!!!!! it's always full of w@@@kers!

2nd - Parto is a married man!

Right.......I'm off now to Romeo Brown to go dancing whilst holding my pint of Stella! I dare them to move me!!!

Agree with your points.

But, I have seen some stuff on other sites where the sort of sources I am talking about are not full of kak and do speak to the people who will know 100% what has happened.

The players alledgedly were a little tad naughty (to say the least). That is all I am prepared to say.

Actually, I don't.

But, now that I have your attention, can I just say, that is the point - because, correct me if I am wrong, but nor does anyone else on here.

I've read through a lot of the stuff thats been said, and to be frank most of it - IMHO - is bs.

They have a life to lead just like everyone else. They may be overpaid - but that is a separate issue.

The only facts, so far as I can see on here so far, is that the three of them were in a night club on Wednesday night. Wednesday. Not Thursday. Not Friday. We don't even KNOW if they were drinking, let alone excessively.

In my view the fact they were out on a Wednesday actually demonstrates a degree of resonsibility. What happened once they were out may or may not be a different story, the truth no doubt will emerge eventually.

Let's be blunt about it, what do lads of their age want to do? I'd venture a guess that pulling women - sorry, ladies - comes pretty high up on the list of priorities. Where are they to find pretty gals? We've all been there, so to speak. A club in the center of Bristol is as good a place as any to start - in fact most would agree that for a certain type of lad hoping to attract a certain type of lass - again, sorry ladies - it is the place to start.

So, all the sanctimonious types on here who have said they shouldnt even be out in the first place, what do you think? Would you deny them the right to behave like other lads of their age?

I will make it clear, I am NOT condoning loutish behaviour and/or excessive drinking, particularly among professional footballers who owe us, the fans as their sponsors, their very best efforts. I just think that too many have jumped to conclusions and/or fail to understand that footballers have a right to enjoy the same things as their peers - and yes, that does include behaving a bit irresponsibly at times, it's all part of growing up.

Most have agreed that these 3 lads have given their all for the club these past few games, that to me is more important than off-pitch transgressions.

When I was a younger fella, tramping the streets of Bristol, falling out of nightclubs and having a bloody good time when I was at it, I didn't profess to be a Profesional Athlete when I sobered up! Also they were fined 2 weeks wages. I'm not sure they could have been fined any more under PFA rules - which suggests that the three weren't just cycling home late after a bit of Choir Practice

I'm younger than Partridge. If someone said "here's 3 grand a week, don't go near any nightclubs from August to April" I'd snap their arm off.

That being said, noone's said they're not allowed to within reason and not just before a game. I think getting nicked for violent disorder is bit much myself.

It's always possible to see that sort of trouble brewing and people with so much to lose should just bugger off and go somewhere else.

Nibor

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

I'm younger than Partridge. If someone said "here's 3 grand a week, don't go near any nightclubs from August to April" I'd snap their arm off.

That being said, noone's said they're not allowed to within reason and not just before a game. I think getting nicked for violent disorder is bit much myself.

It's always possible to see that sort of trouble brewing and people with so much to lose should just bugger off and go somewhere else.

Nibor

exactly

Do you mean that they were 'given a degree of responsibility' as going out doesn't demonstrate responsibility. What demonstartes responsibility is not getting in trouble in nightclubs/nights out.

Some people are missing a very important point in my opinion. It is called Employment Law. A football club or any other orgainsation cannot fine three of it's Employees the maximum amount of money and place them on a "Final Warning" without having sufficient grounds to do so. You are not allowed to be vindictive and punish people with un-necessary force just to teach other Employees a lesson. Clearly, whether people like it or not, the three players concerned have blatantly and seriously breached club rules to such an extent that the maximum punishment was immediately levied by the club.

Whether the three are charged by the police or found guilty in a court of law is a side issue. The club know what went on and have inflicted very serious punishment therefore it can be safely assumed that something serious went on and these lads have let the club, it's paying supporters and benefactors on the board down, big time. The only way this would not be the case would be if the Club as Employer was totally incompetent and punished them without sufficient grounds - very unlikely I would have thought.

Whether you agree with the club rules or not is irrelevant because what the three have done is shown a large amount of disrespect to a new manager who is only three weeks into the job. These boys better get their heads down because I am pretty sure that if they want to make something of it with Johnson, there will only be one winner.

Agreed with you.

Though 2 points!

1st - What where they doing in Romeo Browns!!!!! it's always full of w@@@kers!

2nd - Parto is a married man!

Right.......I'm off now to Romeo Brown to go dancing whilst holding my pint of Stella! I dare them to move me!!!

1)If this were the case ..... self explanatory, birds of a feather flock together?

2) I wonder what his wife might have to say about this?

the point to all this is not them going to a night club it is how they behave

once they are there, and that is the problem.

I'd be gutted if I brought shame on my my employer due to my privatel life and subsequently dragged them through the mud because of my behaviour .........where has self-respect gone ?

Okay, I know that they as 'Superstar' division three players maybe a target but from the sounds of it..... the stupid arses should know better........ maybe our club needs a duty of care to be spelt out to our players..... yes, the players should know better but it could happen to most of us..............?

And we might not be in the lime light but most of us would avoid drawing our employers into the ruck?

Is it a failing of our club to not make a bigger issue out of how to respond under certain instances?

And to point out that players will encounter these things in the big wide world where they might not be considered so special or be targeted?

Actually, I don't.

:laugh::laugh:

Do you mean that they were 'given a degree of responsibility' as going out doesn't demonstrate responsibility. What demonstartes responsibility is not getting in trouble in nightclubs/nights out.

75% of the time.. trouble in town is a cause of other people looking for it and people being there at the rong place rong time..

Glad NickJ offered to get his flak jacket. I remain amazed at the excuses for these three on this forum by the apologists. They're between 18 and 25 so they can't help but go to night clubs and have a few? They should choose not to be footballers then. It was only Tuesday/Wednesday? So what - how well do you think they would have trained the next day. No matter though, as long as it wasn't Friday that's OK. Some of you surprise me. No wonder we're under achieveing. Thes epeople don't even wnat to be the best players they can be. They don't give a stuff. Can it be that hard to find 22 reasonably good players who take their athleticism seriously ?

75% of the time.. trouble in town is a cause of other people looking for it and people being there at the rong place rong time..

I won't accept that. We have heard, from the source at the Evening Post, that our players were the culprits. Yes, other people go looking for fights, but that doesn't mean you have to fight back. Somtimes it is unaviodable but I wouldn't say 75% of the time that is the case. Not sure where you get that figure from.

I won't accept that. We have heard, from the source at the Evening Post, that our players were the culprits. Yes, other people go looking for fights, but that doesn't mean you have to fight back. Somtimes it is unaviodable but I wouldn't say 75% of the time that is the case. Not sure where you get that figure from.

He made it up. He's only just turned 18 but suddenly has statistics on how and why trouble starts in town centres.

Military personnel of similar ages, get busted if they misbehave in a similar fashion. End of. And rightly so.

Why DO youngsters think that getting fightin drunk, wrecking things etc etc, is "acceptable", and that they SHOULDNT get punished for misbehaving?? If you start an unprovoked fight, some other poor barsteward cops for it. Other people are out too, and don't want a kicking- strange concept to some its called RESPECT, for others, for yourself, for your friends, your family.

Also, alcohol, wonderful stuff, in moderation, beleive me having alcoholics around SURE AINT FUN!!!..........and one alcoholic started, back in the day doing this sort of thing, and progressed to family punchbagging. Not big and definitely not clever.

I actually disagree with what you say about them being expected to do what a 'normal' person there age would do...

They are professional sportsmen so shouldn't be out till the early hours of the morning at all in the week before a game. You & I might go out a few nights before a big presentation or meeting but we're not expected to perform at physically 100% to earn our wages are we?

I used to go out the night before an important meeting for example and be (I tried to say a naughty word)'d the next day so I do understand it but when I was doing that I was acting in an unprofessional way and eventualy got fired..

I'm not saying they should all act like nuns but I'm assuming they don't complain when getting paid extremely well to do a job most of us would sacrifice body parts to do so they should accept the responsibility that goes with that as well IMO.

In this case I don't see Scott Brown or Bradley Orr as 'bad eggs' and am sure this will be an isolated incident with these guys but to just say 'boys will be boys' doesn't cut it I'm afraid...

1)If this were the case ..... self explanatory, birds of a feather flock together?

2) I wonder what his wife might have to say about this?

perhaps she was with him. perhaps they were provoked to such a degree that it would have taken a very strong willed person to walk away, perhaps they couldn't walk away, perhaps it was all in self defence. do we really know the answers? i doubt it and i doubt we ever will except to await the verdict.

Archived