IGNORED

Why Are Wigan 2nd In The Premiership , ?

Guest dogwood

Guest dogwood

3 years ago we lost 1:0 to wigan at ashton gate , in the league, now they are 2nd in the premiership , we are 3rd from bottom of div1 i wonder why , ? can,t be all bad management . :@ :grr:

No most of it is down to bad management in the boardroom and from the side of the pitch. If you remember that match all Wigan players ran thier socks of for the team. They have been the best TEAM i hyave seen in the lower leagues for a long time. I am pleased for them for the next few hours they are 2nd in one of the top leagues in the world. :englandsmile4wf:

Guest dogwood

No most of it is down to bad management in the boardroom and from the side of the pitch. If you remember that match all Wigan players ran thier socks of for the team. They have been the best TEAM i hyave seen in the lower leagues for a long time. I am pleased for them for the next few hours they are 2nd in one of the top leagues in the world. :englandsmile4wf:

yes i agree they have done well, played great again today i am pleased for them too , they deserve it , just wondered why we stay where we are , year after year , looks like luton could be the next TEAM , to succeed , yet we amble around, managers in /out , players in/out, but the team stays put , tedious or what . :Sleep12:

And there was me thinking it was Dave Wheelan pouring millions and millions into the club so they could buy all the quality players they wanted...? :disapointed2se:

Agreed. That is the major reason why Wigan Athletic are 2nd in the League.

Wasn't Tony Dinning a "trouble" player for them? They sent him out on loan... Then they managed to offload the guy.

Sorry to interupt this love-in for Wigan but they were one of the most poorly supported teams in the old division 3 - with possibly the worst ground i've ever been too.

Just exactly why should we admire the fact that they have been lucky enough to have a very wealthy benefactor - the only reason they are in the Premiership?

Why not save your admiration for battling teams with little money - like Yeovil, Crewe or even WsM - all over-achieving - not those pie-eating fly-by-nights who are famous for taking talcum powder clubbing?

:farmer:

Guest dogwood

And there was me thinking it was Dave Wheelan pouring millions and millions into the club so they could buy all the quality players they wanted...? :disapointed2se:

have,nt heard of any BIG BIG names at wigan yet , OR millions being poured in to luton town , yet they are rising well too . Wigan manager , doe,snt agree with you mate . he said after the match , ITS ALL TO DO WITH TEAMWORK , ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL . NOBODY IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM . seem,s like a sound manager, and SOUND players to me , not a multi millionare , players who work for the TEAM . :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Sorry to interupt this love-in for Wigan but they were one of the most poorly supported teams in the old division 3 - with possibly the worst ground i've ever been too.

Just exactly why should we admire the fact that they have been lucky enough to have a very wealthy benefactor - the only reason they are in the Premiership?

Why not save your admiration for battling teams with little money - like Yeovil, Crewe or even WsM - all over-achieving - not those pie-eating fly-by-nights who are famous for taking talcum powder clubbing?

sounds like you need to grow up mate , the point is yes yeovil have done well too from conference , to a place in div 1, ABOVE us , you lose your point fella, we are on about teams that are surpassing bristol city , whether they have money or not, :disapointed2se::rofl2br:

Guest dogwood

Do you work at JJB?

:ph34r:

seeing as you have only supported city for 10 years , i think i better take into account you age , obvoiusly can,t reply without sarcasm :disapointed2se::rofl2br: , i think i can post a point i wish to make , without crap from you , and like i say , paul jewell , seem,s to think its teamwork thats the reason for success , something we don,t have , talk about football , not sarcasm and stupid comments about , working at wigan , , grow up fella .

Spat your dummy dogwood? :laugh:

If you can't see that i'm using humour to make a valid point about money in football then that's a bit of a shame... I must remember not to be too subtle if i communicate with you in the future!

I also didn't realise I had to have supported City for a certain amount of time before my viewpoint became valid - i must also remember to bow to older and obviously wiser men such as yourself.

One last thing mate, do you prefer scented or non-scented talcum powder? :w00t:

Guest dogwood

Spat your dummy dogwood? :laugh:

If you can't see that i'm using humour to make a valid point about money in football then that's a bit of a shame... I must remember not to be too subtle if i communicate with you in the future!

I also didn't realise I had to have supported City for a certain amount of time before my viewpoint became valid - i must also remember to bow to older and obviously wiser men such as yourself.

One last thing mate, do you prefer scented or non-scented talcum powder? :w00t:

humour, ???????????:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: , you have a high opinion of yourself fella, if you read you replys their all , sarcasm , you don,t talk about football , or reply to comments i made , just childish comments about talcum powder , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: , that,s the comments of an adult, ????? :rofl2br::rofl2br: , again my point regarding how long you have supported city , refers, to the inteligence level of your replys, not the validity of your viewpoint on scented or un , scented talcum powder, , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

humour, ???????????:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: , you have a high opinion of yourself fella, if you read you replys their all , sarcasm , you don,t talk about football , or reply to comments i made , just childish comments about talcum powder , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: , that,s the comments of an adult, ????? :rofl2br::rofl2br: , again my point regarding how long you have supported city , refers, to the inteligence level of your replys, not the validity of your viewpoint on scented or un , scented talcum powder, , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Just want to point out that this --> ' is an apostrophe, and that this --> , is a comma.

Please learn how to use each.

Thank you.

Guest dogwood

Apologies for not posting sensible comments - a bit of a laugh would be a terrible thing - but i'm glad you mentioned intelligence. Here's a quick quiz for you:

2005 - 1985

Is the answer:

a) 10 years, or

b) 20 years?

P.S. I think it's lilac scented...

took you a long time to come back on that one :chant6ez::rofl2br: , still no football comments, :doh: , still obviously you know more about talcum powder , than football, strange guy , enjoy your rusks and feed bottle in the morning , :rofl2br: .

Why would i want to discuss football with someone that's just said the fact we weren't in the Premiership "tedious"?

I've never found watching City tedious - its always a laugh, sometimes frustrating, sometimes exillerating - but never tedious.

I personally don't want to be in the Premiership - sterile stadia (like the JJB where you work), huge ticket prices - no thanks. I'd rather we did well enough in the Championship where we could still have a laugh and play some decent teams.

Guest dogwood

Why would i want to discuss football with someone that's just said the fact we weren't in the Premiership "tedious"?

I've never found watching City tedious - its always a laugh, sometimes frustrating, sometimes exillerating - but never tedious.

I personally don't want to be in the Premiership - sterile stadia (like the JJB where you work), huge ticket prices - no thanks. I'd rather we did well enough in the Championship where we could still have a laugh and play some decent teams.

well fair enough, that your idea of looking forward ?, and don,t want the team to move up , ? thank goodness, you aint running the club , :doh::doh: . just want to be an average side in the championship , ? wow thats , exciting. seem,s you can,t talk about football, but can twist words quite well, , good for you , thats a start . so theres no decent teams in the premiership , ? hell fella , what planet do you come from , and if you aint seen a tedious match involving bristol city ever , then you aint ever watched em . a football fan that DOES,NT want his side to get in the premiership , strange guy , bet your there at the gate if they ever did though , :rofl2br::rofl2br:

Hey - i want the team to move up - of course i do. I just don't think that getting to the Premiership should be seen as the Holy Grail. I'd be happy if we played good football, in a decent division (i.e. not this one) against better supported clubs than we see at the moment.

I know he's as mad as a ferret and done some dodgy things in his time - but see Stan Collymore's comments in today's paper - happiest memory ever in his career was helping Southend up. He says the passion and atmosphere in the lower leagues far outweighs the Premiership.

I mostly see City away, as i now live up North - (not near Wigan though so don't get too excited about meeting up with me in some talc chocked Northern Soul nightclub) and it is always a laugh. But that might also be because my mates are a laugh and all have a decent sense of humour - a pre-requisite for watching City i'd say. Perhaps you should try it fella?

:handbags:

Guest C.T.I.D

Agreed. That is the major reason why Wigan Athletic are 2nd in the League.

Wasn't Tony Dinning a "trouble" player for them? They sent him out on loan... Then they managed to offload the guy.

don't go there richy :razz:

dogwood is making one very important point, one on which I have agreed with him in his postings all week, If we had a squad of players who were genuinely proud to be in this club (a whole squad not just some of them) and who all wanted to be the best players and best athletes they could be for this club we might win some of the matches we've drawn or lost. Given the narrow margin we missed promotion twice maybe the binge drinking and fag smoking could have been in some way responsible.

In this Division we may not have a rich benefactor but our attendances alone give us the opportunity to buy a quality not open to many clubs- including Wigan a few years ago, who indeed did have one of the worst grounds because they were once a non-league team.

We bought a Welsh international who clearly doesn't care too much about being the best footballer he can be and nor does he care too much about the quality of his training the next day. Irrespective of who did what on the night, and where the provocation came from, this seems to be irrefutable. Happily there is one person I feel I can trust to sort it out and I think I will be able to respect his judgement on the matter becuase I reckon he knows what he's doing. We appear to have a quality manager

Archived