IGNORED

Clayton Fortune

richwwtk

Hopefully Clayton will have shut up a lot of the people that deem him no good yesterday with a solid defensive display after he came on. The guy is a decent footballer and doesn't deserve the abuse that seems to get heaped onto him on here.

I also presume that his presence on the bench means that GJ rates him above Keogh, or was Keogh missing for other reasons?

Hopefully Clayton will have shut up a lot of the people that deem him no good yesterday with a solid defensive display after he came on. The guy is a decent footballer and doesn't deserve the abuse that seems to get heaped onto him on here.

I also presume that his presence on the bench means that GJ rates him above Keogh, or was Keogh missing for other reasons?

Yeah, he wasnt bad. Look fairly solid. I wouldnt put him on the bench ahead of Keogh though. And whilst Kelly and Osei are here he wont get a starting place unless they get injured and then we have Heywood and Parto plus Keogh and Orr, bench at best for Clayton me thinks.

I agree, but I know that there are many on here who won't, no matter how he plays.

I hope you've got your tin helmet on!!!

Guest The Traveller

he was only ok no more. before you say it redtucks i am against having fortune in the side. gary cannot rate him that highly, if he did he would not have signed youga. to all you fortune fans be honest would you play him before if all the players are fit heywood, partridge, sankofa, keogh and youga. you know my answer NO.

People should get off his case. He is a reasonable League1 defender, not John Terry, and shock horror he makes errors. The groans that were heard when he was announced as a sub were unhelpful, and will only further knock his confidence.

Support the players, give them some encouragement, and who knows they may raise their game.

:pray:

Come on mate he is not a league 1 defender, more like a conference player. if you can find a team that would want him.

Whilst I wouldn't pick him in a first choice eleven he certainly has the ability to be way better than conference standard. It now needs someone to give him the attitude to go with the ability, and the fact that GJ picked him for the bench ahead of Keogh suggests he's confident that he can do that. Certainly no groans from me when his name is read out, more than happy for him to be on the bench or fill in when we have players missing.

Whilst I wouldn't pick him in a first choice eleven he certainly has the ability to be way better than conference standard. It now needs someone to give him the attitude to go with the ability, and the fact that GJ picked him for the bench ahead of Keogh suggests he's confident that he can do that. Certainly no groans from me when his name is read out, more than happy for him to be on the bench or fill in when we have players missing.

Good point, i don't doubt his football ability, he just needs to think more hes not a very decisive player, but with GJ looking after him i have hopes he could deliver what he has promised.

Fortune looked solid enough and credit to him, however he still needs to work on his awareness, looks lost somtimes and not good if your centre half

Guest The Traveller

like i said only ok. he was out jumped 3 times for headers by men a lot smaller than him. greenacre and delroy facey it should never happen. sorry not good enough. he also looks like he is a yard of the pace. people on here say i moan about him to much these people are right but it is only how i see it.

like i said only ok. he was out jumped 3 times for headers by men a lot smaller than him. greenacre and delroy facey it should never happen. sorry not good enough. he also looks like he is a yard of the pace. people on here say i moan about him to much these people are right but it is only how i see it.

I didn't think he was much use. Looked as uncomfortbale as usual. Will always get people that support him despite the performances not being good enough. Don't get me wrong, I'll support him when's he is on the pitch but I'm afraid he doesn't inspire any confidence in the defence and isn't good enough for me. Central midfield maybe, but centre back- no.

I thought he gave a fairly typical Fortune performance, if I say more than that I'll be accused of slating him!

It was unfortunate Kelly went off injured as I thought he offered a bit more than Fortune, in spite of having only met his team mates (bar 1) only a day or 2 before, compared with Clayton who has been here a long time now. He looked awkward and uncomfortable, but he always looks like that so maybe that's just how he plays? :dunno: Made me feel awkward and uncomfottable too!

I hope keogh will be groomed to be the replacement defender in future.

Guest harveythompson

Well said, I never doubted him

I don't understand why Keogh doesn't seem to get a chance in that position.

I agree Fortune is no more than cover for centre back. However, I would love to see him played as the holding Midfielder in the reserves to check if that is his unique position. I still think we are short of this type of player, and Ledley King for England demonstrated how someone taking up this role can enable the rest of the team to play - in the same way that many teams fail to tick without this type of player (Man U Keane, Arsenal Vieira, Liverpool Hamann, Chelsea/Real Madrid Makelele etc)

He was reasonable, but he was losing headers to people alot shorter than him. He is tall for a reason ;)

Of course he's tall for a reason - it's so the bottom of his trousers don't drag along the ground.

Guest redphilc

Well Preston were prepared to pay £300k for the Conference player, and I believe that Craig Brown is far better placed to judge the player than me.

I reckon they really wanted Matt Hill and couldn't believe their luck when they snapped him up for just £100k!

Archived