IGNORED

Canvassing Opinions

Jimmy

don't know if people can remember but i used to spend boringly long amounts of time reminding people that i conducted a poll on here at the start of the season, asking if DW should get the boot if we didnt get promoted this season.

The generaly concensus was a resounding - NO!

I havent been on the forum for a while as i recently started university, and as you can imagine, being a student, I'm rushed off my feet :P . But when i left (around a month ago) the team appeared to be perfroming acceptably and a mini uprising of anti-DW feeling seemed to have been quelled.

However since then the team has stuttered and stumbled and there appears to be more 'DW out' feeling than ever before.

I still think he is the best, plausible, man for the job and we WILL achieve things this season. Admitidly performances and results havent been the best they could have been, or perhaps more importantly they havent been what most fans would deem acceptable - but i still have faith that we have the set-up in place to mount a serious promotion challenge, even to the extent of automatic promotion.

How many people on here could have predicted that being top at Christmas a few seasons ago, would end in an agonising 7th place?

Or that we would go on a 16(?) game unbeaten run that would thrust us up from mid table obscurity to promotion contenders?

I'm still very much in the DW stay brigade, he's obviously (presumibly) not going to be sacked as the club cannot afford it. Steve Lansdown is clearly happy with the managers performance, or a 3 year contract would not have been tabled during the summer.

So unless he walks away to join a club in a higher division were stuck with each other, so any exagerated anti DW sentiment is merely unsettling to the club and team - basically it does nobody any favours!

I'm not for one moment suggesting people should not voice their opinions about the managerial situation, but posts on the SteveL forum suggesting, or even demanding that DW leave the club are as pointless as they are influential.

Whilst giving my opinion I'm also asking what appears to now be fact;

Do you people really think that its in the clubs best interests to oust DW?

Archived