IGNORED

What Might Have Been...........

BS4 on Tour...

I know it's stupid to look back, but I think the defeat against Brighton in Cardiff has set us back about 5 years. If we had won that day we would now be mid-table in the Championship, probably with this team:

Lita Brooker

Cotterill Wilkshire Doherty Rougier

Hill Coles Partridge Carey

Manager: Wilson

Asst Manager: Tinnion

Aaron Brown would probably still be here and Stewart and Bridges would also be part of a strong squad that would have allowed players like Keogh, Skuse and Scott Brown to develop into better players without the pressure of playing in a struggling team.

Just a thought, my selected team will probably cause much hilarity but I can't help thinking how the fine line between success and failure is so cruel in football.

Wilson didn't fail in my opinion - he gave us a couple of very exciting seasons and a couple of visits to Cardiff when we showed how powerful our fan base really is. But a single point denied us the chance to play the team above and look forward to visits to Ashton Gate from the likes of Leeds, Wolves, Sheff Utd etc - games that would fill the stadium with expectancy and excitement and - you never know - we may actually have made some noise at home!

:yawn:

Oh by the way - Phillips would be in goal!

Guest The Codfather 0312

Not in the championship!

Phillips first season for us was in the Championship, Then division one. His first game he kept a clean sheat and we beat Sheffield United 2-0.

Phillips first season for us was in the Championship, Then division one. His first game he kept a clean sheat and we beat Sheffield United 2-0.

I remember. It's pretty irrelevant as he was young and went on to make a lot of mistakes. For me he is pretty average in this league so I'd definately want a new keeper taking on some decent sides.

Guest The Codfather 0312

I remember. It's pretty irrelevant as he was young and went on to make a lot of mistakes. For me he is pretty average in this league so I'd definately want a new keeper taking on some decent sides.

Yes he has made mistakes but then what goalkeeper hasn't? Imho he is the best Goalkeeper in this division and he can and will do A good job for us in the championship. A goal keeper is only as good as his defence.

Yes he has made mistakes but then what goalkeeper hasn't? Imho he is the best Goalkeeper in this division and he can and will do A good job for us in the championship. A goal keeper is only as good as his defence.

I can't be bothered to start thos one off again. Especially with someone who doesn't go much...!

Guest The Codfather 0312

I can't be bothered to start thos one off again. Especially with someone who doesn't go much...!

So what because i don't go much I aint got a say. Grow up.

Rougier?! What is it about him on here?

We miss Brown, Hill and an in form Tommy D.

I'd have Lita, Hill and possibly Coles back. I'm not sure what the fascination with bringing back A.Brown is. He was a one good game in five man, and has been injured up until recently Went on loan to Cheltenham and haven't heard what has happened since.

So what because i don't go much I aint got a say. Grow up.

Take a joke.

Lita Brooker

Cotterill Wilkshire Doherty Rougier

Hill Coles Partridge Carey

That team would be anahilated in the championship. Look at that back four!!

Rougier and Cotterill are both RIGHT wingers, yet you have them on opposing sides?

Also, Partridge and Brooker were Tinnion signings, and never would have signed for us if we'd gone up.

I reckon Stewart would have signed for us a year earlier, if we'd gone up that year and Doherty, Lita Hill and Coles would certainly still be here. Either way we'd certainly doing better than that tin pot Brighton outfit who are rock bottom of the championship. (I wonder where that Brighton troll who sometimes come on here, has been at recently???) :whistle:

Rougier and Cotterill are both RIGHT wingers, yet you have them on opposing sides?

Also, Partridge and Brooker were Tinnion signings, and never would have signed for us if we'd gone up.

I reckon Stewart would have signed for us a year earlier, if we'd gone up that year and Doherty, Lita Hill and Coles would certainly still be here. Either way we'd certainly doing better than that tin pot Brighton outfit who are rock bottom of the championship. (I wonder where that Brighton troll who sometimes come on here, has been at recently???) :whistle:

If that's me, hello! :D

We may be bottom but it's great to be here and I think we can stay up again - it's always going to be a struggle when you're restricted to playing at Withdean though (Falmer decision by the end of the month).

I remain reasonably optimistic, we've been poor in our last two games, two home defeats but Norwich and Cardiff are decent sides in decent form. Before this though we had been playing brilliant attacking football and looking really really good. Wether we can recover that level of performance or be forced into changing to a more defence style we'll wait and see - two hard away games approaching - Scum and Wednesday and then Ipswich at home.

Bring on Tuesday - pay back time :pray:

He probably means me. I'm still too busy celebrating the win at Palace. Expect the Falmer yes decision to be announced on Monday or Tuesday next week so the celebrations will go on. :D

Rock bottom? Don't think so mate. :dance:

Archived