IGNORED

Players Needed

Bristol Boy

Having looked at the team and our squad, we have a problem.

We don't, in the opinion of many, have the wing backs to play 3-5-2.

However, neither do we have the wide players/wingers, call them what you will, to play 4-4-2.

Orr & Woodman could play as the wing backs.............but they're not really wing backs and Orr is still very much learning his trade as a full back.

Woodman is fine for me defensively and, at least, trys to get forward, I'll admit, to no great effect, as a full back.

Fortune can play LB, but he's no wing back and Golbourne's probably the most likely wing back, but lacks the strength at 17 to defend well enough, week in, week out

Murray & Cotterill add nothing to the side, at present.Both can be categorised as N.E.P............NO END PRODUCT.

Russell may add the much needed creativity to midfield and actually get the ball to our wingers & strikers, in front of them in key areas.I'm told he's back in full training as of last week.

Up front we have no one to replace Brooker when he's injured or off form and we don't have anyone with decent pace & strength to play alongside him.

Stewart & Bridges are clever, but not quick and Bridges is well short of match fitness.

Gillespie seems to be struggling for fitness and looks to me like he would benefit from another month or two on loan.

Madjo looked promising at Brentford, but lacking in his two brief home appearances.

When Heywood & Partridge are fit, I think the defence is OK.

Although. if Sako stays, I wouldn't mind seeing him sweep behind the two of them in a three man central defence.Youga could be the LWB :dunno: Long term it's Keogh-Partridge-Heywood if we go 3-5-2.

Come January, I can see 3/4 out at least and, I hope 3/4 in.

I've faith in Johno to bring in the right players and the lack of "winners" in our team would concern me, as much as the ability & fitness level of some of them.

Out.

Carey.

Smith J.

Murray.

In.

Wide Left-Wing Back or Winger.

Wide Right-Wing Back or Winger.

Strong Pacy Forward.

If the players can be brought in on loan, quicker, then all well and good.

Question marks have to hang over Grant Smith if he's not given a try in central midfield and Russell, if we don't see him playing quite soon.

Heywood looks injury prone, at present, but let's see how soon he's back.

Archived