IGNORED

Oldham Pub

Guest S_M_U_D_G_E

Anyone know a good pub to meet in around Oldham FC this Saturday (without getting a kicking)?

:yawn:

No, Oldham is a hole, the worst place i have ever visited. The place stinks and as you walk round you can feel a a film of filth coating you.

I remember drinking in a socail club just down form the local police station last time i was there, it was cheap but a complete sh!t hole, just like Oldham.

Anyone know a good pub to meet in around Oldham FC this Saturday (without getting a kicking)?

:yawn:

There's numerous pubs within a close proximatey and the general 'away fans pub' is the BlueBell, a small friendly little place which welcome's children and has a play area for them. It's just out of the Car Park and right and across the road - real close.

Also there is a few other pubs at the top of sheepfoot lane (The big road the opposite side of the big car park), if you walk up that hill and turn right you'll see the Old Grey Mare but the BlueBell is best

Hope this helps :farmer:

No, Oldham is a hole, the worst place i have ever visited. The place stinks and as you walk round you can feel a a film of filth coating you.

I remember drinking in a socail club just down form the local police station last time i was there, it was cheap but a complete sh!t hole, just like Oldham.

You ought to work for the tourist board. Your description is so descriptive and heartfelt is is almost worth visiting to see if it is really that bad !!! I won't be going but would love to hear from anyone if it really is that grim!

You ought to work for the tourist board. Your description is so descriptive and heartfelt is is almost worth visiting to see if it is really that bad !!! I won't be going but would love to hear from anyone if it really is that grim!

His description is pretty accurate. It truly is one of the most grim places Ive ever visited (alongside Doncaster & Bradford).

I haven't even started yet on the boarded up houses, filthy streets and the general stench of death and decay which haunts the place

It horrible, trust me.

I used to work in Oldham and it is pretty grim. Everywhere seems run-down and there are political and racial problems which have seen ugly scenes and riots (albeit a couple of years ago). Night life is not that great either, and more often than not you will see a mass brawl at around 1.30am

Is oldham worse than luton?!?!?!?!!?!?

No!!

I'm going on saturday.. ive been to oldham but not to do with football.. so if there is any pubs about id like to no aswell!

I haven't even started yet on the boarded up houses, filthy streets and the general stench of death and decay which haunts the place

It horrible, trust me.

don't know if its changed much but i can remember it being very grim...we were outside the ground in that massive great car park when we were surrounded by oldham fans....in the distance 2 tote end coaches were just pulling into the car park...out jumped the gasheads and all was well...

as i recall we took thier end as well...

anyway thats just my memories of oldham....way back...I'm not condoning the violence in anyway just giving you the facts..

Guest andy the oldhamer

While I'm lurking... In over 20 years as a fan I have never seen nor heard of any bother directed towards away fans at Boundary Park. I think we had a hooligan fringe consisting of 3 people in the 1960s. The only pub where you might find an dodgy reception is the Queens, but you most likely wouldn't want to go there anyway. Any of the pubs round the ground are fine, the Grey Mare probably gets the most away fans, partly because the Landlord is a City fan.

Parts of Oldham are indeed grim, football fans see the worst of it as the journey from either of the train stations to the ground takes you through the most run down bits (you shouldn't go via the Oldham stations anyway. Bus from Manchester is far more sensible). Sort of like being dropped in the worst bit of St Pauls and forming your opinion of Bristol from that. Lots of it is open and green, honest. The town centre isn't great for a night out though.

Enjoy the day, and the real beer and pies (outside the ground)

Guest DrFaustus

It horrible, trust me.

Ah Bridgwater's northern cousin.

While I'm lurking... In over 20 years as a fan I have never seen nor heard of any bother directed towards away fans at Boundary Park. I think we had a hooligan fringe consisting of 3 people in the 1960s. The only pub where you might find an dodgy reception is the Queens, but you most likely wouldn't want to go there anyway. Any of the pubs round the ground are fine, the Grey Mare probably gets the most away fans, partly because the Landlord is a City fan.

Parts of Oldham are indeed grim, football fans see the worst of it as the journey from either of the train stations to the ground takes you through the most run down bits (you shouldn't go via the Oldham stations anyway. Bus from Manchester is far more sensible). Sort of like being dropped in the worst bit of St Pauls and forming your opinion of Bristol from that. Lots of it is open and green, honest. The town centre isn't great for a night out though.

Enjoy the day, and the real beer and pies (outside the ground)

I presume you mean Man City rather than Bristol City??

Guest andy the oldhamer

I presume you mean Man City rather than Bristol City??

Sorry, I do indeed. I am not aware of any pubs in the Oldham area which are avoided on account of a landlord supporting Bristol City. The Grey Mare was always a popular pub for Oldham fans, indeed I used to see players having a crafty pint in there when I was too young to have been legally doing the same myself. It was made all-Manc Scum when we crushed them 1-0 in the Cup last season though, not good.

If you have specific requirements for a pub best to ask on the Rivals site - as an exile I'm not too up to date. There really isn't any trouble though, we are civilised people unlike our human flesh eating country cousins in Burnley

Archived