IGNORED

Rich Keogh

tin

I came home from the Tranmere game on Saturday wondering what the heck has happened to Richard Keogh? Surely after his last performance, a MOTM performance in my opinion at Forest, he would have been third pick centre-back behind Parto and Heywood and first in line for a first-team recall should anything happen to either of them?! But Johnson brought in the two loanees from Charlton and the the woeful Clayton Fortune ahead of him on Saturday.

I'm not criticising Johnson because he's a legend in my eyes already but has Keogh done something to fall out of favour or is he injured... I dunno :Confused13:

I came home from the Tranmere game on Saturday wondering what the heck has happened to Richard Keogh? Surely after his last performance, a MOTM performance in my opinion at Forest, he would have been third pick centre-back behind Parto and Heywood and first in line for a first-team recall should anything happen to either of them?! But Johnson brought in the two loanees from Charlton and the the woeful Clayton Fortune ahead of him on Saturday.

I'm not criticising Johnson because he's a legend in my eyes already but has Keogh done something to fall out of favour or is he injured... I dunno :Confused13:

When Johnson got in Sankofa he said he did it because he didn't feel Keogh was ready yet, although he did say he had plenty of commitment/enthusiasim. I'm hopeful for Keogh and agree he was one of the better players at Forest- he will get his chance I'm sure.

..... and the the woeful Clayton Fortune ahead of him on Saturday.

Why does this myth persist? The guy is a perfectly decent footballer who (along with everyone else at the club this season) has had a couple of dodgy performances. It would seem to me that the person in the best position to judge is Gary Johnson, and his judgement puts Clayton ahead of Richard Keogh in the pecking order.

This is not a criticism of Keogh as he has also looked quite decent when played. Having fortunately not been at Swansea, I would suggest that the only truly woeful performance in defence so far this season was Dave Partridge on his home debut, something he's more than made up for with his displays since. They've not all been great, but woeful is just a tad over the top.

Fortune is a very poor centre half. Nothing against him personally but he has all the attributes to be a quality player but lacks any conviction which affects his performances. How many times can you say you've seen a 6ft 4" plus centre back rarely win a header. Simply not good enough!

Fortune is a very poor centre half. Nothing against him personally but he has all the attributes to be a quality player but lacks any conviction which affects his performances. How many times can you say you've seen a 6ft 4" plus centre back rarely win a header. Simply not good enough!

He's tall so he has to win everything in the air? He is obviously comfortable with the ball at his feet and prefers to play his football that way. He has never once been touted as a strong aerial presence in defence, I believe that was why Matt Heywood was brought in.

Any lack of conviction is surely something that can be sorted by good coaching and confidence? His confidence is certainly not helped by all the people at Ashton Gate that seem to need someones name to groan at when read out on the teamsheet. I'll never understand what's wrong with just supporting all the players on the day rather than knocking them down before they even get on the pitch.

I could hear people laughing at me when they saw the 16-FORTUNE on the back of my shirt :D

Do you sit in the Dolman, I walked out behind you on saturday? If not, don't worry at least there are 2 of you with that shirt! :laugh:

Archived