IGNORED

Todays Evil Post? Who Has Had Their Last Chance?

Andy082005

Quotes from "Magic" today include

"It taught me a lot about this team and some players will survive and some wont...."

"to many mistakes"

"some of our players cant say they havent had the chance and I'll be on the phone today...."

"I would liked to have given a few of them a bit longerbut you cant go through a campaign giving goals away like that and missing so many chances"

So who do you all think will be out and maybe, who do you think could come in? I'd be very surprised to see Clayton Mis-Fortune pull on the red jersey again, and I think Stewart is odds on for a spell in the reserves soon. Woodman maybe??? prone to making mistakes and doesnt look strong enough at times? Grant Smith....Forest Green on loan beckons :rofl2br:

Players on their way in my opinion have got to be:

Carey - Cos Orr has looked a far better right back

Murray - Because of Cotteril

Woodman - Never rated him have seen no reason to rate him

J Smith - Never Rated

G Smith - Hasnt broke into the squad yet under Johnson and looked poor

Fortune - Cos hes just awfull!!

Guest bristolbred

Marcus Stewart needs a few hours on a treadmill for a start!!, :D

First player to go??...............................................................

Clayton Fortune!!, :chant6ez:

He's played and survived under three Managers now!!

And that's three too many!!, (in my opinion!).

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

Andy, BristolBred and Sirben are probably spot on with regard to player departures. I maintain that Gary Johnson might just get us auto-promotion but margins for error, with regard to optimum team selections, are at an absolute minimum for him. Don't forget, in our last promotion season John Ward's side were also struggling in the bottom half of Div 1 at this stage in the season.

i agree with this..

J Smith - Never Rated

But also gj said about we need a goal sniffer, mabe stewart & bridges

should be looking over their shoulders as they have not really done

sod all yet, stewart have fulfilled his ambition of playing for city and

scoring at the east end part of the ground, other than that he has done

sod all else, apart from doing a tour of the bristol night spots.

i was pleased at first we signed him but after a few games in to this season

i have been very dissaponted in stewarts play, looks like tommy doc all over

again.

Guest citycityman

Perhaps if Johnson tried to support these players and make them into better ones rather than slate them all the time we wouldnt have to get rid of them and get in other rookies from other crap teams in our division

Perhaps if Johnson tried to support these players and make them into better ones rather than slate them all the time we wouldnt have to get rid of them and get in other rookies from other crap teams in our division

Surely these players have had more than long enough?

Its not like they are 18 year olds starting out?

I cant imagine players such as carey smith and murray improving over the next couple of seasons let alone staying at the same sort of performance level??!!

Players on their way in my opinion have got to be:

Carey - Cos Orr has looked a far better right back

Murray - Because of Cotteril

J Smith - Never Rated

G Smith - Hasnt broke into the squad yet under Johnson and looked poor

Wasn't the only appearance Grant Smith has made under Johnson in a reserve game when he scored 2 goals from central midfield?

Perhaps there are other issues (fitness maybe?) that have led to his continued exclusion from the 1st team?

I'm kinda new to this game but from what I understand each player has an individual natural style of play. If a champion player is part of a team whose game plan is not compatible with his natural style/abilities winning results will not be forthcoming. Which raises the question not only of how good he is but also of what his natural game is? But as a professional they should be adaptable................

Carey and Fortune, top of my hit list since last night.

J Smith - Total liability

G Smith - Seems very lazy to me but i havent seen him have a fair run out under Gary so my opinion could yet change.

Woodman - I'm not sure of :dunno:

And on the subject of having a clear out, i asked a Yeovil fan yesterday in the services if we could have Amankwaah back, his reply "**** Off, best player to come out of Bristol"

Maybe Gary could persuade him to venture back to his roots :whistle:

I think the 'last chance' comments relate more to on the pich than off. Whatever the rights on wrongs of Orr and Brown they have hardly ever been questioned about their commitment and effort on the pitch. Brown always gives 100% and Orr especially since moving to defence. I understand Brown was one of the few players who warrented any praise last night?

Because they are so important to the team, but rightly not more important than the team, they are both back in favour again, good call by Gary in how he dealt with them. He knows which other players are also social players and if they are players who he wants to release he will be watching closely. It's up to those players to make sure they don't give him reason to act, on or off the pitch.

In a way I'm glad this has happened, though upset it was those players involved. Everyone knows exactly where they stand and what is acceptable and what isn't. They also know the concequences of failure to comply. Footballers are stereotyped to lead us to believe they aren't the brightest, well only an idiot can fail to understand what has happened over the last week or so.

We wait and see...

Guest harveythompson

I'd like to see city maybe go for some one like Izzy McLeod, MK Don striker, some one with a bit of pace, what do you think

You really rate him don't you. Thats about 3 different threads you have posted his name on :rofl2br:

are your sure your name shouldnt be roversroversman???? :dunno:

Fortune was personally responsible for us not getting in the play offs, he was ball watching for 90 mins against Doncaster and let 2 easy goals in, how did Fortune blag it for so long as a defender i really don't know, but i reckon release him from his contract BECUASE HE IS TOTALLY USELESS AND CANT PLAY FOOTBALL TO SAVE HIS LIFE! :grr:

Archived