IGNORED

Thank You For Your Time And Votes

Guest MaloneFM

Guest MaloneFM

Ladies and gentlemen gather round Uncle Rog will you?

I have received a communication form Sir Steve this evening setting out his postition regarding fines and how cash strapped the club are etc etc.

Naturally I thanked him for finally getting an honest reply but I also pointed out that as supporters we couldn't care less where they fought or how much they drank if we won and if the fine money went somewhere that people needed it. And Bristol City were going to pay them it anyway so it didn't matter if it went to the Childrens Hospital.

I have also sent an e mail to the Professional Footballer Association suggesting a similar scheme. Any off pitch misdemeanors would be fined and that money sent to the charity chosen by the supporters.

Once again to everyone that voted I thank you from the bottom of my sheepskin coat. And the fight isn't over yet.

When it is I'll tell you. Promise

Uncle Rog ;)

Guest MaloneFM

Well unless someone comes up with a better idea to get support for this. It has bitten the dust and he brick wall wins again.

Thanks for voting anyway.

Uncle Rog

To be fair, BCFC *are* a cash-strapped club and this donation would eventually (indirectly) come out of the pockets of one of the directors rather than from the club.

Fine - SL et al aren't short of a few quid, but when I give to charity, I choose when and I choose to who. Surely the directors deserve the same right?

Guest MaloneFM

To be fair, BCFC *are* a cash-strapped club and this donation would eventually (indirectly) come out of the pockets of one of the directors rather than from the club.

Fine - SL et al aren't short of a few quid, but when I give to charity, I choose when and I choose to who. Surely the directors deserve the same right?

Yes yes and yes. But what I was pointing out is that the PR damage this has done along with the alleged other incidents is now having a real efffect on the support the players get as well as the damaged image.

This would be a token gesture to try to rectify it. And the money has already been written off as wages. Its just one balls up after another lateley.

Unusual to see you get so fired up Malone FM. You are dead right that the PR image of the club is at an all time low. When you think about it, how many fans around the country have had to put up with the following from their own club:-

Badge Fiasco

Shirt Fiasco

New Stand Fiasco

Moving Seats due to non existent Stand Fiasco

Student Price back-tracking Fiasco

Swansea Fiasco

Ticketing Fiasco's at major matches

Free Polo Shirt Fiasco

Squad Mutiny against Tinnion Fiasco

Bar brawling and Player Arrests Fiasco's

Denials of the above by the club Fiasco's (pre Johnson)

Dire Football Fiasco (for two years pre Johnson)

I make that a dozen items without even thinking hard and I'm sure there are a few more I could have mentioned. As other people have said, the club really need to be on their mettle between now and the rest of the season otherwise we will be struggling to attract 5,000 season ticket holders next season. We all know that crowds are at their lowest levels for years (artificially inflated by the inclusion of ALL season ticket holders, whether at the game or not) and the other thing that older forum members will know is that once you lose football fans in Bristol it is bloody difficult to get them back.

Guest MaloneFM

On occasion Greebs something gets right up your uncle Rogers hooter, round the bogeys and past the long hair hairs therein.

One of which is the way we are up to now fed dissapointment and low quality and have very little say. There seems to be a reliance of what is known as brand loyalty. And this has been underlined time and time again.

What seems to be forgotten is directors come and go and each one lived and died on the East End or so they say but we will be here every time. If the club every goes bust, the ground made into the new Ikea and all the shirts burned in a heap.

WE will start the new Bristol City. WE will buy the new shirts and WE will turn out to watch them again. Even if its on the Downs.

And being talked down to and ignored is beginning to pass me off. PR seems to stand for Pathetic Reasons.

Archived