IGNORED

The Transfer Window

RedM

This season is the first where the club has had to operate with the restrictions of a transfer window. There has been a lot of confusion about if players can move, loans, trialists, unattached etc.

Do players at a club breathe a collective sigh of relief as they believe they can't be sold/transfered until the window opens again?

Has it made the managers job more difficult as he can't bring in new players easily and has to work with what he's got. This has probably been quite frustrating to GJ for example and other managers who have joined clubs since the deadline. I believe sheff weds (?) released a player for a sackable offence and have been unable to replace him due to the window whereas the said player has joined Ipswich (?) as he was unattached!!!

I know the rules are the same for everyone and can understand the deadline towards the end of the season but I must admit it has taken some adjusting to this early in the season. Not sure if I like it at the moment as it doesn't seem to be benefiting anyone.

I think the transfer window should remain open 24/7, i don't see any reason why clubs can't transfer players during a certain time, while i'm on it you may aswell scrap the European rule that players who have played for a team in europe already can now play for any other team, thats stupid too.

I think some players must take it easy once they have just signed their 5 yr deal worth million, safe in the know they are sorted for life, but also if a players is playing well he will attract interest from clubs above and could switch just like that under a new rule and potentially destroy your team, at least the window gives you some protection, but i'm still all for a all year round trading, expecially as it would benifit us now.

Archived