IGNORED

Oldham Preview

Niall

A friend at work is a Latics fan and his view is summed up in this email to me:

Scared? You shouldn't be. We can't score from open play and only have one central midfielder. And our tactics appear to be playing long balls for Luke "Lightening" Beckett to chase. I eagerly anticpate a dour 1-1 draw in the rain.

Succint at least.

A friend at work is a Latics fan and his view is summed up in this email to me:

Scared? You shouldn't be. We can't score from open play and only have one central midfielder. And our tactics appear to be playing long balls for Luke "Lightening" Beckett to chase. I eagerly anticpate a dour 1-1 draw in the rain.

Succint at least.

Could be a good prediction, although i hope & belive we will win.

Is Beckett that quick then? That ok though, we'll just put good old Clayfeet on the case, problem solved. :yawn:

Is Beckett that quick then?

Um, no. I think his remark was what passes for irony in Lancashire.

In a subsequent email (I am working, honestly) he tells me that they have a very quick lad called Chris Hall who is likely to be on the bench. Dives a lot by all accounts, so watch out for a 90th minute penalty heartbreak.........

In a subsequent email (I am working, honestly) he tells me that they have a very quick lad called Chris Hall who is likely to be on the bench. Dives a lot by all accounts, so watch out for a 90th minute penalty heartbreak.........

Oh dear, we'd better hope that a few of our less 'hands on' defenders play then!

And how are Clayton Fortune, Louis Carey and Craig Woodman - if Gary Johnson plays them - going to cope with Chris Hall and Luke Beckett running at them? I'm worried. :(

And how are Clayton Fortune, Louis Carey and Craig Woodman - if Gary Johnson plays them - going to cope with Chris Hall and Luke Beckett running at them? I'm worried. :(

Will Orr be back. There is no mention of him or Partridge possibly returning soon...? Sadly Woodman will be in the team regardless. Surely Fortune won't be in there again?

Guest andy the oldhamer

Time on your hands Niall, the girls in the office not letting you put the golf on the TV?

It's all true - I expect to see two of the best on-paper forward lines in the division fail to produce anything. We have been holding a high defensive line, and most teams seem happy to do the same to us as they aren't overly worried about being stripped for pace by Killen or Beckett. Add a narrow pitch and you get a crappy midfield scrap-fest. Which is perhaps not that good with only one central midfielder, a coffin dodger on the left wing and Andy Liddell bizarrely failing to be any good.

You lot can at least get a half time beer. Don't know if there is apple juice on though.

Guest andy the oldhamer

No mate, we're all glued to the Tory leadership coverage. Come on Liam Fox, the Labour Party needs you.....

He could do more for either party than he could do for Natalie Umbrella if rumour is to be believed. As a football manager he would be more likely to push up aggressively from the back than stick to the right wing, so to speak.

He could do more for either party than he could do for Natalie Umbrella if rumour is to be believed. As a football manager he would be more likely to push up aggressively from the back than stick to the right wing, so to speak.

Now at least the rest of you see what I have to cope with at work?

I'm off to the Oldham forum......

No mate, we're all glued to the Tory leadership coverage. Come on Liam Fox, the Labour Party needs you.....

I'm glued to reading about Guy Fawkes and his valiant attempt to blow up Parliament - it's that time of year once more to celebrate with fireworks :cool: Where Guy Fawkes failed Oliver Cromwell succeeded but 50 years later in killing the tyrant King, abolishing the House of Lords and outlawing the corrupt toff ridden Church of England :farmer: There is hope my fellow Englishmen, there is hope :laugh:

i think you will find Cameron is their man.

A total non-entity with a drugs question mark over him who bears more than a passing resemblence to that sleazebag Portillo. I bet Gordon Brown is popping the champagne corks right now. Mind you the alternative Mr Davis who wants to reach parts of the country they've never reached before isn't exactly going to set the world on fire either.

Far as I am from being a Tory I wish they'd at least pick a leader who could look even slightly dangerous to keep Tony and his cronies in line. The future's bright, the futures ginger.

Nibor

A total non-entity with a drugs question mark over him who bears more than a passing resemblence to that sleazebag Portillo. I bet Gordon Brown is popping the champagne corks right now. Mind you the alternative Mr Davis who wants to reach parts of the country they've never reached before isn't exactly going to set the world on fire either.

Far as I am from being a Tory I wish they'd at least pick a leader who could look even slightly dangerous to keep Tony and his cronies in line. The future's bright, the futures ginger.

Nibor

With Margaret Thatcher all but dead I need a new Tory to hate - the snob/toff Cameron will fit my hate criteria nicely :w00t::whistle:

Two reassuring posts. From the way 5live have been reporting the Tory leadership campaign anybody would have thought that Cameron had won a general election by a landslide.

Nibor

Now that we are well and truly off football speak i have to say that the sensible and intellectual choice for the Conservative Party would have been one of the three candidates who are no longer in the running; i would always pick experience over novelty as BCFC have proved recently so Ken Clarke was streets ahead of anybody.

Cannot quite believe this Cameron is probably going to end up leader. not sure whether to cry or laugh.

Cannot see a ginger future my friend unless Gordon Strachan joins the Lib Dems

Ahh ok sorry, i should have read it in a northern accent, might have seen the irony if i did.

It's not your fault. It should have been typed in a northern accent.

Guest andy the oldhamer

It's not your fault. It should have been typed in a northern accent.

You can hardly blame Niall. I sent the comments to him by email and I type without my Northern inflections.

Perhaos a solution to both problems would be to nominate Craig Woodman as Tory Leader after all he ain't left wing and it would get him out of Saturday's game. :farmer:

Yippee, Craig Woodman for Tory leader - the thinking man's choice. He satisfies all the Tory idiot criteria for Tory leader i.e. not much cop as a left winger and very third rate in his other profession - that is as a third rate, old third division footballer. :cool:

Archived