IGNORED

New Sports Paper Due This

Never to the dark side

There is a large advertising poster in the Williams stand

near to the (alledge) catering outlet, Atyeo end.

Its says a new sports paper will be published this weekend

does any one have any further info?

it is advertised in the city programme city v tranmere.

it is called THE LEAGUE PAPER .

64 pages of big-time coverage of every league game

first issue on sale sunday 23rd oct.

launch price only 50p

should be a good read.

Guest Stafford

There has been a 'Non League Paper' running for a while now - currently it appears on Fridays with previews of 'real' football and Sundays with reports of the weekend's 'real' football. The company are to publish - starting this weekend - a 'League Paper'. Hopefully, the new publication will not include Premiership Football which - as we all know - is not 'real' football but merely exploitation of the Proletariat. Incidentally, Non League Football is rather more popular than you might think - grumpy old men who want to enjoy football in the traditional manner - terracing, changing ends at half time, meeting rival fans, etc - are flocking to 'real' football in increasing numbers. And we can sup real ale whilst watching a reasonably good match. Forest Green, Clevedon Town, Yate Town, Bath City, Trowbridge Town, Chippenham Town, Mangotsfield United .... and the Western League ... real football -

Guest The Codfather 0312
There has been a 'Non League Paper' running for a while now - currently it appears on Fridays with previews of 'real' football and Sundays with reports of the weekend's 'real' football. The company are to publish - starting this weekend - a 'League Paper'. Hopefully, the new publication will not include Premiership Football which - as we all know - is not 'real' football but merely exploitation of the Proletariat. Incidentally, Non League Football is rather more popular than you might think - grumpy old men who want to enjoy football in the traditional manner - terracing, changing ends at half time, meeting rival fans, etc - are flocking to 'real' football in increasing numbers. And we can sup real ale whilst watching a reasonably good match. Forest Green, Clevedon Town, Yate Town, Bath City, Trowbridge Town, Chippenham Town, Mangotsfield United .... and the Western League ... real football -

I love the Non League pyramid and when I move to North Devon after Xmas I will be going to watch my local teams Barnstaple Town and Bideford Town every week. I've been to a few Bristol Manor farm games and Yate town games in the past and it is just so much different than the professional game.

Archived