IGNORED

James Quinn

Ian M

• Admin

....no, not with him actually turning out to be crap, he's only here initially for one month so if he is, no harm done.

My concern is if he actually turns out to be quite good and we want to keep him.

It says on the main site that there is scope to sign him permanently if he does well whilst here on loan. Does anyone remember the Craig Ireland situation from last season? We're dealing with the same club only Barry Fry (who scuppered our Ireland deal whilst manager) is now officially chairman :unsure:

....no, not with him actually turning out to be crap, he's only here initially for one month so if he is, no harm done.

My concern is if he actually turns out to be quite good and we want to keep him.

It says on the main site that there is scope to sign him permanently if he does well whilst here on loan. Does anyone remember the Craig Ireland situation from last season? We're dealing with the same club only Barry Fry (who scuppered our Ireland deal whilst manager) is now officially chairman :unsure:

Yeap, your right, good point. The only change in situation right now is now that Posh is in League 2 he may need cash for survival :dunno:

I thought exactly the same thing when I realised he was from Peterborough, and there is a slight chance that we could possibly sign him permanently.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ireland was signed by Fry during the summer, and we then tried to sign him from them later that season, but they were asking too much money for somebody that cost them nothing a few months previous.

Didn't Quinn sign on a free in the summer as well!? :grr:

• Admin

I thought exactly the same thing when I realised he was from Peterborough, and there is a slight chance that we could possibly sign him permanently.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ireland was signed by Fry during the summer, and we then tried to sign him from them later that season, but they were asking too much money for somebody that cost them nothing a few months previous.

Didn't Quinn sign on a free in the summer as well!? :grr:

I think the problem with Ireland stemmed from Fry constantly moving the goalposts.

We agreed a "future price" if the loan was successful and then when Ireland DID do well here, Fry reneged on that agreement and put the price up. We refused to be held to ransom and Ireland stayed at Posh till the Summer.

I'm not at all confident that the same won't happen again.

Archived