On Target 6 4 On Target

Offside 0 0 Offside

Corners 6 3 Corners

Free kicks 19 10 Free kicks

Yellow cards 2 3 Yellow cards

Red cards 0 0 Red cards

Possession 53 47 Possession

1 goal out of 16 goal attemts :D

Whilst Lee Peacock has gone someway to closing the gap (8 from 44 = 5.5/g), the rest of the team are striking at 13.1 s/g which is relegation stuff! ... either we keep our fingers crossed the lads find their shooting boots and soon, or we consider bringing in a class act (maybe on loan) to give things the lift Robins provided last March ... but we can't carry on failing to take the chances that do come our way for much longer.

Add in the Luton figures to update the above to 8 goals from 45 shots for Peacock (only one attempt on goal today, blocked because he took too many touches) and 11 from 147 (13.4 s/g) for the rest, several of which failed from the same hesitancy and few of which troubled the keeper.

how funny stats are often rubbish though... like you can kick a long pass and it drifts over the goal and they will count it as a shot.

If you want proof take stats yourself at a match and them compare them to where you got those stats from, I bet they will be alot different :D

Yes, stats CAN be misleading, but if you look at them over a period of time they SHOULD give you a good idea of whats actually going on. And sometimes cold, hard stats can be better than relying on partisan opinions based on our overall impression of a performance. (for example if we win a match we're all talking about how well we passed the ball, but we forget this if we lose)

Besides, all our opinions on Robins seem to be based on stats, for instance..

'we aren't creating enough chances' - so how are you measuring that ?

The alternative is to rely on gut-instinct and to be honest, I think I'd prefer some sort of evidence to back my opinions up.

'we aren't creating enough chances' - so how are you measuring that ?

The alternative is to rely on gut-instinct and to be honest, I think I'd prefer some sort of evidence to back my opinions up.

Exactly my view Andy - "You can't improve what you don't measure"

Archived