IGNORED

Shirt Quality

NailseaRed

Went down the City Shop at the weekend to get a refund on my city shirt. I had to exchange my original shirt because it got snagged then within two games of having my new one it got snagged again. Just wondered if anyone else had had this problem? If it's a case of a badly made batch then i'd be tempted to get another one later in the season, but i'm pretty sure it's just the way they are all made? Surely it's about time we got something of some quality for 40 quid?!

Went down the City Shop at the weekend to get a refund on my city shirt. I had to exchange my original shirt because it got snagged then within two games of having my new one it got snagged again. Just wondered if anyone else had had this problem? If it's a case of a badly made batch then i'd be tempted to get another one later in the season, but i'm pretty sure it's just the way they are all made? Surely it's about time we got something of some quality for 40 quid?!

£40?? that will buy you Carey, woodman and Fortune

No they are all like that, i exchanged mine cos it got scagged on the dolman seats, then my new one got scagged on the seats again the next game!...

rumour has it they are changing manufacturer next season...

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so expensive. I bought an england shirt for less and it's amazing when you compare the quality of the shirts.

A bit gutted cos I like to wear a City top to games but now i'll just not bother buying anything city related. That's 1x£40 gone, wonder how much more they'll lose out!

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so expensive. I bought an england shirt for less and it's amazing when you compare the quality of the shirts.

A bit gutted cos I like to wear a City top to games but now i'll just not bother buying anything city related. That's 1x£40 gone, wonder how much more they'll lose out!

NR, I have been saying this for some time.

At the last FCF meeting CS gave assurances that the replica issue would be looked at.

The new Commercial manager will be set this task & I hope that the whole issue will be improved next season.

Unfortunately this season, they just seem to be replacing cr@p with more Cr@p.

And you are right the margin on the product is disgusting, especially compared to the quality.

As you point out qulaity products like Umbro & Nike are on sale for far less money.

Needs to be addressed & I am sure it will be.

:city:

I thought that this was definately TFG's last season supplying the kits?

I've got to say that my shirt isn't too bad. Then again I usually only wear it on the weekends when we're playing anyway, but I've not had half of the problems that others have had :blink:

i'm on my 3rd home shirt, i've had snags and also the lettering came off on another shirt, the quality is P#ss poor :grr:

£40?? that will buy you Carey, woodman and Fortune

:rofl2br:

I am totally flummaxed why, in this day and age of high technology, the city had to buy from where they did. I have been down the shop and was going to buy 22 shirts of mixed medium and large size for a team in Cuba but when i saw the price and then saw the quality and when no discount was offered I have to say i was rather disappointed - PUTTING IN MILDLY!!! - And this was going to be free promotion. shambolic. In the end we bought shirts that were generic from Umbro and they were superb quality for £15 each - go figure.

Guest Cadburyheath Red

I have posted on this subject in the past & having taken my home shirt back I know what youre saying.

When I returned my home shirt I was advised to exchange it for the nasty away shirt as it was better quality, having worn it 3 times it really hase'nt faired much better & is already scagged through no fault of my own.

This time I'm going to take my shirt back & ask for a refund as I don't wish to own any other TFG product as this season in particular they are of very poor quality & I would advise anyone else unhappy with there purchase to do the same.

Its not that I don't want the club to have my money, far from it. if the shirt was of a better quality I would happily pay the 40 quid but I'm not spending my hard earned cash on crap. I would'nt put up with it from a high street retailer & I wont put up with it from the club I support.

Was hoping someone might suggest another TFG item in the shop that has better quality and then i'd be tempted to wear that on a matchday, but it seems all the TFG tat is as bad as each other! I guess i'll be pulling on my classic admiral shirt next match then :) Tom you got anymore of those Johnson no more tears t shirts left? Maybe you guys should supply the home kit next season :)

Archived