IGNORED

Atmosphere

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I see East End threads have started again. Why do people think this will change things?

The chance has been given this year to get singers together. Those that want an atmosphere enough to be moved to post about the subject can surely find the effort move to the Dolman if not already done so.

The last couple of times in the East End have been appalling, mainly due to the End being full of spotty yoof rather than fellas. That's not atmosphere, it's drunken mongs and no marks.

You people want atmosphere, then do something proactive rather than whining about the injustice of not having the east end - Or is this too much effort for those that like to moan on a forum?

The last couple of times in the East End have been appalling, mainly due to the End being full of spotty yoof rather than fellas. That's not atmosphere, it's drunken mongs and no marks.

Sorry, the Dolman isnt full of them? So the steward trouble with the Dolman is fellas and not drunken spotty teens?

Guest bristolbred

I see that Adam B and his cronies have removed my Bum's on Seats// Atmosphere thread from the Dear Steve section!!

Only to be expected!!

Must protect the Bored, sorry, Board from Criticism!!.

So much for having a Borum, sorry, Forum, where free speech is allowed!!

:farmer::city:;)

Willsbridge, agree with you fella...

I would go as far to say the Dolman is better than the current East End setup with the Burberry boys.

If you want some Atmos - stop moaning, get in the Dolman or shut up.

Problem being Atyeo probably think the same :disapointed2se:

Guest North Street

I see East End threads have started again. Why do people think this will change things?

The chance has been given this year to get singers together. Those that want an atmosphere enough to be moved to post about the subject can surely find the effort move to the Dolman if not already done so.

You people want atmosphere, then do something proactive rather than whining about the injustice of not having the east end - Or is this too much effort for those that like to moan on a forum?

The reason the East End threads have started yet again are that people know having the East End has a dramatic effect on the atmosphere at the Gate and until that thingy is built this topic will keep coming back like the Mitchell Brothers.

The Dolman despite the efforts of those nice pro active Subbers is dead apart from block G ands as for the Atyeo/Williams :disapointed2se:

Stick a few hundred in the East End and low and behold they make more noise than ten thousand.

The last couple of times in the East End have been appalling? Err no the last time v Donny was really good but if you believe the clubs spin there is little i can do to change to your mind.

Fans are trying to be proactive but sending out letters to those who are trying harder than anybody else is not the way forward is it? How about meaningful discussion with the clubs real punters and by this i do not mean the FCF whatever they are! People whinge because the atmosphere is embarrassing.

Drunken mongs and no marks? Mmmm!

:city:

Willsbridge, agree with you fella...

I would go as far to say the Dolman is better than the current East End setup with the Burberry boys.

If you want some Atmos - stop moaning, get in the Dolman or shut up.

Yeah Right, the Dpolman at the mo is like the park end was to the EAST 2nd best

Guest North Street

Not just you mate. The old East End is dead now, and with it went the atmosphere.

Bu t I think the noise and buzz went from the 80's onwards.

I sit bang in the middle of the Dolman most games (I'm not a ST holder, but there are always seats available in C block level with the half way line, row m or n) and the majority of noise now comes from Dolman blocks A and B followed by the Atyeo, then block G of the Dolman. Thats how it comes across to me.

The truth is that when the crowd have something to shout about, it is as loud as any ground in the country - but it's a shame that we don't have joined up singing and chanting - although the A and B Dolman do try to merge with the Atyeo. If all areas were to sing and chant in unison, maybe there could be some atmosphere.

It aint a competition this supporting lark, and it defintitely aint some form of elitism - so trying to suggest that we have all had a chance to get singers together is a bit patronising to say the least. People have been singing and chanting in the Dolman for years - and a lot of banter going on as well with no problems.

You want a singing area - try the Dolman blocks A and B or the Atyeo.

Just an alternative view you understand.

I thought blocks A& B were already singing areas? But i sit in block B and the word loud does not spring to mind, oh well :blush:

Sorry, the Dolman isnt full of them? So the steward trouble with the Dolman is fellas and not drunken spotty teens?

drunks hmmmmmmmm

Pity our own club thinks this IPB Image

i think there is a trend here in that we only get the problems at home, but away the support,

stewards, everything is fine, so there must be a problem with our club and our stewards towards

it's fans and the support trying to be created atmosphere wise...

eastend, williams and now the dolman hmmmmmmmmm sod it.

Message 1 - posted by THEREALLATICS, Yesterday

Well, that was a game of football!!!!

Don’t know where to start!!! I suppose I better start with a slice of humble pie!! What did I say on Friday???, something like ‘If Wellens is out it’ll make no difference’. Classic comment!!! He produced a wonder goal and a match-winning performance, maybe I should start on someone else so they play a blinder!!!

Well, I know it’s easy to be charitable after a win, but I have to say the away support was excellent, for a start Bristol brought double the support that Chesterfield brought (no mean feat given the distances), and secondly they sung their hearts out at 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2 down. Great support.

Some naïve defending from both sides, some quality attacking too. On Oldham’s first goal we could have been clean through left or right such was the lack of defenders!! Bristol City made enough chances to win 3 games but must be rueing some awful defending. Johnson seems to have them knocking it around well, they just need to shore up at the back. Oldham were much improved on Saturday, playing some nice stuff in patches. Some quality individual performances.

Message 3 - posted by Day Saves The Day OAFC 100**, Yesterday

I hoped for a good game as I said Friday and I got it! Brilliant game.

Our goals from Wellens and Liddell were brilliant. Bristols goals by Brown and Murray wre very good too.

Fantastic game and the Bristol supporters were a real credit to their club. The little group at the front "lets go ******** mental!".

Keep it up Latics and a special mention to Hughesy! Get in!

Hughesy Hughesy Hughesy!

Message 9 - posted by sicasey18, Yesterday

I'll second that, The Bristol City fans were a credit to the club, it almost seemed a little unreal as not at one time did I hear any moans or boos from them....Think they must be getting used to it!

The game was cracking and I was made up for Hughesy, you could see how much it meant to the lad, especially after missing his penalty on Tue!

Don't think the 4-3 scoreline quite reflected the game as we were worthy of at least a two goal cushion, which we had on 3 occasions and insisted on throwing away. But I'll take nothing away from Bristol, they attacked well and I was impressed with the lad Quinn who came on for the unimpressive Stewart (I'd be very disappointed with him if I was a city fan).

For Latics, Porter had a brilliant game, as did quite a few of the lads. Danny Hall has been a breath of fresh air, Branston looked solid, Eyres never stopped running and Wellens ran the show with Hughes doing all the donkey work.

Bring un the Scunny!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2231915?thread=1268506

I see that Adam B and his cronies have removed my Bum's on Seats// Atmosphere thread from the Dear Steve section!!

Only to be expected!!

Must protect the Bored, sorry, Board from Criticism!!.

So much for having a Borum, sorry, Forum, where free speech is allowed!!

:farmer::city:;)

just got moved not removed didn't it?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46671

I think saturday proved that it's not where you are, or how the players perform on the pitch that matters, it is people who are determined to sing and enjoy themselves actualy getting on and doing it that creates an atmosphere!!

Judging by Cider Heads quotes the CITY fans on saturday certainly made the right impression on their oldham counterparts and even though we lost, many of the players applauded the fans enthusiasticaly at the end!! Then again, having stewards laughing and smiling with you helped create the right ambiance (maybe CITY'S safety officer could get them down to train some of ours)!!!

If we want an atmosphere, people will need to leave their inabitions behind and just get on with singing!! At the end of the day we are a small third division club with next to no chance of getting to the premiership, let alone competing with the best teams, so we need to accept that what we will see will not be top quality but will be error laden and at times pathetic and laughable, as it has been for the last 25 years since our exit from the top flight!!

What we have to do is either change our team or get on with making the most of it and get to enjoying ourselves a bit!!

I spend a massive amount of my income on following this club, and as my wife constantly reminds me, i must be mad, and recently i have been questioning just how much i am getting out of it!! But if every game was as much fun as oldham, then i would never doubt that it is worth it!!

So come on people, lighten up and have a bit of fun, and make some noise while you do it!!!!

Watching the people get lairy

Is not very pretty I tell thee

Walking through town is quite scary

And not very sensible either

A friend of a friend he got beaten

He looked the wrong way at a policeman

Would never have happened to Smeaton

And old Leodiensian

La-ah-ah, la la lalala la

Ah-ah-ah, la la lalala la

I predict a riot, I predict a riot

I tried to get in my taxi

A man in a tracksuit attacked me

He said that he saw it before me

Wants to get things a bit gory

Girls run around with no clothes on

To borrow a pound for a condom

If it wasn't for chip fat, well they'd be frozen

They're not very sensible

And if there's anybody left in here

That doesn't want to be out there

Watching the people get lairy

Is not very pretty I tell thee

Walking through town is quite scary

And not very sensible

And if there's anybody left in here

That doesn't want to be out there

I predict a riot, I predict a riot....

Guest MaloneFM

So come on people, lighten up and have a bit of fun, and make some noise while you do it!!!!

Unless of course you are a druken spotty teen which of course none of us here ever were. And if you are we don't want you or your money or your noise.

We want sensible noise form people that have a quialification in noise. Like we have now.

So there. :razz:

Archived