IGNORED

Steve Philips

Guest laura8264

am listening to the game, and unfortunately even after a retaken penalty he failed to save it, he used to be good but best in the league, then whats he doing playing for City,

you avin a laugh ???

goalkeepers are not expected to save pens even retaken ones

thats why goalies can be heros in pen shootouts

this has nothing to do with your gender but don't talk rubbish

i agree with one of your points that phillips doesnt have any serious competition for his place but he has to be one of the best shot stoppers in the lower leagues

if you seriously think he was at fault for all 7 goals at swansea, i suggest you watch a tape of the game and have another look

:devil::devil::devil:

Got to agree with Stick, saving penalties isnt exactly easy unless Pires is taking one. When a player takes a penalty you usually expect them to score.

Phillips has been at fault for some goals this season but he has also prevented many others. The game at Swansea could have easily been double figures and it sounded like he made two excellent saves tonight.

Guest silkman

And your reply ..............no better

Quite frankly most posters on here are more impressed by one flash save per game than a goalkeeper who cuts out every cross into the box,distributes the ball well,organises his defence by his communication skills,accepts blame when it is his fault and can make flash saves without thinking that is all he has to do. Phillips is average and no more - stop over-rating him. How many of you experts have actually played in the position?

Guest bristolbred

IF it wasn't for Steve Phillips, we would of lost 6-0, 7-0, or even 8-0 tonight!!!

But we were lucky enough only to of lost 3-0!!!

And their Goal Keeper only had 1 Soft Save to make all night!!

Magic Johnson??

It's gone already!!

Welcome to the Real World!!

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

Guest silkman

IF it wasn't for Steve Phillips, we would of lost 6-0, 7-0, or even 8-0 tonight!!!

But we were lucky enough only to of lost 3-0!!!

And their Goal Keeper only had 1 Soft Save to make all night!!

Magic Johnson??

It's gone already!!

Welcome to the Real World!!

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

Did his 'wonder' saves make any difference to the number of points City got? No. Would it make a difference if any City defence had confidence in him to command his area? Well its got to be worth a go. 150+ league games consecutivelty - nonsense.

Phillips made 2 good saves tonight. However, I feel he should have done better on all three goals/incidents. I couldn't believe that Allison's header looped over him and think he should have done better on that one- but will have to see it again. As for the 2nd goal, this sort of goal has happened so many times (Bournemouth this season for example), that it makes me think that Phillips should be doing better with these. Third goal; wasn't his fault he didn't save the twice taken penalty BUT if we had a keeper who came out for crosses then it wouldn't have been a penalty to start with. I was beginning to think Phillips was improving over the last few games but tonight he looked like his usual suspect self. Top shot stopper as always but poor at crosses and commanding area/defence. If I see the highlights and I'm wrong then fair enough but it seemed that he should have done better with those ones.

Guest bristolbred

Phillips made 2 good saves tonight. However, I feel he should have done better on all three goals/incidents. I couldn't believe that Allison's header looped over him and think he should have done better on that one- but will have to see it again. As for the 2nd goal, this sort of goal has happened so many times (Bournemouth this season for example), that it makes me think that Phillips should be doing better with these. Third goal; wasn't his fault he didn't save the twice taken penalty BUT if we had a keeper who came out for crosses then it wouldn't have been a penalty to start with. I was beginning to think Phillips was improving over the last few games but tonight he looked like his usual suspect self. Top shot stopper as always but poor at crosses and commanding area/defence. If I see the highlights and I'm wrong then fair enough but it seemed that he should have done better with those ones.

So, as you are undoubtedly, THE EXPERT on the Current Squad, what are your feelings about the "other" 10 over paid Prima Donna's then??

:city::city::city:

So, as you are undoubtedly, THE EXPERT on the Current Squad, what are your feelings about the "other" 10 over paid Prima Donna's then??

Who said I was 'THE EXPERT'? I was just giving my opinions. I have said that I would like to see the highlights but from what I saw Phillips could have done better with the goals. There's no need to get upset with me for voicing my opinion! Get upset with the players!

Guest bristolbred

Who said I was 'THE EXPERT'? I was just giving my opinions. I have said that I would like to see the highlights but from what I saw Phillips could have done better with the goals. There's no need to get upset with me for voicing my opinion! Get upset with the players!

I thought that Phillips was being more vocal, and commanding his area well tonight!!

BUT that's my opinion!!

Get upset with the player's??

NOT all of them. BUT there are one or two who need to be shown the door!!

I thought that Phillips was being more vocal, and commanding his area well tonight!!

BUT that's my opinion!!

Get upset with the player's??

NOT all of them. BUT there are one or two who need to be shown the door!!

First half I would agree would agree with you on that one, but 2nd half something clearly went wrong. I don't think Fortune and Madjo are up to it. Add to that Woodman, J.Smith and Carey, who weren't involved tonight. That's who I would get rid of. Players like Skuse, Brown, Wilkshire and Partridge didn't play well tonight but have shown they can be good. Brown is also playing out of position.

Guest bristolbred

Brown is also playing out of position.

Brown should of shot for goal tonight!!

He only had the Goalie to beat, and we could of been 0-1 up!!!

A whole different ball game!!

And that could of meant a whole different result!!

Brown should of shot for goal tonight!!

He only had the Goalie to beat, and we could of been 0-1 up!!!

A whole different ball game!!

And that could of meant a whole different result!!

It was a difficult chance but ,yes, he should have shot. I don't think he would have scored but he should have gambled! I had Scott Brown's family infront of me and even they were disapointed that he didn't shoot!

Guest bristolbred

It was a difficult chance but ,yes, he should have shot. I don't think he would have scored but he should have gambled! I had Scott Brown's family infront of me and even they were disapointed that he didn't shoot!

Which brings us nicely back to the biggest problem facing Gary Johnson..........................................

CONFIDENCE!!

or should i say, the lack of it!!

:farmer::city::farmer:

Archived