IGNORED

Don't Even Think About Blaming Lansdown!

B-Rizzle

Lots of people are now beginning to think that Gj isn't the man for the job, so before you even think about it, DON'T start blaming Lansdwon!

Yes, he made a bad decision at appointing Brian Tinnion, which took us back a couple of years. But i can only think of 3 or 4 cases of people being wary of the Gj appointment, everyone else was Pro!

Therefore don't even think about slating Lansdown for making 'another poor appointment' because nearly everyone on this forum agreed with it and can therefore not slag him off for it!

I think its becoming clear that were not going up this year, and i know we've done enough waiting, but we have to give Gj until next season, when he can have his squad in place. The tinnion appointment has just delayed us a few years.

I am 110% behind Steve Lansdown, Gary Johnson and Bristol City Football Club and think that everyone should stop with negative posts (theres been nearly double figures of negative topics since the final whistle) and start giving the playing and managerial staff the backing they need!

:city::city::city:

Lots of people are now beginning to think that Gj isn't the man for the job, so before you even think about it, DON'T start blaming Lansdwon!

Yes, he made a bad decision at appointing Brian Tinnion, which took us back a couple of years. But i can only think of 3 or 4 cases of people being wary of the Gj appointment, everyone else was Pro!

Therefore don't even think about slating Lansdown for making 'another poor appointment' because nearly everyone on this forum agreed with it and can therefore not slag him off for it!

I think its becoming clear that were not going up this year, and i know we've done enough waiting, but we have to give Gj until next season, when he can have his squad in place. The tinnion appointment has just delayed us a few years.

I am 110% behind Steve Lansdown, Gary Johnson and Bristol City Football Club and think that everyone should stop with negative posts (theres been nearly double figures of negative topics since the final whistle) and start giving the playing and managerial staff the backing they need!

Praise the lord, this man speakest sense.

Not quite, Why should anyone support the players 110%, Whilst they rarely give us 60%, They only give 110% when out on the lash.

Because were Bristol City fans!

Ever heard of support your team through through thick and thin? Gj will sort the players out, some of us have got to sort our attitudes out!

2 wrongs don't make a right rumbellow!

Because were Bristol City fans!

Ever heard of support your team through through thick and thin? Gj will sort the players out, some of us have got to sort our attitudes out!

2 wrongs don't make a right rumbellow!

I've been supporting my team for nigh on 50 years, I don't need a lesson in support from a paper boy.

I support SL, I support GJ and I am sure they will eventually get it right.

I certainly don't support the thugs/players who have been in trouble this year, What support were they showing us when they caused trouble, 2 of them were injured and a 3rd became injured as a result of the incident. Ask yourself what were 2 injured players doing out on the lash.

We have too many players selling you short out on the pitch, Cowards who won't get stuck in, Won't put their foot in in case in they might hurt, Won't head a ball.

I will support 100% any BCFC team who always give 100% every time they put on the BCFC shirt, If they are not good enough thats fine, As long as they put in that 100% and that means sometimes you get hurt (ask Bryan Robson/Roy Keane).

These players are well paid to play for the team we love, It dosen't mean enough to them, As long as they got the nice house, car, haircuts and can be obnoxious when they are out, BCFC comes very low on their list of priorities.

I am totally ashamed of many of this current squad, They are not fit to clean the boots of real BCFC legends.

When you are older, Ask yourself how many of this current squad would get into your best ever BCFC team or even how many will become legends or even be remembered fondly.

Having said all that, I am always prepared to forgive and forget, So for the rest of the season if the 11 players on the pitch at any given time give 100% all of the time, Perhaps we can salvage something from this so far dire season and who knows even at my age I might be able to remember some of their names.

• Admin

I've been supporting my team for nigh on 50 years, I don't need a lesson in support from a paper boy.

I certainly don't support the thugs/players who have been in trouble this year, What support were they showing us when they caused trouble, 2 of them were injured and a 3rd became injured as a result of the incident. Ask yourself what were 2 injured players doing out on the lash.

We have too many players selling you short out on the pitch, Cowards who won't get stuck in, Won't put their foot in in case in they might hurt, Won't head a ball.

I will support 100% any BCFC team who always give 100% every time they put on the BCFC shirt, If they are not good enough thats fine, As long as they put in that 100% and that means sometimes you get hurt (ask Bryan Robson/Roy Keane).

These players are well paid to play for the team we love, It dosen't mean enough to them, As long as they got the nice house, car, haircuts and can be obnoxious when they are out, BCFC comes very low on their list of priorities.

I am totally ashamed of many of this current squad, They are not fit to clean the boots of real BCFC legends.

When you are older, Ask yourself how many of this current squad would get into your best ever BCFC team or even how many will become legends or even be remembered fondly.

Having said all that, I am always prepared to forgive and forget, So for the rest of the season if the 11 players on the pitch at any given time give 100% all of the time, Perhaps we can salvage something from this so far dire season and who knows even at my age I might be able to remember some of their names.

At last.. say it as it is !

WE ARE ALL BRISTOL CITY FANS...

We will ALL support Steve Lansdown whilst he is the chief and will support Gary Johnson as long as he is in control, but supporting some of the players who blantently could not give a poo whether they play for city that is a different matter....

I honestly believer things will come good and we will be there or abouts at the end of the season, lets just get ths confidence back on and off the pitch and we will be fine !

SL and GL deserve far better from what appears a bunch of over-paid and under-performing wasters. I thought it couldn't get worse than the Pulis/Wilson era....... it recently has.

SL has made a number of poor calls during his tenure but the guy has stuck in there and if the 'players' put 50% of the effort he's put into the Club we'd be strolling away with the league now.

Tins was shafted by a number of the players worried that their comfort zone was being taken away. GL now likewise - the Club Management or the Players - I know who I support.

I can understand your frustration at all the negativity.

But you have to realise that whilst some of it is mindless knee-jerk whinging, MUCH of it is realistic criticism.

If SL does something wrong, I am free to discuss and will try to do so in an intelligent way. The same goes for all the players, manager, and other fans. Unfortunately there are some idiots here who whinge for no reason and that annoys me too.

I don't agree that 'lots of people think GJ isn't the man for the job'.

To me it's a few people who start lots of threads and who are persistent.

Everybody i know is happy to have GJ at the helm and personally i still think he was a fantastic appointment.

We're just going to have to grin and bear it this year, but we're going to have genuine hope next.

I don't agree that 'lots of people think GJ isn't the man for the job'.

To me it's a few people who start lots of threads and who are persistent.

Everybody i know is happy to have GJ at the helm and personally i still think he was a fantastic appointment.

We're just going to have to grin and bear it this year, but we're going to have genuine hope next.

I can't imagine that there are more than a handful of people dubious about GJ. I certainly don't take their view very seriously, simply because it's illogical.

Fair point there, and i think you talk a lot of sence. But no need for the swipe at age again. As ive said before, age has nothing to do with it!

But ye i actually agree with you, 110% behind Gj and board, but not behind players who take advantage and take the peas out of us.

Fair point there, and i think you talk a lot of sence. But no need for the swipe at age again. As ive said before, age has nothing to do with it!

But ye i actually agree with you, 110% behind Gj and board, but not behind players who take advantage and take the peas out of us.

I am not going to apologise for the swipe re age, Have you actually read your original reply to me, "some of us have got to sort our attitudes out", You really are having a laugh, The players are the ones who need to sort their attitudes out.

In 1982 after the Ashton 8 saga, All the best players gone, Many youngsters and very average players were brought in and you know what, Although results were still poor and another relegation to the dreaded 4th division came, The fans rarely got on the teams back, Why because they gave 100% in every game, That is all I ask, That is all most fans ask and is that too much to ask ?.

I am not going to apologise for the swipe re age, Have you actually read your original reply to me, "some of us have got to sort our attitudes out", You really are having a laugh, The players are the ones who need to sort their attitudes out.

In 1982 after the Ashton 8 saga, All the best players gone, Many youngsters and very average players were brought in and you know what, Although results were still poor and another relegation to the dreaded 4th division came, The fans rarely got on the teams back, Why because they gave 100% in every game, That is all I ask, That is all most fans ask and is that too much to ask ?.

Yes the players attitudes need to change, i thought that was obvious, they can't go around giving 60% and getting arrested in night clubs!

But I'm just fed up with the consistent winging at every poor result, in your first post you came over to me as nother winging fan.

Not quite, Why should anyone support the players 110%, Whilst they rarely give us 60%, They only give 110% when out on the lash.

Now after reading your other posts i can see your not, but my point about fans attitudes is to the fans who are already questionning the appointment of Gj!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is only one group of people to blame for the situation this is finds it's self in. It's not the players, its not the fans it's not even Brian Tinnion. The blame falls directly at the feet of the board of directors.

By sacking Danny Wilson and appointing Brian Tinnion the club took a massive gamble. A gamble that was all about saving money. I don't blame Brian for accepting the job, afterall, who wouldn't take it. The board should have either left Danny to it or splash the cash and appoint an experienced man. The move to appoint Brian wasn't onlt the wrong move but it also wasted two or three years hard work that Danny Wilson and his team put in.

I've heard all the nonsense about not having a club if it wasn't for the current board. About how SL probably forked out for GJ out of his own pocket. So what? They save the club and they can rip os apart as well?

If it wasn't for one of the many knee jerk reactions from the current board then we wouldn't be having this discusion. Gary Johnson would still be at Yeovil and we would be in the Championship.

We're in a terrible position. Why are we going into a match against the mighty Southend United fearing for the worst? I know the answer. Ask SL if he has any idea? He'll probably just say we have to stick together and pull in the right direction. Or he may just say we need more time!!!!!!

Yes the players attitudes need to change, i thought that was obvious, they can't go around giving 60% and getting arrested in night clubs!

But I'm just fed up with the consistent winging at every poor result, in your first post you came over to me as nother winging fan.

Now after reading your other posts i can see your not, but my point about fans attitudes is to the fans who are already questionning the appointment of Gj!

Ok, Then we have broad agreement, SL & GJ ok, Players = spineless.

PS:-Stop delivering The Times.................You know I read The Sport

Why not! he will be quick to blame the fans at the end of the season, when we stop turning up, the club then starts to lose more money, nothing to do with the board and their decisions, all the fans fault!!1

Archived