IGNORED

Back From Chesterfield

leadman

your so ###### its unbelevible.

your not very good

sang by the mighty spirites

after a shakey first 5 mins, city took over,knocking the ball around pretty well, carving out half chances and pretty quiet down our end, decent performances all over the pitch apart from wilks(very poor),h/t arrives, ive got to say, i was happy.

2nd half, deary deary me, what happened, free kick from the half way line on an angle, simple header and loops into the corner, my god one goal and we fell apart, after playing with 5 in midfield, we resort back to 4-4-2, didnt we pay for that, totaly ripped apart by a side who didnt seem to be anything special, the secound goal was even worse, poxy free kick that travelled a very long way straight into the far corner, then the pen then the misserable 2 hour drive home across the eary peak district.

phillips 6 no blame for him

orr 5 best of a very bad bunch

sankofa 3 go back to charlton

partridge 3 go back to motherwell

fortune 4 got the extra mark for ranting at the other 2

brown 5 poor game by his standards but still better than wilks

skuse 3 just go

wilks 2 why is he so c*** away from home

cotterill 4 blind alleys all night but tracked back well

murrey 6 mom for me at least he was direct

quinn 5 battled away i spose

madjo 3 done nothing

keogh 4 everyones head had dropped by the time he came on

smith 3 go back to swindon

thing was, brown was put through by quinn,on an angle,but the shot was on, for some mentel reason he decided to square it to an empty box, they scored from the clearence, if only he would have had a go, you never know.

this is the worst city defence i think ive ever seen, if its not sorted out we will go down.

thankyou steve l(judge me on brian)

thankyou tinnion, for offloading our best players, some wanted to go i admit, i think they wanted off because of him and cheers for the likes of grant smith.

were c***

your not very good

after a shakey first 5 mins, city took over,knocking the ball around pretty well, carving out half chances and pretty quiet down our end, decent performances all over the pitch apart from wilks(very poor),h/t arrives, ive got to say, i was happy.

2nd half, deary deary me, what happened, free kick from the half way line on an angle, simple header and loops into the corner, my god one goal and we fell apart, after playing with 5 in midfield, we resort back to 4-4-2, didnt we pay for that, totaly ripped apart by a side who didnt seem to be anything special, the secound goal was even worse, poxy free kick that travelled a very long way straight into the far corner, then the pen then the misserable 2 hour drive home across the eary peak district.

skuse 3 just go

madjo 3 done nothing

thing was, brown was put through by quinn,on an angle,but the shot was on, for some mentel reason he decided to square it to an empty box, they scored from the clearence, if only he would have had a go, you never know.

this is the worst city defence i think ive ever seen, if its not sorted out we will go down.

thankyou tinnion, for offloading our best players, some wanted to go i admit, i think they wanted off because of him and cheers for the likes of grant smith.

were c***

Take it you never enjoyed it? :me?: Have a good drink ! I have.

Guest bristolbred

Leadman

Gary Johnson said on Radio Bristol that the players went over to thank the fans at the end and kopped a few verbals for their trouble - were you still around at the time?

I was!!!

Some City Fans were clapping the players off of the park!!

WHY??

We were good first half!!, Dire Second Half!!, Should of been 0-1 up before they scored their first!!

Then if it weren't for Phillips, they could of had 6 past us in the Second Half!!

But after the final whistle, City Fans were applauding the City players off of the pitch, when a few nearest the tunnel started to vent their feelings and frustrations only for GJ to stop and listen!!

Bet he wished he hadn't now!!

Still, when Southend give us a Good thrashing on Saturday, GJ will tell Lansdown, that he can't find suitable accommodation in Bristol, so escaping back to Yeovil!!

Can't blame him!!!

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

Perhaps some fans are easily pleased??

:city::city::city:

Fair play to you for going! I'm still pressing these bloody buttons half (I said a naughty word), thinking next game southend, can things get worse! or is there still FIGHT in that RED and WHITE! and the PLAYERS who want to PLAY for BCFC :city:

Guest bristolbred

Fair play to you for going!

IF they players had showed the same passion second half, as they did first half, then we'd be talking about a GREAT result, instead of a Crap one!!

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf:

got back , what a load of **** and i was in the covered end and watched the abuse that the fans gave them, and IMO it wasnt going 2 help anything, however i can understand completely why they were all so angry. Where has the passion gone??? Its all about the money now, we concede 1 goal and all our heads drop. We played some excellent football in the first half and then once again we go and concede from crosses and dead ball situations. and did anyone understand why Scott Brown pulled the Ball across to Murray :S?

your not very good

skuse 3 just go

madjo 3 done nothing

were c***

I thought Wilks was probably our most creative player. The trouble is when he does not have decent thinking people in fromt of him his passes all ways look poor, yet if people thought as quick as him they would realise how good those balls could be. I can't wait for bridges and Wilks on the same pitch they will compliment each other so well.

Guest bristolbred

and did anyone understand why Scott Brown pulled the Ball across to Murray :S?

IF Brown had tried to shoot, and he scored, then the whole match would of gone a different way!!

At Oldham i noticed one thing,

The Oldham players seemed bigger and taller than our entire squad, but they arn't!!

BODY LANGUAGE!!.

Our players, when playing football on the ground, seem great in midfield, but when it starts going wrong, revert back to "Hoofball!".

GJ has got a long way to go, and the current fixture list does not help.

Steve Tilson, (my choice for Manager) is bringing a Southend team, smarting on their LDV Vans defeat and recent draw, to the Gate on Saturday.

No doubt they'll toy with us first half, then step up a gear and defeat us second half.

We didn't even test the Chesterfield goalkeeper once last night!!

Steve Phillips (even though some other threads are blaming him for the goals!!) had to pull off some fine saves to keep the goal tally low!!.

Otherwise we would of faced GJ's first Swansea-esque result last night!!

So you could easily understand this;

Angry City fans confront Johnson

Bristol City boss Gary Johnson spoke to angry fans on the touchline after the Robins' 3-0 loss at Chesterfield.

"The supporters were angry, they said their piece and I promise them I said the same thing to the lads in the dressing room," he told City's website.

"The fans were having a little go at me and the player's for the defeat as we came off the pitch and I told them I was doing all I can.

"The fans must stay loyal. I can't change things overnight."

City's loss to the Spireites compounded their poor away record.

The Robins have picked up just three points in seven games away from Ashton Gate, conceding 22 goals in the process - the worst defensive record for an away team in the top four divisions.

This season, we should forget about all hopes and asperations with regard to promotion, and concentrate on GJ having the chance to build up both a squad that are worthy enough to wear the Red and White of City and are strong enough to play good football, adheire to the Clubs rules and discipline code, whilst at the same time, strong enough to get us Championship style football.

:farmer::farmer::farmer::farmer:

I wasn't surprised that a good few had a rant at the players but to do so to Johnson was astonishing. I was behind the goal and the vocal majority booed those ranting from the benches above the tunnel. Very pleased to see GJ stand his ground outside the tunnel, would love to know what he said, anyone care to enlighten us?

Guest bristolbred

Very pleased to see GJ stand his ground outside the tunnel, would love to know what he said, anyone care to enlighten us?

I was in the stand, waiting for the exiting crowd to go, when everyone stopped, and those who were sat adjacent to the Chesterfield fans started having a go at Johnson!!

Where i was sat, goal side of the stand, there were three blokes, one of which spent 90 mins slagging off our players, even when we had a good first half!! (IMHO).

Saw GJ's hands, it was like Ray Winstone saying, "Come down here if you think you could do any better!"

But i don't feel that the Stewards would of allowed that!!!

Talking of which, i thought that the Policing and Stewarding at the Saltairegate was great!!

Never got told off once for standing in the stand!!

:farmer::city::farmer:

Ive just got back didnt give any verbals at end but wasnt willing to applaud them today ,,,Fkin awful it was

Me too, I don't believe in booing the players, especially when we doing poor as it is. The last thng the players need to hear when their confidence is low, is booing at other verbal abuse. I normally applaud the players off, however last night I didn't bother, just left the ground feeling very P#ssed off, after yet another poor display

:grr:

Archived