IGNORED

Urban Legend Number 1

Guest Dorito

A popular shaggy dog story round these parts, much repeated on this forum is - City have the best squad in the division/easily good enough for promotion. Time to get real on this: it's not true. This is fact as borne out by our current league position. Nobody would have this team top of the division. Ability wise they are OK but mentally they are very weak. Some of this can be put down to inexperience but our players just don't have that special quality that allows them to dominate a game.

Some people on this forum are now using this myth to beat the current manager over the head. This is just not fair. As far as I am concerned home performances have improved 20% since GJ took over. Away we struggle as our mental weakness is shown up.

In short GJ must be given time to sort things out. So far he has only been able to make short term loan signings in an attempt to shore things up. If we are in this position at XMas next year then I may start to think that the appointment is not working. I am confident that this will not be the case. I agree that fans have every right to complain but at the moment it will only serve to undermine the manager and at this point that is unconstructive and unjustified.

Archived