IGNORED

For God's Sake Stop Whining!

Guest Cherrypie

Guest Cherrypie

It really does hack me off to read some of the garbage that is being written in this forum at the moment. We have to be realistic about what we expect of the team this season and with the squad, morale, form and all the associated problems that Gary Johnson inherited from the muppet tinman. Gary cannot be expected to come straight in, wave a magic wand and 'hey presto' the side starts winning. We have a lot of talented but inexperienced youngsters that need time to get used to playing together and that will come. We have injuries to important experienced players that will improve the team when fit. We have a lot of poor players brought into the team under the previous management that we need to ship out but some of these players are going to be on lucrative contarcts and won't be easy to shift. I have no doubts that once we can put out a settled side and given time for Gary's coaching to kick in we will do well. Personally, I think that the best we can hope for this season is mid-table respectability given the present form but looking at the table, this league is so open that a good run of results could lift us into play-off contention in the New Year. When you take a look at the financial difficulties that Swindon and Bournemouth are experiencing and the teams like Southend, Brentford and chesterfield that survive on small gates and no money to spend we could be in a lot worse position. We have a manager that has proved that he has got what it takes to take a non-league side and mould it into a more than decent Division One side on a tight budget and also has the experience of managing an international side. The side needs us to turn up, support it whatever and make some bloody noise on saturday and to show the rest of the Division that we are proud to be Bristol City fans. You can guarantee that Southend will be up for the game big time. They ain't used to playing in a real football ground in front of a big crowd. There is no reason why we can't win and then we can build on the confidence.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Archived