IGNORED

The Remaining Season From Now....

Gilli74

Ok... like most i'm seriously dissapointed on our assult for promotion (thus far)

I've read a majority of threads and posts on the forum and its all quite doom and gloom...

There is a serious lack of passion shown from all the players.. and unfortunately majority of the blame does lie with the players as on paper we should doing considerably better...

however the remains of the season shows that there's still hell of a lot play for...

At present we sit at 20th... 8 points off 6th after 15 games......

there are 31 more games left and 93 points still to play for.....

Our current form is showing 50/50 since GJ took over so if we took half of those points available we should be mid table..... (going by past end of season tables)

If Gj does shake it up in Jan (and it requires hell of a shake up) then a half decent run of good form in the new year can still potentially push us past mid table....

I know all this sounds a bit optimistic with the current form of 0 in 3.... But i'm not ready to throw the towel just yet with so much to play for......

so lets still get down AG on saturday and show them the passion thats so painfully missing on the pitch...

Get behind them and GJ and lets help turn this around.....

( i know this is all a bit happy clapperish but i think in some people a little perspective is required )

Guest Harry Dolman

There is a lot to play for. There's a relegation fight going on.

You have been strangely quiet of late TG - been on your hols ??

You are dead right about the relegation battle, but if we can maintain the 50% of points record under Johnson then we will do ok.

Guest Tactical Genius

You have been strangely quiet of late TG - been on your hols ??

No, just totally disinterested.

After 28 years of active support the present squad and chairman have managed to extinguish the passion I hold for this club.

Guest Harry Dolman

No, just totally disinterested.

After 28 years of active support the present squad and chairman have managed to extinguish the passion I hold for this club.

Thats a shame. Certiantly the actions of the "Corn St 3" have left a lot of fans disenfranchised.

Are you not happy with the appointment of Johnson ? Clearly he's no miracle worker, but given time I feel pretty confident he can do a good job here.

Guest Tactical Genius

Open minded about his abilities at the moment.

I'm yet to be convinced, but having said that it will take him 2 years to sort out the mess he inherited. Just like it did Wilson.

We are now ONE THIRD through the season, and are 20th. Like it or lump it, this is a relegation battle.

Agreed.

Its a battle we won't win on immediate past form, but its a battle that is not yet lost. Streuth, sound almost optimistic.

Face facts, the side needs a kick up the collective backsides to try and turn things around. If GJ can do this, great, if he can't, so be it, he'll probably get binned off within 12 months the way we get through managers. That said I'm not going to call for his head this season: changing managers yet again would help no-one except GJ's bank account with the pay-off.

If we go down, at least go down fighting and showing that it was a lack of ability and not a lack of passion, teamwork or motivation that send us into the pit that is the 4th division.

Archived