IGNORED

Those Missing Players

Bristol Boy

Last night saw us pretty much down to the bare bones.

This 24 man squad thing, with two players for every position is fine, until they're both crap and then the wheels come off that theory, a tad :(

Looking at the squad, I still believe that, if we have our first XI or damn near to it, we'd have a chance of the play offs.

In a 3-4-1-2 formation, I'd pick:

..........................................................PHILLIPS....................................................................................

.................................KEOGH...............HEYWOOD..................PARTRIDGE.............................................

.................BROWN.................WILKSHIRE................RUSSELL..................SMITH.......................................

......................................................STEWART.......................................................................................

..........................BROOKER.............................................QUINN............................................................

SUBS

GK

MURRAY

BRIDGES

FORTUNE

SKUSE

That's 6 changes from last nights starting line up, which probably explains last nights stuffing!!

Let's hope that at least 2 or 3 can start Saturday, because things are looking grim!!

Last night saw us pretty much down to the bare bones.

This 24 man squad thing, with two players for every position is fine, until they're both crap and then the wheels come off that theory, a tad :(

Looking at the squad, I still believe that, if we have our first XI or damn near to it, we'd have a chance of the play offs.

In a 3-4-1-2 formation, I'd pick:

..........................................................PHILLIPS....................................................................................

.................................KEOGH...............HEYWOOD..................PARTRIDGE.............................................

.................BROWN.................WILKSHIRE................RUSSELL..................SMITH.......................................

......................................................STEWART.......................................................................................

..........................BROOKER.............................................QUINN............................................................

SUBS

GK

MURRAY

BRIDGES

FORTUNE

SKUSE

That's 6 changes from last nights starting line up, which probably explains last nights stuffing!!

Let's hope that at least 2 or 3 can start Saturday, because things are looking grim!!

Wouldn't even have Cotterill in your 16?

Wouldn't even have Cotterill in your 16?

Not on current form.

The lad needs a rest and to learn that it's all about END PRODUCT and, for all the flashy tricks, there just isn't much at all.

Wouldn't you start Murray? :disapointed2se:

No I wouldn't.

Murray has improved, of that there is no doubt.

He could ven be a wing back in a 3-5-2 if he could only defend.

As with Cotterill, there is not enough end product and last nights defeat confirmed that.

The other issue with Murray is that you won't see the best of him until we have a passing midfielder to play him in as Tins used to.

Abolutely no pace at all in that team!

No change there then :D

There's very little pace in the squad and ability wins for me over pace.

Madjo's quick and ineffective.So's Cotterill but how many times do you see him outpace anyone?

Not on current form.

The lad needs a rest and to learn that it's all about END PRODUCT and, for all the flashy tricks, there just isn't much at all.

Bristol Boy is very definately not alone in his analysis of Dave Cotterill as a footballer. I've heard many comment on Dave Cotterill's poor final ball after beating opposition players with his fancy tricks only to mess up with a poor pass or limp shot at goal.

Bristol Boy is very definately not alone in his analysis of Dave Cotterill as a footballer. I've heard many comment on Dave Cotterill's poor final ball after beating opposition players with his fancy tricks only to mess up with a poor pass or limp shot at goal.

I can't believe I still waste my time arguing such an obvious point but Cotterill has been as good as anybody this season. Scott Murray hasn't been beating his men let alone getting a ball in, so how is a bad final ball a reason to drop Cott's. He's the only exciting winger/forward we've got and yet people want him dropped. Ridiculous!

I can't believe I still waste my time arguing such an obvious point but Cotterill has been as good as anybody this season. Scott Murray hasn't been beating his men let alone getting a ball in, so how is a bad final ball a reason to drop Cott's. He's the only exciting winger/forward we've got and yet people want him dropped. Ridiculous!

There lies the problem - 'Cotts' has been as good as any BCFC player this season. Scott Murray is a pale shadow of how he was 3 seasons ago. The only player that has consistently shown signs of greatness this season is Steve Phillips in our goal - but he has had a lot to do !!!!!!!

There lies the problem - 'Cotts' has been as good as any BCFC player this season. Scott Murray is a pale shadow of how he was 3 seasons ago. The only player that has consistently shown signs of greatness this season is Steve Phillips in our goal - but he has had a lot to do !!!!!!!

Careful my friend, the anti-Phillips brigade are just as persistent as the anti-Cotterill lot.

Careful my friend, the anti-Phillips brigade are just as persistent as the anti-Cotterill lot.

I'm not anti-Cotterill at all, I'm just disappointed that after all his fine dribbling skills his attacking prowess often comes to nothing when he so often gives the ball away too cheaply via a poor pass or tame shot at goal. Cotterill is one of those anoying players that shows glimmers of greatness but with little final reward for us. Maybe Cotterill will come good next season but at present he's often a liability when he gives the ball away cheaply or fails to tackle and track back quick enough - the same applies to Cole Skuse. Perhaps we're expecting too much too soon from the pair of them. Our midfield is regarded as too lightweight and Cotterill and Skuse are partly responsible for this.

I'm not anti-Cotterill at all, I'm just disappointed that after all his fine dribbling skills his attacking prowess often comes to nothing when he so often gives the ball away too cheaply via a poor pass or tame shot at goal. Cotterill is one of those anoying players that shows glimmers of greatness but with little final reward for us. Maybe Cotterill will come good next season but at present he's often a liability when he gives the ball away cheaply or fails to tackle and track back quick enough - the same applies to Cole Skuse. Perhaps we're expecting too much too soon from the pair of them. Our midfield is regarded as too lightweight and Cotterill and Skuse are partly responsible for this.

Well alot of Man U fans don't like Christiano Ronaldo for the same reasons, and I find that hard to believe too.

You can't drop skill, pace and precocious talent unless it is too be replaced by equal class.

Right I'll shut up about him now!

Well alot of Man U fans don't like Christiano Ronaldo for the same reasons, and I find that hard to believe too.

You can't drop skill, pace and precocious talent unless it is too be replaced by equal class.

Right I'll shut up about him now!

Unfortunately, a thoroughbred's skill and pace often count for nothing in this division especially on a cold and wet mid-week evening when the plodding donkeys rule the muddy pitch.

Red Goblin, it was mentioned in another thread that many players grow another leg on the wetter winter pitches. Stewart performs better at such a time when players are reduced to the same speed, gives him more time to do his thing.

Cotterill, has been in the first half dozen players appearance wise this season, and perhaps that is the key. They are from memory, Phillips, Carey, Cotterill, Skuse, Brown, and Stewart.

Perhaps Skuse and Cotterill may not be deserving of such regular first team selection. If selected however it comes down to the selection process.

Archived