IGNORED

To Cynic, Mrdc And Various Other Whingers

Tunley Legend

The whole crux of your argument to either remove Johnson (after a disastrous 9 points in 6 games compared to 6 points in 9 games by his predecessor) or, and I quote Cynic, "let him have it like Tinnion with bells on" seems to be that most of the fans on this internet forum and some other managers thought we had a good squad (the best in the league ON PAPER you say) therefore we should be walking the league and comfortably thrashing all of the poxy teams in the division who are not fit to even grace us with their presence.

What patronising claptrap that is. If we (and I include myself) THOUGHT that we had a good squad before the season started then I am afraid to say WE WERE ALL WRONG. Titles aren't won "on paper" or by "names". And we have learned that lesson this season the hard way. There were actually one or two people (Tactical Genius comes to mind) who voiced their concerns long before the season started. THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT. We have played 15 games, that is a third of the season and we are 5th from bottom - that is no accident caused by having the best players in the division and a combination of the worst managers. We are exactly where we deserve to be based on the ability, dedication, discipline, pride, bottle, professionalism and overall attitude of our players.

We have conceded 22 goals in 7 league games away from home including 7 in one game. We have conceded 7 goals in two games against a mediocre 4th Division side who could not beat the gas at home on the opening day of the season. How many of those goals have been down to rank bad tactics and how many have been errors from players happy to pick up the pay cheque on a Friday but not so keen to put in a hard shift every week. How many simple passes have gone astray because the team have just gone a goal down and the wheels are coming off. As Johnson himself says, how many of our players (acquired by others before Johnson) are "leaders" and "winners"? How many players do we have who show real guts and fight ON the field?

I honestly believe that if we give this guy 12-18 months of doing things his way we will have our "professional" football club back rather than the current "Sunday pub" set -up - something to think about before you give him the closed knuckle salute next time we lose a game.

The whole crux of your argument to either remove Johnson (after a disastrous 9 points in 6 games compared to 6 points in 9 games by his predecessor) or, and I quote Cynic, "let him have it like Tinnion with bells on" seems to be that most of the fans on this internet forum and some other managers thought we had a good squad (the best in the league ON PAPER you say) therefore we should be walking the league and comfortably thrashing all of the poxy teams in the division who are not fit to even grace us with their presence.

What patronising claptrap that is. If we (and I include myself) THOUGHT that we had a good squad before the season started the I am afraid to say WE WERE ALL WRONG. Titles aren't won "on paper" or by "names". And we have learned that lesson this season the hard way. There were actually one or two people (Tactical Genius comes to mind) who actually voiced their concerns long before the season started. THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT. We have played 15 games, that is a third of the season and we are 5th from bottom - that is no accident caused by having the best players in the division and a combination of the worst managers. We are exactly where we deserve to be based on the ability, dedication, discipline, pride, bottle, professionalism and overall attitude of our players.

We have conceded 22 goals in 7 league games away from home including 7 in one game. We have conceded 7 goals in two games against a mediocre 4th Division side who could not beat the gas at home on the opening day of the season. How many of those goals have been down to rank bad tactics and how many have been errors from players happy to pick up the pay cheque on a Friday but not so keen to put in a hard shift every week. How many simple passes have gone astray because the team have just gone a goal down and the wheels are coming off. As Johnson himself says, how many of our players (acquired by others before Johnson) are "leaders" and "winners"? How many players do we have who show real guts and fight ON the field?

I honestly believe that if we give this guy 12-18 months of doing things his way we will have our "professional" football club back rather than the current "Sunday pub" set -up - something to think about before you give him the closed knuckle salute next time we lose a game.

Well that told 'em. Buy that man a beer

Absolutely spot on. He knows the bad eggs in the camp but cant do anything because of this bloody stupid transfer window being shut down. He clearly doesn't possess the magic wand that alot of people think he should have and once he ships out the losers and gets a proper pre-season then we'll see the benefits. People should get off his back and support him. Nuff said! :city:

What patronising claptrap that is. If we (and I include myself) THOUGHT that we had a good squad before the season started then I am afraid to say WE WERE ALL WRONG. Titles aren't won "on paper" or by "names". And we have learned that lesson this season the hard way. There were actually one or two people (Tactical Genius comes to mind) who voiced their concerns long before the season started. THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT. We have played 15 games, that is a third of the season and we are 5th from bottom - that is no accident caused by having the best players in the division and a combination of the worst managers. We are exactly where we deserve to be based on the ability, dedication, discipline, pride, bottle, professionalism and overall attitude of our players.

Quite agree, cant stand all these moaners, they get right up my nose!

Excellant comment, perhaps we could respond with a minor flesh wound or two, send them in a postal bag to the gas, force them to watch repeats of Coronation st, then lock them in a room with Brooker and Heywood.

Just a thought for the sweet little dears.

gj has got till the end of feb before anyone can realy have a go at him.

once we have offloaded(if anyone will have em)

g smith

j smith

carey(still time for him though)

woodman

bridges

we will see the kind of players that gj can bring in, i just hope were in mid-table by then.

Archived