IGNORED

Pre Season Hype About Best Squad In Division

Mr Mosquito

Just to get a firm grip on reality, the current BCFC squad of players is very far from the Championship material that this club's pre season hype suggested. Well done to the BCFC public relations machine - you're responsible for one of the greatest marketing frauds in this club's history. Sadly the players have been found to be lacking both mentally and physically both on and off the pitch and a lot of long standing and loyal BCFC supporters are becoming enraged.

Brian Tinnion was first to fall to the massive expectations placed upon our lack lustre squad. I just hope that Gary Johnson has the mental stamina to turn this club around as we really are facing a spell down with the Rovers if the situation does not improve. The players' problems may not be so much to do with boozing and their glitzy lifestyle but more to do with them simply not being good enough for poxy olde Div 3. The agents of those players must be laughing all the way to the bank - and at our expense. :angry:

Just to get a firm grip on reality, the current BCFC squad of players is very far from the Championship material that this club's pre season hype suggested. Well done to the BCFC public relations machine - you're responsible for one of the greatest marketing frauds in this club's history. Sadly the players have been found to be lacking both mentally and physically both on and off the pitch and a lot of long standing and loyal BCFC supporters are becoming enraged.

Brian Tinnion was first to fall to the massive expectations placed upon our lack lustre squad. I just hope that Gary Johnson has the mental stamina to turn this club around as we really are facing a spell down with the Rovers if the situation does not improve. The players' problems may not be so much to do with boozing and their glitzy lifestyle but more to do with them simply not being good enough for poxy olde Div 3. The agents of those players must be laughing all the way to the bank - and at our expense. :angry:

I am afraid you will probably get slaughtered for this post - and all because it is a harsh truth that many of our supporters refuse to accept. But whatever they might say, you are telling things exactly as they are. Best squad on paper in this division? Whoever still thinks that is having a laugh!!

Guest essex exile

I am afraid you will probably get slaughtered for this post - and all because it is a harsh truth that many of our supporters refuse to accept. But whatever they might say, you are telling things exactly as they are. Best squad on paper in this division? Whoever still thinks that is having a laugh!!

Far from slaughtered totally in agreement as well the truth is hard to take for some people but the sooner everyone realises the current squad of players are'nt good enough the better :grr::grr::city:

The only "hype" came from you lot as it does every year.

One of your club's biggest problems is it's superiority complex, you've been in this league for years, like the rest of us, you're nothing special.

That's not a dig, that's just how it is.

I notice where it says "supported city since",you have put "alas,no".

Seeing as alas is defined as being an exclamation of grief,I take it that you regret,are sorrowful even, that you don,t support our great club.

Now I understand you for always being on our forum.

As you were.

The table doesn't lie.

My view is that the players have ability and on occasion can raise their game, Brentford away, Barnsley Home and give the inflated impression of their standing in the league. The reality is that the majority of the squad are one in five players i.e play to their potential once every five games.

Coupled with the fact we continually blame the performance issues with a merry go round of strikers rather than examin the problems around the midfield not being able to retain and pass the ball, therefore creating chances. The denfance and goal keeper not being able to defend basic set pieces, which has being going on for 18 months now etc, etc.

Don't blame Gary Johnson, give him a chance. The above has been a problem for the whole of the Wilson and Tinnon time at the club and is a factor in us being in this situation. Johnson will get it right but it will take time and patience something many City fans with some justification have run out of. But what choice do we have, I honeslty believe that January will see some quite drastic action and the transitional year many talked of last season will definately be in place.

I notice where it says "supported city since",you have put "alas,no".

Seeing as alas is defined as being an exclamation of grief,I take it that you regret,are sorrowful even, that you don,t support our great club.

Now I understand you for always being on our forum.

As you were.

Original :city:

The only "hype" came from you lot as it does every year.

One of your club's biggest problems is it's superiority complex, you've been in this league for years, like the rest of us, you're nothing special.

That's not a dig, that's just how it is.

I can only agree with you but you have to understand. Swindon and many others in this divison are run at a fraction of the cost of Bristol City.

Players wages and every day working conditions are better than the majoirty in this divison. This does not guarentee that we should win matches but it does lead to a level of expectation that the club markets to it's fan base evrey close season.

That is why the expectaion of Bristol City fans is exactly the way it is. You can like it ot lump it either way but that is the reality. Swindon Town fans expectations over recent years (may be not now??) has been as high because of your flertation with the Priemership and your club is run on a budget a fraction of what City's is.

Like 'ashtonyate' I'll get slaughtered for the following sentiment as well.........our squad is also made up from academy players that have been sold to us as potential 'superstars'. As well as the agents of our players the other big gainers from our current plight have been those that sold us, and who run, the academy.

In answer to stfc_dave as well, BCFC's marketing machine also fooled the high street bookies who made us second favourites to go up. So to say that the hype is solely from us is nonesense. :whistle:

The current BCFC squad of players is very far from the Championship material. Sadly the players have been found to be lacking both mentally and physically both on and off the pitch and a lot of long standing and loyal BCFC supporters are enraged.

I just hope that Gary Johnson has the mental stamina to turn this club around. The players' problems may not be so much to do with boozing and their glitzy lifestyle but more to do with them simply not being good enough. The agents of those players must be laughing all the way to the bank - and at our expense. :angry:

I have taken the liberty of deleting some of your words to leave only those I thoroughly agree with. And I have highlighted what I believe to be the key sentiment.

Any supporter who cannot stand shoulder-to-shoulder by this manager as he attempts do what needs to be done must need their bumps read, I am heartily sick of hearing the excuses made on behalf of this squad's serial non-achievers.

I have taken the liberty of deleting some of your words to leave only those I thoroughly agree with. And I have highlighted what I believe to be the key sentiment.

Any supporter who cannot stand shoulder-to-shoulder by this manager as he attempts do what needs to be done must need their bumps read, I am heartily sick of hearing the excuses made on behalf of this squad's serial non-achievers.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the BCFC academy then. :farmer:

I just hope that Gary Johnson has the mental stamina to turn this club around.

.....we're in a situation where we have a manager of undoubted quality with one arm tied behind his back with regard to him not being able to sign the players needed until January.

Guest ashtonyate

I posted at the time "Lawnsdown & Tinnion shut up saying", we need to give them time to gel and got a lot of stick for it, I seen enough of Football to know you can never be sure of anything and more so if City are invovled in it

you've been in this league for years, like the rest of us

Some of us seem to be heading for the exit though :farmer:

I sort of agree with what you say. But in addition to the undeniable fact that we are a big club, a sleeping giant, etc :Sleep12: :Sleep12: , this season was a bit different in that the signings of Stewart and Bridges did look like something special. Let's hope Johnson can somehow manage to get the best out of them.

Archived