IGNORED

John Ward, Benny, Pulis, Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson

Red Sinjen

They have at some stage managed BCFC and achieved ##** all here, oh and have all been appointed and served under the current regime allegedly in charge of our football club!! hmmmm a common denominator??!!!!

Hmmm John Ward got us promoted - the very last manager to do so. John Ward was sacked by the board, he did not walk as was the publicised rumour at the time. As for the other managers mentioned, Danny Wilson acheived the minimum given his Premiership experience, Tinman was out of his depth and fell on his sword, the likeable Benny was the right manager/coach at the wrong time. Apart from the appointment of John Ward the others were very poor choices. :farmer:

Just noticed you've included Gary Johnson !!!!! - an inspired choice.

I get the general drift of Red Sinjen's thinking - poor leadership/decision making at board level.

Ward won automatic promotion.

Wilson won the LDV Vans Trophy.

Gary Johnson should obviously have won the Champions League by now but hasn't.

Scott Davison appointed Benny, foolishly in my opinion. Pulis was appointed over Peter Taylor, not the best decision. Tinnion was appointed at great risk.

They have at some stage managed BCFC and achieved ##** all here, oh and have all been appointed and served under the current regime allegedly in charge of our football club!! hmmmm a common denominator??!!!!

Too right. They have all been in charge of the mighty Bristol City. Even my cat could have got them promoted. Twice.

I blame the board. They stupidly overlooked rule 37b of the Coca Cola league, which says that any team whose name begins with "B" and ends with "ristol City" can claim a bonus of 20 points at the start of each season. Because they're worth it. But the board just didn't get the letter in the post in time :grr:

All John Ward achieved was a play-off place then promotion. Benny was dropped in it and, even though we were relegated, somehow it seemed fun at the time :D . Wilson got us challenging for the play-offs for two years, then into the play-offs for two more years. Tinnion got us really quite close to the play-offs.

Meanwhile, we have stood by helplessly as our near neighbours have whizzed past us to the very extremities of the Football League.

Guest DrFaustus

Meanwhile, we have stood by helplessly as our near neighbours have whizzed past us to the very extremities of the Football League.

Ha ha :D Unfortunately, we whizzed the wrong way! I never did trust speed in my yoof.

johnson has been here 2 minutes!! there is just no pleasing some people, this isnt going to just turn out all smelling of roses, this mess is going to take some time to rectify :city:

To be honest, I can't fathom why supporters are directing criticism at Gary Johnson already. Gary Johnson really has landed in a viper's nest with regard to an inadequate squad of players and far too much expectation from the fans given the mess we're currently in. Remember, Gary Johnson had to deal with the subversive players only 2 weeks ago after their infamous night on the town.

only two promos with Yeovil. I suppose that doesn't count. Unless you are expecting him to have won something already at the City. :rofl2br:

No I'm not, but I take it the topic-starter did.

you really do have a problem if you think Gary Johnson can turn you into promotion contenders after 8 games!!!!!For gods sake give your team and GJ a chance,he will need at least till the end of the season as he cant ship out/bring in anyone until January.If you are not in the top 6 by May i will be very suprised.

what price a benny running the acadamy, you cant help but think he would be fantastic and would churn some class players out.

ward, mmm, good in this division but innept in the division above, and lets face it, playing pretty dreadfull football(apart from bolton), weird you pointed out that under benny it was enjoyable, ive never been able to put me finger on what it was about bennys time, nail ,head and on spring to mind.

Archived