IGNORED

Team V Southend

Bristol Boy

Barring loan signings and people rising like Lazurus from their sick beds, I reckon this will be the team on Saturday

....................................................................PHILLIPS..........................................................................

ORR..............................SANKOFA................................PARTRIDGE........................FORTUNE....................

MURRAY........................WILKSHIRE.............................SKUSE................................BROWN.....................

.....................................STEWART................................QUINN..............................................................

SUBS

GK

COTTERILL

SMITH G

BRIDGES

KEOGH

I'd go

............................................................PHILLIPS.................................................................................

............................SANKOFA..................KEOGH......................PARTRIDGE..............................................

ORR......................BROWN....................WILKSHIRE................SMITH G.......................WOODMAN.............

........................................STEWART.......................QUINN....................................................................

SUBS

MURRAY

SKUSE

GK

MADJO

COTTERILL

With Heywood, Brooker & Russell still out there's no easy solution so I'd just go a bit more solid play the extra defender and hope that we get a goal or tow up, because if they score first the best we can hope for is a draw. :(

I'm worried. Despite our good home record under GJ, I can see Southend coming and doing what numerous teams have done to us at AG and snatch a 1-0 win. Hartlepool, Brighton, Rotherham - they'll be like that. Goater as their talisman, a strong defence, a confident side thats already won 4 times on the road this season.

Versus our injury hit side, low on confidence, another crap crowd with undoubtedly a poor atmosphere. Haven't performed at all since the 3 clowns got arrested. Fortune probably back in the side.

It all points to another dissappointing and frustrating afternoon for me.

You wanna see mine? Team that is...

...........................................................PHILLIPS..................................................................................

............................SANKOFA...............PARTRIDGE........FORTUNE......................................

...........................................................BROWN......................................................................................

.....ORR...............................WILKSHIRE....................SKUSE.......................................SMITH G.............

...........................................STEWART......................QUINN....................................................................

Meaning we can easily slip to a 4-4-2 with Orr playing right back when Southend on the attack.

Please, Can Quinn please mark Goater at set pieces?!

Guest Harry Dolman

Barring loan signings and people rising like Lazurus from their sick beds, I reckon this will be the team on Saturday

....................................................................PHILLIPS..........................................................................

ORR..............................SANKOFA................................PARTRIDGE........................FORTUNE....................

MURRAY........................WILKSHIRE.............................SKUSE................................BROWN.....................

.....................................STEWART................................QUINN..............................................................

SUBS

GK

COTTERILL

SMITH G

BRIDGES

KEOGH

I'd go

............................................................PHILLIPS.................................................................................

............................SANKOFA..................KEOGH......................PARTRIDGE..............................................

ORR......................BROWN....................WILKSHIRE................SMITH G.......................WOODMAN.............

........................................STEWART.......................QUINN....................................................................

SUBS

MURRAY

SKUSE

GK

MADJO

COTTERILL

With Heywood, Brooker & Russell still out there's no easy solution so I'd just go a bit more solid play the extra defender and hope that we get a goal or tow up, because if they score first the best we can hope for is a draw. :(

I don't think Grant Smith is "athletic" enough for Johnson & wouldn't be at all surprised to see him out come Jan.

Stewart & Quinn upfront is ok - but we need decent crosses coming in. Woodman is better going forward than Clayton, but weaker defensively.

I reckon the opening 20 mins is crucial - if we score I can see us getting a decent victory - if its still 0-0 (or worse) the confidence will ebb away till they score when it will evaporate!

SUBS

GK

COTTERILL

SMITH G

BRIDGES

KEOGH

I'd go

SUBS

MURRAY

SKUSE

GK

MADJO

COTTERILL

Congratulations, you can now add to your list of awards - The slowest Bristol City XI in history - Imagine all thoose long balls we could play with this team (we can now choose from 9 players to lump the ball upto Quinn), simply magnificent.

My team:

GK: Phillips

CB: Partridge

CB: Keogh

CB: Sankofa

LM: Scott Goldbourne (if fit)

CM: Scott Brown

CM: Luke Wilkshire

CM: Grant Smith

RM: Scott Murray

ST: Elliot Benyon

ST: James Quinn

..................................................phillips......................................................

...........sankofa...................partridge.............................keough...............

.........................................orr..............................................................

.murrey..............wilks....................brown....................coterill.................

.................................stewart.......................quinny................................

Archived