IGNORED

We Need Players With Fight

icamanicity

would`nt it be good if the players showed that they can fight for the cause on the pitch and also show us that they got some bottle, we could then go to town and get some results, i could make a fortune everytime i hear of city fans getting hit, with bad results, am i being a bit cryptic, cheers then. what do u all think?

I would have thought we've got enough players with 'fight' (allegedly)

It depends what you mean by fight I suppose. If fight means taking on nightclub bouncers and having the crap beaten out of you then our players have it in abundance.

However, if "fight" means going a goal down, rolling up your sleeves, running that extra few yards to make an important tackle, still making your passes with time running out then as a club we possess hardly any of that.

I think the words are more like PASSION COMMITMENT and 100 PERCENTE. If I don't achieve that in my job I don't get a bonus. So why doesnt this work for the players? Brentford use this and maybe the reason why they got in the play-offs cos they had something to play for(extra bons). Our players just seem to come to work then go home they forget about the people who count most THE FANS. :(

It depends what you mean by fight I suppose. If fight means taking on nightclub bouncers and having the crap beaten out of you then our players have it in abundance.

However, if "fight" means going a goal down, rolling up your sleeves, running that extra few yards to make an important tackle, still making your passes with time running out then as a club we possess hardly any of that.

I thought Woodman and Orr made an effort in that direction today. Scott Brown usually tries his hardest (although he was quiet today)

But I think (being serious here for a minute) that the important thing is not just 11 players racing around the pitch, flying into tackles everywhere. What we need most of all is a player (or players) who can put his foot on the ball and direct the team - like Tinnion used to do.

Southend won today partly because of their excellent front two. But they also won because they didnt panic, they calmly moved the ball around the pitch. While we were trying mazey runs, clever through balls and flick-ons, they were passing it about in sensible triangles and letting goater lay it off to midfielders moving forward. Simple but effective.

Until we find some leadership and control in the middle of the park we are going to struggle - even if we have eleven scott browns.

Archived