IGNORED

Johnson Without Henderson Is Like....

headhunter

Just a thought, but how much of Johnson's success was derived from his partnership with Steve Henderson his assistant at Yeovil and now full time boss ?

One could argue that yet again City took the cheap option of securing Johnson alone rather than make a play for Henderson there and then and in so doing hire a double act.

Henderson became caretaker at Yeovil for less than 2 weeks before being offered the job.

On Talk Radio this morning the comment was made that Man U's decline could be said to go back to when McClaren left as Fergie's - they won the treble in 99 when he was there.

I have no problem with Johnson but it bothers me when I still see Millen by the dugout and really have to question his continuance in his role - he's the defensive coach for goodness sake , and therfore must take some of the blame for a shambles that is letting in 2 goals per game.

We've no chance of getting Henderson now but letting Millen go couldn't amke things worse could it ; Osman would be a better defensive coach, look how he "saved" the Gas 18 months ago !!!

You should remember that Thompson was caretaker for Yeovil for six months several years ago and was less than a success that's why Gary Johnson was appointed.

It seems to me he completed his aprentership under Johnson and therefore in my view this thread is a little off the mark. Plus when ever I have heard Thompson intervied on Radio Briz he has nothing but complements to say about his former boss.

Archived