IGNORED

Gary Johnsons Comments

Andy082005

"I just dropped a hand grenade in the dressing room and found out about one or two players as a result"

what do you think this means? maybe a couple of players let their feelings known to, finally revealing their true characters maybe??

Clearly.

Some people might find Johnson's criticism of the players a bit startling. I think the reason he's being harsh is because he knows that so far this season the 'I back the players 100%' approach hasn't worked one bit.

He seems to feel that this group of players need to be scared into playing better, simply because nothing else has worked. When they start performing, he would then, I'd imagine, take a softer approach.

It's like the phrase 'softly softly, catch a monkey'.

I could catch a monkey. If I was starving, I could.

I'd mark poison darts off of the poison of deadly frogs. 1mg of that could kill a monkey.

Or a man.

One pr!ck of that, you'll be dead within a day.

Or longer.

Different frogs, different times.

I'd mark poison darts off of the poison of deadly frogs. 1mg of that could kill a monkey.

Or a man.

Or longer.

Just what I was thinking........... :blink::blink::blink:

Clearly.

Some people might find Johnson's criticism of the players a bit startling. I think the reason he's being harsh is because he knows that so far this season the 'I back the players 100%' approach hasn't worked one bit.

He seems to feel that this group of players need to be scared into playing better, simply because nothing else has worked. When they start performing, he would then, I'd imagine, take a softer approach.

I don't find it startling, I just think we've been down this road before with Tinnion and look where that got him.

As he (GJ) is the manager and I'm not, I can only bow to his greater experience and wisdom in these matters. If he feels it's the only way to motivate the team then so be it but I'm still uneasy about naming particular players as being at fault.

Time will obviously tell if it is the right approach.

Or a man.

Or longer.

Gazareth, you've gotta stop licking those toads.

As he (GJ) is the manager and I'm not, I can only bow to his greater experience and wisdom in these matters. If he feels it's the only way to motivate the team then so be it but I'm still uneasy about naming particular players as being at fault.

He didn't name any players, other that saying that Phillips was at fault for the first goal. I think it's acceptable to point out something as obvious as that.

I think Tinnion did a lot of 'I back the players, we'll get it right' leading up to that Swansea game. They let him down, and I think we're all worried that they'll let GJ down. He knows this and won't allow it to happen...I think.

He didn't name any players, other that saying that Phillips was at fault for the first goal. I think it's acceptable to point out something as obvious as that.

I think Tinnion did a lot of 'I back the players, we'll get it right' leading up to that Swansea game. They let him down, and I think we're all worried that they'll let GJ down. He knows this and won't allow it to happen...I think.

You could well be right at least I hope you are. On another of your points on a different thread about Alex Ferguson and the fear factor, I must admit I hadn't thought about it like that. Maybe that's why he didn't point out Skuse's mistake in getting robbed which led to the shot that led to the goal. Horses for courses and all that.

Again, I hope you're right.

You could well be right at least I hope you are. On another of your points on a different thread about Alex Ferguson and the fear factor, I must admit I hadn't thought about it like that. Maybe that's why he didn't point out Skuse's mistake in getting robbed which led to the shot that led to the goal. Horses for courses and all that.

Again, I hope you're right.

Me too! I don't know any more than you, but there is a logic to his behaviour if you think about it.

I'm interested to see which players react to it best.

Archived