IGNORED

Cole Skuse

AllTimeRed

I have noticed a few people having a dig at phillps for the first goal but it was cole skuse who lost the ball 60 yards up the pitch when he could have give an easy pass to brown which led to the southend player running half the pitch before having a shot which phillps admittedly fumbled but if it wasn't for skuse losing that ball we would not have been in trouble.

I have noticed a few people having a dig at phillps for the first goal but it was cole skuse who lost the ball 60 yards up the pitch when he could have give an easy pass to brown which led to the southend player running half the pitch before having a shot which phillps admittedly fumbled but if it wasn't for skuse losing that ball we would not have been in trouble.

Agree - Skuse is not up to scratch at the moment - I can't understand why GJ sticks with him?

Admittedly I'm biased because I know Skuse personally, but the general consenus was that he was fouled, in which case it was hardly his fault he lost the ball. Not sure slagging off a 19 year old is going to be much benefit either.

Admittedly I'm biased because I know Skuse personally, but the general consenus was that he was fouled, in which case it was hardly his fault he lost the ball. Not sure slagging off a 19 year old is going to be much benefit either.

I don't think it is slagging off - I just don't think has has played well at all - he is knocked off the ball too easily, wants a little too long to get the ball under control and always seems to want to pass backwards instead of creating something. I hope he proves to be as good as people say he will be - but he is young and needs protection and is not really going to get that at the moment - I would "rest" him

I agree he was fouled and that slagging him off won't do any good but nor will playing too many games, which is what he's doing at the moment. It's time to rest him and give others a chance to prove themselves before its too late.

I don't think it is slagging off - I just don't think has has played well at all - he is knocked off the ball too easily, wants a little too long to get the ball under control and always seems to want to pass backwards instead of creating something. I hope he proves to be as good as people say he will be - but he is young and needs protection and is not really going to get that at the moment - I would "rest" him

I agree he needs a rest and isn't quite good enough at the moment, but this thread is pointless, it'll only serve to reduce his confidence if he reads it

I agree with the poster and blame the goal on Skuse, as I stated in an earlier post.

Yes, Phillips fumbled the ball, but he was trying to save a point blank shot from about 8 yards! There aren't many Premiership keepers that would have held on to that.

Skuse was dispossessed in the centre circle when the rest of the team were piling forward looking to attack - his mistake left us wide open. He was too slow in passing the ball and did what he usually does - sat on his backside, looking bewildered and hoping for a foul.

I think Skuse is currently over-rated and shouldn't make the side at all. I would like to see, perhaps Smith (G) or maybe even Fortune performing a holding role just in front the back four to give them some protection.

Guest ashtonyate

Its unfare to blame the young players they should not be in the team in that numbers,we have a fight on our hands you need more experance men to get us out of this mess not young boys

I agree with the poster and blame the goal on Skuse, as I stated in an earlier post.

Yes, Phillips fumbled the ball, but he was trying to save a point blank shot from about 8 yards! There aren't many Premiership keepers that would have held on to that.

Skuse was dispossessed in the centre circle when the rest of the team were piling forward looking to attack - his mistake left us wide open. He was too slow in passing the ball and did what he usually does - sat on his backside, looking bewildered and hoping for a foul.

I think Skuse is currently over-rated and shouldn't make the side at all. I would like to see, perhaps Smith (G) or maybe even Fortune performing a holding role just in front the back four to give them some protection.

8 yards out?!

I thought it was more like 20 yards, and it was a dreadful mistake by Phillips.

Maybe I was seeing things. :unsure:

For all the "affect the game" gumph that GJ comes out with I'm amazed he sticks with Skuse.

Sure, he will be a great player in time and we need to keep him at AG, but currently he is not doing the job we need.

How exactly does he affect the game? Any game in recent memory?

Cannot understand how Grant Smith (proven he can get goals from midfield in this league and has shown he has strength and aerial ability) does not get a decent runout.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\yep i would go with that, all Skuse needs is a rest

To me Skuse reminds me of Kevin Langan, has the ability but was too lightweight :( I lost count the number of times Skuse and Cotrill lost possesion on Saturday we need some one who can calm play down by slowing the ball down when we need to. Also a ball winner like the Doc cause we back off of midfield runners as illistrated when Eastwood got his third

8 yards out?!

I thought it was more like 20 yards, and it was a dreadful mistake by Phillips.

Maybe I was seeing things. :unsure:

No, you weren't.

That's twice simplyred has got it wrong now. In an earlier thread he said it was a 1 on 1 situation as well.

I can only presume simplyred got confused while listening to the game on the radio as he can't have been there.

Archived