IGNORED

Were Southend United Really 3 Goals Better Than Us?

GeoTheCiderHead

They looked a better team yes, but not 3 goals better. It was the same old story, they had 3 shots on target and they all went in, despite having a fair bit of posession we had no shots on target, and unless you do that you don't score and if you don't score you can't win.

We had 9 shots on target actually, but fair play to Southend for taking their chances. 1 goal from an individual mistake, 1 from the usual corner and 1 amazing strike was the only difference between the teams.

We had 9 shots on target actually, but fair play to Southend for taking their chances. 1 goal from an individual mistake, 1 from the usual corner and 1 amazing strike was the only difference between the teams.

I must have been asleep then as I can't remember their goalie doing much apart from plucking crosses out of the air. However you look at it losing 3-0 at home is p1ss poor.

I must have been asleep then as I can't remember their goalie doing much apart from plucking crosses out of the air. However you look at it losing 3-0 at home is p1ss poor.

Of course its bad, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Do you honestly think they merited 3 0? We had more shots on and off target, more possession and more corners. Sometimes you don't get the luck when your struggling

Guest fatherdougal

I remember last season when Luton and Wednesday rolled us over, they did at least have a touch of class about them. I can't honestly say the same about Southend. Where we were weak, naive and careless, they took full advantage of it but they aren't a team that will stick in my mind. Eastwood's third strike was impressive, but our midfield parted like the Red sea while he lined it up. Strange days at Ashton Gate.

Archived