IGNORED

Steve L's Response Ref Atmosphere

Uncle Ern

Just an example to counter your argument;

If say someone fell and was injured because they were stood up for a large majority of the game, would passion and tradition make it ok?

Now I know this is not what you are saying BUT there are countless, reasonable explanations for why rules are there and the majority is to keep us fans safe.

if i was getting a cup of tea and fell down the steps landing on my head and then getting hit in the left eye by a lump of mud that just came from the pitch ,would passion and tradition make it ok?? or should i have been coming down the steps the way my mum always told me too on my bum?

All seater stadia were made compulsory to ensure that there will never again be a Hillsborough or Heysel tragedy ever again. Surely nobody can argue against that?

But they're only compulsory in the Premiership...

Doncaster, Brentford and even Yeovil still have terracing in the away ends, from what I personally know.

How many other Football League (e.g Championship, League One and League Two) clubs still have terracing? Worth a thought. I bet they don't get much problems with them either...

A very thoughtful and intelligent post there Elvis. Your 'rant' clearly explains in everyday language what most of us believe to be most wrong at BCFC these days. Handing over the East End to away fans and banning us from there was a real kick in the teeth for the long standing BCFC supporters that remember the East End culture.

Given that the songs sung about the east end seem to revolve around fighting with objects normally bought from B&Q I can understand why they want to keep the east end away fans only.

Given that the songs sung about the east end seem to revolve around fighting with objects normally bought from B&Q I can understand why they want to keep the east end away fans only.

oh come on, you got more chance of seeing a ghost in the eastend than ever chasing a gas head

with a b&q item :rofl2br:

As for the East End there is no evidence that it will attract more people to the ground. In short it attracts trouble makers and creates potentially more problems for the club.

We do more readin` on this forum than what we do postin` but we were standin` on the

East End way back in 1955 when City last won a championship. We have never caused any

trouble in the 40 years we were goin` in thur. We have lost ole respect for our Chairman after

that comment!

As for the East End there is no evidence that it will attract more people to the ground. In short it attracts trouble makers and creates potentially more problems for the club.

We do more readin` on this forum than what we do postin` but we were standin` on the

East End way back in 1955 when City last won a championship. We have never caused any

trouble in the 40 years we were goin` in thur. We have lost ole respect for our Chairman after

that comment!

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez: The Gliders have spoken now they have to listen :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

that comment!

well if you let kids in for £1 ie: chesterfield on sky last season then what does he expect.

if it was season ticket holders only then i can't see a problem, at least it would not be annoying

others who are supposed to be complaining about g-block if fans were allowed to go in the eastend.

I went to chesterfield on the wednesday night and was impressed by city sat almost next to

chesterfield fans in the stand, i was also impressed by the chesterfields home support behined

their goal, same as i was with southend in the eastend saturday, now that is all we want a singing atmosphere behined any goal....

we are city fans, life of this club, why are we being put 2nd best to away fans, ok southend beat us but we want

the dignity to support our team in defeat, it's not about the players it is about the name of bristol city.

i think Steve L is entitled to run the club as best as he sees fit, after all, its his ass thats in the shredder if someone gets hurt or whatever due to standing, however improbable it may be.

Steve has put a hell of a lot of his own time and effort and even moreso money into making the club a success, and has every right to run the club the way he sees fit.

Steve has not made any drastic errors, he took a risk in appointing Tinnion, one which didnt pay off, but id guess we'd all be laughing if we had won the league by a mile.

Stop slagging him off and show some support for your club and for your chairman.

So lifelong City supporters are allowed no input about the running of OUR club?

And how about all the money, we the Fans have put into this club over the years?

Drastic..............Tinnion !

But my friend this is the point, people are not slagging him off, they are asking a reasonable question about opening the East End for home support, and not just leaving it there for away support, Explain to me please why the East End was used for so many years by City fans, myself included, why they cannot support the club from that End, but away fans can ????

The reason we were outsung by the Southend fans is because they beat us convincingly.

Well if that is the case, how did we manage to make so much noise at oldham when they were beating us so convincingly??? Noise which quite a few of their fans remarked on on different internet forums!!

Maybe the attitude of the oldham stewards helped, laughing and joking with us, and not intent on being jobsworths!!!

Well if that is the case, how did we manage to make so much noise at oldham when they were beating us so convincingly??? Noise which quite a few of their fans remarked on on different internet forums!!

Maybe the attitude of the oldham stewards helped, laughing and joking with us, and not intent on being jobsworths!!!

If only the club would give us a section of the East End and designate it as a singing and swearing tolerance area then most of the issues stated in this thread would be solved. ;)

So lifelong City supporters are allowed no input about the running of OUR club?

And how about all the money, we the Fans have put into this club over the years?

Drastic..............Tinnion !

But my friend this is the point, people are not slagging him off, they are asking a reasonable question about opening the East End for home support, and not just leaving it there for away support, Explain to me please why the East End was used for so many years by City fans, myself included, why they cannot support the club from that End, but away fans can ????

Apologies, this post was with reference not only to this thread but all those aimed at blaming Landsdown for this mess, and moreso for those calling for his head etc, i saw little point in posting it in every thread about our chairman, seemed appropriate as to the original post in this thread. i have no objection to the East End being used.

If only the club would give us a section of the East End and designate it as a singing and swearing tolerance area then most of the issues stated in this thread would be solved. ;)

"to much hassle" :disapointed2se::grr::grr::grr:

I will use your post to comment on the East End as well.

The reason we were outsung by the Southend fans is because they beat us convincingly.

It is ridiculous to suggest that we don't want a good atmosphere at the Gate and when we are winning we get it. That is what we have to put right.

I was certainly not ashamed by the support yesterday , far from it , I only feel ashamed they had nothing to cheer.

As for the East End there is no evidence that it will attract more people to the ground. In short it attracts trouble makers and creates potentially more problems for the club. As we have done in the past we shall use the area when capacity constraints dictate, other than that it will used for community purposes and away fans only.

Steve.

The fact i think the Board are missing is that the so called die hard fans are not trouble makers!!

Never have been, Never will be!!

It's the Chav wannabees' who have read and heard stories about the late 70's and early 80's, they are bored, can't think for themselves, want to be bigger than they are!! and think they are some sort of "firm" who can do what they like!!.

Open the East End, allow the fans to use it, and those same fans are sensible to police it themselves!!.

The true fans who want to recreate the atmosphere which made us all proud of this club won't stand for trouble maker's and those who want to tarnish the good name of the club!!.

We ALL have the best interest of the Club at heart!!

Otherwise we wouldn't waste valuble time posting threads and replies!!

So let's all start singing from the same hymn book, before the Club starts on a downward spiral!!

:farmer::farmer::city::city:;):englandsmile4wf:

We're bloody doomed!! The Gate has passed the library stage, and is now headed for the Morgue stage.

Is it any coincidence that Citys on field performances have been worsening, ans the Gate, became first the library, and now the Morgue-just like the Dung fer Gods sake, and THEY are shayte fans shayte town!!!

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

that comment!

Are you a listening Steve?? Steve??

Archived