IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Paul Hudd

Having watched the reserves a lot last season, I think Cole Skuse would be better served as a defender in the current team. Anyone agree/disagree with me? He was superb at left-back and in central defence.

I really do not think he is playing in his best position at the moment............................

Also, I think Dave Cotterill should be playing on the left hand side of midfield? Scott Murray was one of our better players on Saturday and should keep his place on the right side of midfield.

Having watched the reserves a lot last season, I think Cole Skuse would be better served as a defender in the current team. Anyone agree/disagree with me? He was superb at left-back and in central defence.

I really do not think he is playing in his best position at the moment............................

Also, I think Dave Cotterill should be playing on the left hand side of midfield? Scott Murray was one of our better players on Saturday and should keep his place on the right side of midfield.

I think he might be too light weight to play at centre back for the first team, but left back is a possibility, would he be comfortable playing there though?

I think he might be too light weight to play at centre back for the first team, but left back is a possibility, would he be comfortable playing there though?

He'd be very good as a sweeper behind a more solid pair of defenders (e.g. Heywood and Partridge). He's very composed and good on the ball, and always seems to have a lot more time than he should.

That said, a relegation battle is no time to be messing about with things like sweepers, so it might be necessary to simply rest him for a while and try to bring him on again once the team is doing a bit better.

He'd be very good as a sweeper behind a more solid pair of defenders (e.g. Heywood and Partridge). He's very composed and good on the ball, and always seems to have a lot more time than he should.

That said, a relegation battle is no time to be messing about with things like sweepers, so it might be necessary to simply rest him for a while and try to bring him on again once the team is doing a bit better.

Yes sweeper may suit him, but as you say theres no way we should be playing 5 at the back, especially at this stage in the season.

Guest Eagle Eye

As good a player I think that he may eventually develop into, I actually think that he is one of the root causes of all of our problems at the moment.

Games are won and lost in midfield and quite simply we are losing the midfield battle at the moment.

I think he is more culpable than Wilkshire too as I think that Wilkshire is actually creating things and therefore fulfilling a large part of his role as an attacking midfielder. Skuse may seem to give 100%, but he offers absolutely no protection to the back four which is his main role.

Don't get me wrong - he has put in a few good performances this season, however they have been all too rare and his 100% effort is no substitute for actually getting the job done.

He was bullied out of the game on Saturday by a couple of average looking midfielders and was really at fault for the first and probably the third goal (I think Eastwood had far too much room in front of the back 4 to get his shot in).

We need an experienced energetic battler in alongside Wilkshire (easier said than done I know). We have no-one at the club who fits into that bracket at the moment (nearest being Scott Brown who is an energetic battler with no experience), so until we find someone of that nature, I will continue to worry about our fortunes.

As for Cole Skuse - he is not ready for the first team yet, certainly not in the centre mid holding role anyway.

in a confident , successful team i think Cole would be fine playing alonside some grown ups and i think he will be a crackin player, but at the moment ( as has bin said elsewhere) in the position we are in he looks like a boy doing a mans job and thats no way a critisism of him just a he is part of a lightwieght midfield inherited from Tinns.

Ditto Scott Brown, another crackin little player.

For me, Skuse has been thrust in to the limelight to early. He's still very young and should have been eased into the team with the aid of some model pro's. But the time has come for him to be rested purely because he's not got enough about him to play central midfield. He doesn't look like the aggressive type and that's something that really needs addressing pretty damn soon if we're to pull away from the mire.

Guest roejowland

yes skuse isn't ready for first team football yet.

shame it took most people a whole year to notice it.

and some fans wonder why lansdown and managers don't listen to us ... omg

Archived