IGNORED

Nba Basketball - Any Fans ?

Boxing Kangaroo

Anybody on here follow the NBA ?? If so, which team do you follow ??

I'm a New York Knicks fan, I'm hoping that the Knicks will scrape into the play-offs this season on the back of Larry Brown's coaching and some interesting off-season acquisitions (Quentin Richardson, Eddy Curry, Jerome James and a few decent draft picks). Overall I think that the San Antonio Spurs will repeat as Champions but anyone of the Heat, Pistons or Pacers from the Eastern Conference could run them close.

The new season starts tonight, Channel 5 have the Spurs-Denver Nuggets game on live at around 2am. Should be a cracking game between 2 very good teams.

I'm not a huge fan, but hey I used to hate american football and baseball so I'm going to give it a chance this year! C'mon the Celtics!! :chant6ez:

Give the NBA a shot Stu. It's much more exciting to watch than either the NFL or MLB. Tonight's game will be well worth watching, the Spurs are reigning champions and have strengthened their squad in the off-season. Denver is a very good, up and coming team who I expect to have a good season and to win their division. Also, the game is in San Antonio so we might get to see the lovely Eva Longoria sat courtside watching her man Tony Parker in action for the Spurs.

Not sure about your choice of teams though - I don't think the Celtics will do too well this season. They've got a very young, inexperienced squad and their best player (Paul Pierce) will probably get traded away at some point in the season.

Go Knicks !!

Not sure about your choice of teams though - I don't think the Celtics will do too well this season. They've got a very young, inexperienced squad and their best player (Paul Pierce) will probably get traded away at some point in the season.

If I choose my teams soley on how good they are then I'd have picked some very different teams than the ones I have (see below) - I prefer to make my choices on things such as team colours, locations, history, character etc. I chose the Sox because they hadn't won for so long and the clubhouse had character. I chose the Jets because they were the first team I played as on Madden and they had a cool team colours. I chose the Sharks soley because I watched them in the play-offs and Jonathon Cheechoo has a cool name. And I chose the Celtics because they hail from the same city as the Sox and play in the same colours as the Jets!

Logical eh? :D

If I choose my teams soley on how good they are then I'd have picked some very different teams than the ones I have (see below) - I prefer to make my choices on things such as team colours, locations, history, character etc. I chose the Sox because they hadn't won for so long and the clubhouse had character. I chose the Jets because they were the first team I played as on Madden and they had a cool team colours. I chose the Sharks soley because I watched them in the play-offs and Jonathon Cheechoo has a cool name. And I chose the Celtics because they hail from the same city as the Sox and play in the same colours as the Jets!

Logical eh? :D

Makes perfect sense to me. I follow the NY Knicks because a mate of mine got me a John Starks vest (he used to play for the Knicks in the early to mid-1990's) when he visited New York and so I started following them. I follow the NY Rangers in the NHL for the sole reason that they play at Madison Square Garden like the Knicks. In the NFL I follow the Patriots because a family member got me a Patriots cap on a business trip to Boston. As for the MLB I follow the Braves because I had a Chipper Jones rookie trading card and they were a decent team when I first got into baseball.

Archived