IGNORED

Michael Bridges

tin

Why is it that everyone on here seems dead against Bridges? Personally, when the lad has come on, I think he's looked a damn sight more threatening than Stewart and that Bridges-Brooker partnership has got potential but it seems everyone wants him out when he ain't even had a fair crack of the whip! :dunno:

Stewie, on the other hand, has had countless chances but nearly everyone on here says keep him... even though he's 30+ and done nothing to justify his wages let alone squad inclusion :dunno:

Be interested to hear why people don't like Bridges cos I don't get it when that lad ain't had a fair chance... :dunno:

Bridges hasn't had a decent run. I think he is a good player. Unfortunatly we have to many good forwards at the club and can't play them all. Plus we still don't know our best combination. Bridges would be in my starting 11 with Brooker. Stewart sub.

Why is it that everyone on here seems dead against Bridges? Personally, when the lad has come on, I think he's looked a damn sight more threatening than Stewart and that Bridges and Brooker have got potential as a partnership but seems everyone wants him out when he aint even had a fair crack of the whip! :dunno:

Stewie, on the other hand, has had countless chances but nearly everyone on here say keep him... even though he's 30+ and done nothing to justify his wages let alone squad inclusion :dunno:

Be interested to hear why people don't like Bridges cos I don't get it when that lad ain't had a fair chance... :dunno:

I think Bridges is a good player," but no one gives him a chance," you say! Surely if he was putting it training GJ would not hesitate to put him in the team. So how come a player who never plays justify his wages? I don't no if Bridges gets on with GJ, but the way the team has been playing he would be straight in for me.

I think Bridges is a good player," but no one gives him a chance," you say! Surely if he was putting it training GJ would not hesitate to put him in the team. So how come a player who never plays justify his wages? I don't no if Bridges gets on with GJ, but the way the team has been playing he would be straight in for me.

Hey, I'm just calling for the guy to get given a run in the team when he's back from his dog-walking injury! Stewart's had far too many chances for my liking and hasn't justified his wages. Give Bridges a chance to justify his and he may just be the player to drag us out of this wretched situation.

Glad to see I got some initial support on this though...

Bridges needs intellegent players around him, without them he is non affective, unfortunatley this particular league is devoid of such players let alone City, the lad would have done much better going to a championship team to rebuild his carrer.

Stewart on the other hand looks finished

Bridges needs intellegent players around him, without them he is non affective, unfortunatley this particular league is devoid of such players let alone City, the lad would have done much better going to a championship team to rebuild his carrer.

Stewart on the other hand looks finished

OK it was only exeter, but stewart and bridges both played and you see the understanding between them and there class.

Bridges hasn't had a decent run. I think he is a good player. Unfortunatly we have to many good forwards at the club and can't play them all. Plus we still don't know our best combination. Bridges would be in my starting 11 with Brooker. Stewart sub.

good forwards....where :unsure:

He has scored one league goal in FIVE years (yet he is supposed to be a striker) and it's November and he's neither match fit yet or available for selection.

A shocking waste of our limited resources.

He'd be first out of the door if it was down to me.

I still stand by what I said when he joined.

It was a gamble and, one way or the other, he would only be here for a season.

If he scored 25 goals and we were promoted, someone would come in and pinch him.

Have the season he's having and he'll be released as to expensive and ineffective.

Here's the problem.

He needs games to get match fit.

We can't give him those games, although, the way it's going, we may as well play him because, as far as I know, you can't score less than nil! :(

I think he's a talented player, but as others have said he needs people on the same wavelength around him and the only one we really have is Stewart and maybe Wilkshire. Other problem is how to fit him in - he's not really a striker, his natural space is in the hole and I don't think GJ fancies that as a formation

This is how I see it:

We've all seen his nice touches when he comes on in the dying minutes of games and some of us think they have seen enough to warrant him a start. Understandable.

Those who want him out of the club are probably mostly concerned by his high wages and lack of passion. Understandable again.

The factor that sways me to the second argument is that neither of our two managers this season, the experts (I use that term loosely!) who see Bridges every day in training, and a number of times in reserve fixtures, and who know his personality and character much better than we do - well they've both left him out the side. They surely wouldn't be stupid enough to leave him out if he was the goalscorer we were looking for all along.

If it's true that he's on a one-year deal, I doubt we'll see that extended.

A part of me wants him to stay and 'make it' at the club, but with limited first team action i don't think he's really been given the oppertunity to convince us.

I don't doubt his skill and i'm sure if we stuck with him he would repay us 10 fold, but times are hard and can we afford the luxury?

Without doubt he should be playing behind brooker and Stewart with Wilkshire on the left and murray on the right of midfield and Russell in the holding position. All the younger players look as though they could do with a break.

I don't think the guy has had a fair chance yet, (dog accident hasn't helped), But i totally agree he should be given the chance playing in the hole behind Brooker and Stewart, with the midfield as you suggested, that sounds good to me.

Without doubt he should be playing behind brooker and Stewart with Wilkshire on the left and murray on the right of midfield and Russell in the holding position. All the younger players look as though they could do with a break.

Russell is not a holding midfielder, he is a passing one, think Wilkshire, not Doherty.

That side would be completely overrun just as we are now, who would win the tackles in midfield, Murray?

Forget Bridges, what we need is another Dave Rennie.

Bridges needs the ball to feet. We play route 1.

Watch him during the game - how many shouts does he make to other players when its hoofed up towards him.

We don't utilise the man properly. Much like Stewart IMO. And Miller. Need i go on? :)

We don't utilise the man properly. Much like Stewart IMO. And Miller. Need i go on? :)

Maybe just MAYBE they're not good enough.

Brooker and Lita didn't have many problems with this "route 1" service.

I'm getting bored and fed up of people trying to find excuses for these over paid players, who aren't performing.

If i was to choose a team which included Bridges it would have to be Brooker and Stewart upfront, Bridges in the 'hole' and then have Wilkshire, Russell and Brown in the centre. Sadly this would leave us very exposed down the flanks. My team if everyone was fit.

-----SANKOFA------HEYWOOD------PARTRIDGE-------

ORR-----------------------------------------GOLBOURNE

-------RUSSELL/WILKSHIRE-----BROWN---------------

----------------------BRIDGES---------------------------

--------------STEWART-------BROOKER----------------

Archived