IGNORED

The Dreaded Sky Tv Curse

The Batman

We play Swindon next friday, and the game is on sky.

Over the years our performances have been of the poorest quality, extremely dull and some what embarrasing when we have played infront of the camera's. As the game is being shown on tv, it will show the people of Britain just why we are down the bottom when everyone thought we'd walk the league back in August.

Or will we turn it around against bottom of the league and rivals Swindon Town???

Over the years our performances have been of the poorest quality, extremely dull and some what embarrasing when we have played infront of the camera's.

The televised game where Rovers players were chased down the tunnel is still talked about by neutrals to this day.

So yes, completely agree with you.

Over the years our performances have been of the poorest quality, extremely dull and some what embarrasing when we have played infront of the camera's. As the game is being shown on tv, it will show the people of Britain just why we are down the bottom when everyone thought we'd walk the league back in August.

Or will we turn it around against bottom of the league and rivals Swindon Town???

Some of them have been decent, like winning at Tranmere last year. And who can forget beating Rovers 3-2 on a Friday night before Christmas a few years ago, one of my favourite games ever.

Some of them have been decent, like winning at Tranmere last year. And who can forget beating Rovers 3-2 on a Friday night before Christmas a few years ago, one of my favourite games ever.

True, but there was that 0-0 lunchtime kick off vs bournemouth 2 years ago, Even against Carlisle in the LDV final, we won but we were poor. The playoff final vs Brighton was another example.

And the FA cup matches that have been on tv, last season when Lita missed the pen in the shootout, also where we've played non league opposition, we may have won them, but we did it the hard way and made us look poor. against kettering i think it was where we drew at home because of a 91st min goal by thorpe and we won the replay thanks to a late Murray goal, and the other game where we won 3-1, but that was only because Roberts broke and scored to make it 3 after they dominated the last 15 mins. The LDV South Semi Final match against Cambridge where both games were on sky, we drew over there and lost at home.

But yes, there have been some great matches.

I don't think we have a Sky curse exactly. Last 3 games on Sky off the top of my head - 0-0 at B'mouth, 1-0 win at Tranmere, 0-0 V COLU.

We just play poorly when on TV ie COLU at home earlier this season - what a thrilling 0-0 that was.

All I know it that the Swindon game will be massive for both teams, we need 3 points and I don't care how pretty it is.

I must admit that I usually approach the Tv games with the thoughts 'Oh no, Sky Tv cameras are here', rather than the 'lets show everybody how good we are' attitude.

I think we will be safe next week though, there won't be too many watching as surely only Bristol city fans (and a few swindles) will tune in after the recent run by both sides. Saying that it will have the derby factor, missing from the dour Colchester game of last season (whoever picked that one for tv should have been shot!).

Lord I hope so!!! I think it's going to be one hell of a dog fight... Shame I'll miss it.

:dunno: We have a very good record on sky.

Sunderland 1 City 1

City 1 Bolton 0

City 0 QPR 0 (not so good)

City 1 Rovers 1 (not so good)

City 3 Rovers 2

kingstonian 0 City 1

Harrogate 1 City 3 (i think not sure)

cardiff 0 city 2

City 2 Harlepool 1

Harlepool 1 City 1

Oldham 1 City 2

Tranmare 0 City 1

Plus I'm sure ive missed some!

The Sunderland away draw , as listed in a previous post, was a cracker. We defended like troopers against a really strong Sunderland team and equalised (was it a Soren Anderson, edge of box?) late on. Loved it.

Swindon are just as pants as us, and I actually think we've got a good chance. Stewart'll probably bag a few, knowing he's on TV.

Don't forget that Russell, Brooker and Heywood are targeting that as their comeback game.

I've just convinced myself we'll win.

True...but who in their right mind watched it on Sky (unless they couldn't get a ticket)?!!!!

i was stranded in sheffield at the time, I made the pub put it on the big screen and was probably the only city fan there! and what's this about our SKY TV performances always being poo? most of the time when we're not on TV we really are poo anyway! so :city::chant6ez::city:

well, i said it would.

b0110cks

I was crying in the pub up in Wolves, had some of me mates saying all that stuff about so many games to go, and the January transfer window so players will come, and bridges,stewart, and brooker should all play and when they do you'll win. But i just aint seen it this season, getting a tad worried.

Ah well, CITY TILL I DIE :city::city::city:

Archived